GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tune Needed for JBA Short Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/08, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the feeling.
I have boxes of parts in my garage still waiting to go on. I have installed some of them over the last few weekends though thankfully. Dropped off a part at the powder coater yesterday.

I still need to get myself a Eaton LS or Detroit Truetrac to get my gears installed. Can't decide which one i want to go with. I ave the Eaton Pro LS in my F-150 and that thing is rock solid. But i keep hearing great things about the Truetrac.

Radboss why did you not buy the headers already coated? Wouldnt it have been cheaper that way?

Last edited by 06GT4RAD; 5/31/08 at 06:31 PM.
Old 5/31/08, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand how they can be sold on ebay for 697 when you can get the cheaper than that at any number of places. SUmmit Racing has em for 540 silver ceramic which is exactly what I have my eye on right now. I cant afford to drop 1500 on headers so shorties it is when the time comes. Ive had parts in my garage for months now
Old 5/31/08, 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

not to hijack too much... Have a question for those that have installed a set. Sorry for the million questions.

How big of a pain was it to do it yourself ? Two days worth or more ? would it be a good time to put in the prothane mounts while I'm there ?? would the "Shaved" or lowered mounts cause a problem with any clearance ??

If you have them installed, how much was the install, ballpark ?

I ask because I've wanted these mainly because of they're CARB'd and I know I can't do Longtubes. I lucked into a pair at a raffle today so instead of "one of these days" it can be now.

As far as gains there may not be much of an increase, I find it hard to believe that it's as low as some say. Still it's nice to have a set that are legal and free, so I ain't gonna complain.
Old 5/31/08, 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
I know the feeling.
I have boxes of parts in my garage still waiting to go on. I have installed some of them over the last few weekends though thankfully. Dropped off a part at the powder coater yesterday.

I still need to get myself a Eaton LS or Detroit Truetrac to get my gears installed. Can't decide which one i want to go with. I ave the Eaton Pro LS in my F-150 and that thing is rock solid. But i keep hearing great things about the Truetrac.

Radboss why did you not buy the headers already coated? Wouldnt it have been cheaper that way?
Well I believed the JBA add, were it said these were SS headers. Fact is the flange is carbon steel and the rest is SS (although not the stainless SS grade). I really like the look of clean stainless amd wanted that look. Had I known this, I would have ordered them with ceramic ... however, I bet this jet hot is better than what JBA are doing.
Old 6/1/08, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RadBOSS
Well I believed the JBA add, were it said these were SS headers. Fact is the flange is carbon steel and the rest is SS (although not the stainless SS grade). I really like the look of clean stainless amd wanted that look. Had I known this, I would have ordered them with ceramic ... however, I bet this jet hot is better than what JBA are doing.

My understanding is they use Jet Hot.

So what did it cost you to have the done by JET HOT?

I could be wrong though. I have a set of their headers on my F-150 and they have been on there for about 10 years or so and they still look pretty good. Not saying they look new by any means but considering they are as old as they are and some of the muck and mirier they have seen

Last edited by 06GT4RAD; 6/1/08 at 09:23 AM.