GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Trouble codes

Old 6/8/05, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know nothing about these computers, After JBA longtube headers, c&l intake, diablo 93 octane tune, and gears im getting these codes when I plug the Diablo in.

P0135 Upstream HO2S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 1
P0141 Downstream HO2S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 1
P0161 Downstream HO2S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 2
P1000 OBD II Monitor Testing Incomplete
P0133 Upstream HO2S Circuit Slow Response, Bank No. 1

Im thinking that the downstream heater circuits faults are the rear 2 O2 sensors. If this is true, I was under the impression from reading here at the board that the C&L tune turns the back set of sensors off? Also the drivers side front sensor was damaged, I.E. the plastic sheath is partially cut and I can see part of one of the wire is damaged. It doesnt look to be cut all the way thru so i taped it and put it back in until the replacement I ordered from Ford for 120$ comes in :bang:

The OBD II monitor test incomplete.. No idea how to correct this.

Any help would be appreciated, Id like to get rid of these codes before I go get dyno tuned next week but I really have no idea where to start short of going into the dealership which I do not want to do.

Also, I am getting P0581. I didnt write down the entire name for it thinking I could find the code online but Im unable to find it at the same place Im finding the other ones. It was something involving the cruise control. Of note, when installing the JBA headers I had to disconnect steering column to fit them in. Since then, the horn doesnt work and the push in cap to activate the horn on the wheel feels kind of loose, cruise control doesnt work and air bag light is on. I have not had time to really get up in there and look and really only discovered the problem today after my first day of actual driving since most of these modifications. Hopefully someone has had this problem and can tell me the easy fix. Not to wish crappy car trouble on anyone
Old 6/9/05, 07:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not to flame you, but it appears to me that you should consider taking it to a shop to get it repaired and for any future mods you have planned. :bang:
Old 6/9/05, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

I don't know about the C&L tune. It really wouldn't make much sense for a CAI tune to turn off the O2 sensors. But, if you choose modify from the Diablo menu, I believe you can turn the O2 sensor off in those settings.
Old 6/9/05, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Altoid@June 8, 2005, 2:02 PM
Going to agree, followed by maybe stabing himself with it, heh.

I honestly can't read this, it hurts my eyes.
I think the headers may be the culprit somehow..
Old 6/9/05, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Get the tuner updated first to rule out the diablo.
Download the newest c@l tune.
Fix the o2s
reset battery
put back in the tune and put on a dyno.
Old 6/9/05, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by outdoorstom@June 9, 2005, 8:18 AM
Not to flame you, but it appears to me that you should consider taking it to a shop to get it repaired and for any future mods you have planned. :bang:
Why pay a shop to do what MAY cost me only the time spent typing/reading here?

I have updated the tuner to the R21 update, it is the newest listed update, and the tune is the C&L tune from the diablosport website, I doubt it is the newest one.

I know the tuner is able to turn the rear O2 sensors off, its been stated on this board. I am thinking that may be a custom tune however, since hawgman made a good point of why would they do that to just a straight C&L tune (i.e. not factoring in headers)

Thanks for the replies, I think I have a solid plan at least for getting the O2 sensors right. Tonight I should have time to look at the steering column which I think I probably should take somewhere since I didnt do anything but disconnect it for a few minutes.
Old 6/9/05, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

After leaving my dyno tuners shop the other day my car went into the get home mode. Read the codes and it was screaming lean. He did use the wideband on it. Cleaned out everything and going to dealer this week. From the look of whats going on The JLT pipe WILL NOT go back on as a deformed CAI is not worth a poot. What is the next best one? MMR OR C&L?
Old 6/10/05, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Mongoose@June 9, 2005, 7:19 PM
After leaving my dyno tuners shop the other day my car went into the get home mode. Read the codes and it was screaming lean. He did use the wideband on it. Cleaned out everything and going to dealer this week. From the look of whats going on The JLT pipe WILL NOT go back on as a deformed CAI is not worth a poot. What is the next best one? MMR OR C&L?

I have a C&L, some say that a metal intake will heat up negating the whole "cold air" thing but it seems solid and mounted on there nicely. As far as HP and if it does heat up, I have touched it after some light driving and it was warm only. I have no idea how much this would actually effect HP. Overall im happy with the C&L.