GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tranny in for service for leak

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mentioned that during the course of my synthetic oil change a few weeks ago I found a transmission fluid leak....Finally got around to taking it in for service for the first time while the forums were down.....Dealer found that the o rings were missing from the trans cooler lines! How stupid is that? They installed a set and sealed them up and test drove it finding no leaks afterward....Thank god I changed the oil at 1,000 miles or they'd probably be replacing my tranny from the leak long before I would have hit 3k....Hope this serves as fair warning for everybody to check their trannys when they get a chance. The dealer had other '05's in for similar issues and I've seen it discussed by a number of others on TMS as well. On a side note, I had pretty much the entire dealership waiting for me when I went back to get it.....they asked every question under the sun so I referred them to TMS and a bunch of aftermarket companies as they plan to mod out some of their showroom '05's into Swingleclones in the near future....LOL Glad to be the original and not an imitation. Take care all!!!

John
Old 1/27/05, 10:10 AM
FR500 Member

Did you have any tranny fluid leaking onto the ground, or was it a slow leak?
Old 1/27/05, 10:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

It was minor, but was enough to be visible with just a cursory inspection under the car.....seemed like it would leak when the car was running but not much when shut off and garaged as I never saw any to speak of on the floor....strange deal.....just glad it's fixed as I drive the car hard and that's the last worry i needed......
Old 1/27/05, 11:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Swingle...given your mods and understated ( ) driving style so far did the dealership give you a hard time about the service???
Old 1/28/05, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not at all GMAYS.....I was a little petrified to see what they'd say as well, but all went perfectly....I'm sure they noticed that I had re-flashed with SCT because they went in and shut off my engine light after to checking to see why it was on.....It was on from my MMR intake and they didn't give me any grief on that issue either....They were enthused to see and hear about all the mods and didn't make me feel like there'd be any issues with servicing it in the future. I went so far as to show them my burnout and dyno vids and they were loving it. Buncha gearheads I guess...Hope to hear that everybody gets this same treatment. Bought the car from Team Ford in Humble, Tx. just to toot their horn a bit.....

John
Old 1/28/05, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats great and I wish all dealers were like them. They have to know most people are going to do an intake and a reflash at least. Really thats all you need to do, almost everything else is done from the factory.