GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

TPMS in spare?

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/08, 09:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
TPMS in spare?

The other day the Tire Pressure warning light came on after an hour long drive, I first get out to check for no flat and then go straight home and check all 4 tires and everthing was OK, got in the car and the lights still on. My wifes old 2005 Sequoia has the sensor and one time it was the spare that was causing it but it was a fullsize spare. I had to lower the **** thing to air it up and then raise it back up again...anyway once I aired up the spare which was about 25psi lower than that recommended. Long story short th light went off the next time I started and drove the car.

Did it go off becuse I basically reset the monitor by putting the car in motion?

Did it go off because I solved the problem by filling the spare meaning the spare has monitor?

Or is it just acting funny on me and trying to annoy me?
Old 2/19/08, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you didn't add air to your tires, i don't think just driving again would reset the monitors. (however if you did add air, then yes, it could have reset by you driving around)

the spare does not have a sensor.

i vote number 3.

was the light a steady light or was it flashing? a steady light means that the pressure is low. a flashing light means that there is a malfunction of some sort.

disclaimer- i don't claim to be an expert on this. someone please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 2/20/08, 07:49 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It was a steady light, and the only air added was to the spare.

My concern was it never came on since I bought the car unless it came on after I had removed a tire for access during parts replacements and so forth. But when I had the wheels changed they moved the sensors onto the new wheels, and now something funny happens. I'll just have to watch it in the future.