GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Threw a Code...

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/08, 12:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threw a Code...

Went to the first car show of the summer, started the car up to leave and noticed the check engine light. Car drove completely normal, no hesitations, or sputtering...nothing out of the ordinary.

I got home and plugged in the SCT and got this...

P0153 OX SCIR

SLW RESP 251

Is this similar to Jims issue with slow responding 02 Sensors or Cats or something??
Old 5/11/08, 12:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Searched for the code online and found this:
P0153 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response
Old 5/11/08, 03:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Matt,
That code will show up once in a while because of your longtubes. It is because the front O2 sensor are farther downstream. Clear the code and go. Larry (Airecare) got that code several times after we installed his OBX longtubes. I can't remember what he did to fix the issue. You might PM him.
Scott
Old 5/11/08, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Scott!
Old 5/11/08, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Matt, I too get this code from time to time, and just clear it, if it comes up. What I do to remedy this, is to let the car warm up before I drive off. When I do this, I never get the code, vs starting the car, when cold, and driving right away.
Old 5/11/08, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Matt, I too get this code from time to time, and just clear it, if it comes up. What I do to remedy this, is to let the car warm up before I drive off. When I do this, I never get the code, vs starting the car, when cold, and driving right away.
I Bet thats exactly what caused the Code Jeff!!

I moved back home for the summer and lately my Dad has been moving my car all over the driveway for various reasons where he will just start the car up, move it over and turn it off. One occasion my neighbors came over to hear the exhaust while I was in the shower. So he took it upon himself to get the keys, start the car redline it a few times and shut it off in a matter of 20 seconds...Needless to say that really ticked me off, but he is paying for my entire education at Texas A&M so it's not like I can really complain!

I've told him numerous times to just tell me when it needs moved and I will take it to go get a drink at a 7/11 and upon returning I'll park it in the street out of the way, but being the old Street Rod type of guy he thinks he knows it all!

Last edited by SlamMan02; 5/11/08 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10/19/08, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Another little problem tonight...

Get done studying and see the dreaded 'Check Engine' light back in place...GREAT!!

I try to limp it home not knowing exactly whats going on and about 2 miles from home I hear a big POP and something sounded like it was dragging across the road and I'm thinking WTF? I know I didn't just blow my motor...

Pulled over on the side of the road, popped the hood and tried to investigate but being that its 10:30 at night my phone and little pen light were doing nothing. I decided to limp it the rest of the way home (2 miles) going about 20mph with the flashers on riding the shoulder.

Pull into my space and get under the car only to see what appears to be the plastic shroud directly underneath the front bumper only half on (Which I think I must have jarred loose on the huge driveway into my friends apartment)...Which revealed what the horrible noise was!

I went inside my Apt. to grab my SCT Tuner and upon returning I was releaved to see there was nothing leaking and the car was still idling fine. Check the code and its basically another 'SLOW 02 Response' except this time Im guessing its a different bank as the numbers are slightly different. (p01334 OXs S CIR SLW RESP 151) Cleared it and hopefully everything is okay.

My plans for now are waiting for it to be bright enough outside to pop the hood and double check all the connections/plumbing, then use my emergency jack to pick the car up enough for me to either A) Reattach the plastic shroud or B) Remove it.

GAH! What a headache...
Old 10/20/08, 11:32 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Another little problem tonight...

Get done studying and see the dreaded 'Check Engine' light back in place...GREAT!!

I try to limp it home not knowing exactly whats going on and about 2 miles from home I hear a big POP and something sounded like it was dragging across the road and I'm thinking WTF? I know I didn't just blow my motor...

Pulled over on the side of the road, popped the hood and tried to investigate but being that its 10:30 at night my phone and little pen light were doing nothing. I decided to limp it the rest of the way home (2 miles) going about 20mph with the flashers on riding the shoulder.

Pull into my space and get under the car only to see what appears to be the plastic shroud directly underneath the front bumper only half on (Which I think I must have jarred loose on the huge driveway into my friends apartment)...Which revealed what the horrible noise was!

I went inside my Apt. to grab my SCT Tuner and upon returning I was releaved to see there was nothing leaking and the car was still idling fine. Check the code and its basically another 'SLOW 02 Response' except this time Im guessing its a different bank as the numbers are slightly different. (p01334 OXs S CIR SLW RESP 151) Cleared it and hopefully everything is okay.

My plans for now are waiting for it to be bright enough outside to pop the hood and double check all the connections/plumbing, then use my emergency jack to pick the car up enough for me to either A) Reattach the plastic shroud or B) Remove it.

GAH! What a headache...
LOL, the same thing happened to me a month ago Matt...I was on the freeway and out of nowhere I heard this loud scraping comming from underneath the car and I thought oh carp! I pulled over and looked underneath and that same plasitc piece underneath the front bumper was half way off and all tore up. I ripped it off and went on my way but you just reminded me I need to go to Ford and order a new one so thanks bud...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 10/20/08 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10/20/08, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Haha yeah No problem!

Is it okay to drive without it?
Old 10/20/08, 07:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Haha yeah No problem!

Is it okay to drive without it?
I would say yeah and no. I have had it off for about a month but it's there to protect all those goods up front. I want to get it back on there because with it off my radiator , intercooler, and intercooler pipes are all exposed and I don't want a rock or whatever fyling up and damaging them or anything else thats under there.
Old 10/21/08, 01:24 AM
Bullitt Member

If long tube headers cause all these fault code problems with the sensors being more downstream. Why not shut the o2 sensor buns off and weld on a new set further upstream where they would function correctly at a muffler shop? Is there anything in the way of doing this? I see plenty of people complaining about this. Check engine lights can become a big pain the butt when you need to get your car inspected and it just so happens that the light turns on at the shop.

Just curious that's all.