GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Sure hope Doug frm Bamachips gets back soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/05, 02:34 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed it myself, and was fairly easy. Took me a few hours doing it alone and had some rhino ramps. All you need is a long socket (don't remember the size, but it's the same that you use for the muffler clamps) and a few long extension bars. It helps to have one extension that wobbles because a couple of the nuts that attach the stock h-pipe to the headers aren't exactly lined up with your line of sight. I had the socket hooked to a 2" 'wobble' extension and then had that hooked to two 3" straight extensions. I didn't have a 6" but that would work just as well. That's really all you need. ANd the socket wrench of course. The bigger the better. You'll need the torque.

I did have a problem where one of the nuts at the headers seized. I ended up actually breaking a GMGoodwrench socket extension (at the female end) trying to get off this nut. Finally, the bolt snapped loose out of the header end. Then, it was basically attached to the h-pipe flange with no way to get it off without cutting the bolt or drilling out the nut. So, I had to run to the hardware store and get a new bolt and nut. But chances are you'll be fine.

It's very simple though. You have to loosen all the clamps from the mufflers up, and basically have the mufflers hanging there so that you can slide the stock h-pipe towards the rear of the car to get it off. You'll see once you get down there. The hardest part is getting everything lines up. Just get everything in place and get all the clamps on, just tight enough to stay in place. Then, make sure the x-pipe is centered left to right before you fully tighten the nuts at the headers. If not, the x-pipe will be really close to one side of the car, and could touch and end up rattling. Once you have the x-pipe centered and the nuts at the heder/x-pipe flange tightened real good, keep adjusting the connection from the exhaust pipes to the x-pipe until your mufflers are in the right spot and tighten everything up. Hope this helps, and good luck. Can't wait to hear this combination.
Old 11/9/05, 02:35 PM
FR500 Member

And I apologize in advance... I just realized what topic this was. Back to topic: Welcome back, Doug!
Old 11/9/05, 06:25 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by acadian@November 9, 2005, 3:38 PM
And I apologize in advance... I just realized what topic this was. Back to topic: Welcome back, Doug!

As always, thanks Ian!

And hey I started this topic anyways.... we can go off on a little tangent.....

Spotted your future stuff in your sig - you are doing the 18 by 9 anthracites??? Sweet!!!!!!
Old 11/10/05, 08:00 AM
FR500 Member

Yeah, I will DEFINITELY have 18x9 anthracite bullitts on my car by the big meet next Labor Day. Just not sure yet if I want the deep dish bullitts or the medium lip like yours. I have some time to think about it though.