GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Superchargers=void warranty or not?

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/06, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ddd1968rt @ February 10, 2006, 10:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I received an e-mail from Roush Performance today that states that they expect to release the ROUSHCHARGER for AUTOMATIC equipped GTs "by mid spring to summer time 2006." Roush Performance also told me this on the telephone earlier today. And, my local Ford dealer (who also is a Roush dealer and installs the Roush superchargers on customer's cars) checked with Roush about this, and was told the same thing.

For what it's worth, my local Ford dealer also told me that, when they (or another authorized Ford & Roush dealer) installs this, the factory warranty will continue to be honored. That's important to me, because I too purchased the extended warranty. That means a lot to a lot of us out there, that want extra performance without all the hassles about the warranty. And yes, having to remove a CAI and return the car to stock settings every time you take it in for inspection, routine maintenance, etc., is a BIG PAIN. Just not worth it for a lot of us, at least until after the warranty has run out.
[/b][/quote]
Good news on the auto version!

As for the warranty, it's not the factory one. I've got an email from Roush on it somewhere (may have even pasted it into another thread somewhere on TMS, maybe try a search on "roush warranty"). I'll try and find it and put it in here. The warranty is also only 3yr/36K, much like the factory Ford warranty, so your extended warranty will not cover any parts which break due to the s/c, after the factory period (unless your dealership opts to do this as a favour for you, which is what they may be talking about).
Old 2/15/06, 02:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ February 10, 2006, 3:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good news on the auto version!

As for the warranty, it's not the factory one. I've got an email from Roush on it somewhere (may have even pasted it into another thread somewhere on TMS, maybe try a search on "roush warranty"). I'll try and find it and put it in here. The warranty is also only 3yr/36K, much like the factory Ford warranty, so your extended warranty will not cover any parts which break due to the s/c, after the factory period (unless your dealership opts to do this as a favour for you, which is what they may be talking about).
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>For what it's worth, my local Ford dealer also told me that, when they (or another authorized Ford & Roush dealer) installs this, the factory warranty will continue to be honored[/b][/quote]

Yes he is speaking abouit the Ford warranty not Roush's.
I have spoken to a few dealers that will honor the Ford warranty if they install the blower.
Mine is being done this week at a Ford dealer.
They will honor my Ford warranty, my extended warranty, and they will cover the supercharger in the extended warranty, should it puke a bearing or something.
Old 2/17/06, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Here it is, my original question, along with Roush's (very brief) reply.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sir/ Madam, I, and a number of others, am interested in purchasing the
Roushcharger for our 2005 Mustang GT's, primarily due to the warranty
coverage offered by Roush.

Could you please provide further information on the warranty offered -
specifically, is this a Ford warranty and where can I expect the
warranty to be honored. Please specifically state whether I can expect a
non-Roush dealership to do warranty work on my Roush s/c'd car.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan McCombie.

Duncan,

What our Roush warranty covers is, it will void the Ford factory
warranty, but our warranty will cover the remaning of the 3 year 36,000
mile warranty. The work has to be done by a certified mechanic.

Thanks,

Roush Performance Products
Sales and Customer Service
28156 Plymouth Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH
[/b][/quote]

It sounds like some of you guys are getting lucky with your dealers, in that they'll cover your car once you get the supercharger put in. However, this ISN'T the factory warranty, so they are in no position to tell you that any other dealer is bound to honor it. Also note that Roush's warranty is 3/36000. I'd be surprised if your local dealerships are really going to honor any extended period beyond this.

Oh, and by the way, if you make any other perf mod to your car, Roush may "void" their warranty, leaving you wholely uncovered (engine, drivetrain, etc).
Old 2/20/06, 04:52 PM
GT Member

well lets just say a little bit