GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Superchargers & SLP Loudmouths....

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/06, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchargers & SLP Loudmouths....

Anyone experience with a supercharger and SLP Loudmouths?? I just bought a used pair of SLPs from a forum member on her and I LOVE THEM TO DEATH and I dont want to get rid of them....

I am due to have my ProCharger installed in about 3 weeks and I'm worried about how much louder is going to be with the superchager on the car with the SLPs, meaning I dont want to get in tooo much trouble, so far I have not been bothered by anyone or police with the exhaust, i still get the thumbs up everywhere I go and I even got a thumbs up from an off duty cop at at Wawa the other day.....

can anyone give me any input about the exhaust tone and volume when putting on a supercharger?.....

this will be the first car I ever put a supercharger on....
Old 10/5/06, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Your exhaust volume shouldn't change too much unless you are running WOT. If you change out your stock cats and H pipe it will get really loud.
Old 10/5/06, 12:41 PM
GT Member

+1 - the s/c alone isn't going to make a noticeable difference. What is going to be the killer is when (notice I said 'when'...lol) you up the boost on your procharger and need to run good gas, you're going to to have to lose your cats. Without the cats on an H-pipe, the SLP's will be too loud especially if you have l/t's.

I was kinda glad I switched to a turbo and replaced the l/t's for the stock manifolds. My car was INSANELY loud. Though I never got a ticket - it wasn't a 'cool muscle car sound' - it was just gawdy loud for the street IMO.

When you're getting a big mod like FI, it my opinion that you should also look down the road and consider what you plan on doing to the car in the future and build around that now. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Old 10/5/06, 12:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

i was real worried there cause so many people told me that the volume was going to DEF. increase louder, plus its the SLP loudmouths and no mufflers. so thats what i was worried about....
Old 10/5/06, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ChevyKiller
+1 - the s/c alone isn't going to make a noticeable difference. What is going to be the killer is when (notice I said 'when'...lol) you up the boost on your procharger and need to run good gas, you're going to to have to lose your cats. Without the cats on an H-pipe, the SLP's will be too loud especially if you have l/t's.

I was kinda glad I switched to a turbo and replaced the l/t's for the stock manifolds. My car was INSANELY loud. Though I never got a ticket - it wasn't a 'cool muscle car sound' - it was just gawdy loud for the street IMO.

When you're getting a big mod like FI, it my opinion that you should also look down the road and consider what you plan on doing to the car in the future and build around that now. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.
its a simple kit, 8lb pulley and being tune to 425HP well below the 450HP range where people were having problems blowing rods and pistons and running on 93 octane. maybe down the road when i have more money and 425 is not enough ponies for me, I'll change the pulley and change the motor around and boost it up. but for now I'm playing it safe
Old 10/5/06, 12:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
its a simple kit, 8lb pulley and being tune to 425HP well below the 450HP range where people were having problems blowing rods and pistons and running on 93 octane. maybe down the road when i have more money and 425 is not enough ponies for me, I'll change the pulley and change the motor around and boost it up. but for now I'm playing it safe

^^That says it all (but for now)...lol Like I said...'when'...

BTW - the 450 hp range is not the killer of motors that you have heard. The tuning is what windows blocks. I'm sure you know this cause you mentioned pump gas. Stay under 16º on pump gas and you'll be fine for where you plan to be. Timing is the number one cause for destruction. The easiest way for a novice tuner to get more out of the car is to increase timing. The combination of increasing timing and still running on pump gas has been a recipe for dissaster for several guys. I ran 526 rwhp on a vortech on the stocklongblock for over a year and 12K miles with not a single problem. There are several guys now in the low 500 range on the stock longblocks. The one factor we all had/have in comon is we all had great tuners...
Old 10/5/06, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I was kinda glad I switched to a turbo and replaced the l/t's for the stock manifolds.
You got that bad ride of yours running with the Turbo yet? If so I wanna know how its going!
Old 10/5/06, 01:09 PM
GT Member

It's going great but the real test will be next Wednesday. Taking it to LACR for some 1/4 mile test-n-tune. The DA and elevation suck there but it's the only option for 1/4 mile out here right now and I have to test on the 1/4 to dial in the gears, etc.

We are going to find out wed if the 67mm is going to perform as well as Mike (PH) hopes it does. If not, we'll be swapping to the 76mm. Have to find out all this stuff on the 1/4 cause the 1/8 doesn't tell me squat so wednesday is the big day. (it's the soonest any 1/4 is open here in so cal)

Trying to get everything wrapped up and ready to go for FFW in Fontanna in a couple weeks. I'll definitely be posting some dyno stuff and info when my mustang home is back up and running...lol

(sorry to hijack... )
Old 10/5/06, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

(sorry to hijack... )
My bad!
Old 10/5/06, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hadthe LM's on my car with the o/r H before I just added my whipple supercharger. Its was nasty loud and the blower didnt effect it. I like them but im going to save them for when I go to the track...no cats makes them just plain loud almost all the time. I am going to swap back to my frpp ones.