GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

stock panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/06, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i finally put my springs/struts/shocks from mt frpp kit on, and although i knew that doing so would shift the rear end over some i though that i would be able to live with it for a few weeks.

then i put the car back on the alignment rack and pulled some numbers.

the shifting of the rear end also changed the rear toe ( remember the old novas that had the dog walk look?)

so i went to h.p. motorsports and got one of their adjustable bars( molly tube, solid rod ends, very light )

when i pulled the stock bar i was supprised how heavy it was, and then figured out that it is partially filled
with something(lead shot/sand/ something?)

anyone have any ideas why?
not that it really matters much, but im curious?

as a side note the solid rod ends stop alot of the squirm in the rear end and make no noise!

jay
Old 3/2/06, 05:00 PM
RPM
GT Member

I read that filling the panhard has something to do with NVH. "I think" the fill acts to dampen resonance and make the car a little quieter.
Old 3/2/06, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tkogt @ March 2, 2006, 6:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i finally put my springs/struts/shocks from mt frpp kit on, and although i knew that doing so would shift the rear end over some i though that i would be able to live with it for a few weeks.

then i put the car back on the alignment rack and pulled some numbers.

the shifting of the rear end also changed the rear toe ( remember the old novas that had the dog walk look?)

so i went to h.p. motorsports and got one of their adjustable bars( molly tube, solid rod ends, very light )

when i pulled the stock bar i was supprised how heavy it was, and then figured out that it is partially filled
with something(lead shot/sand/ something?)

anyone have any ideas why?
not that it really matters much, but im curious?

as a side note the solid rod ends stop alot of the squirm in the rear end and make no noise!
jay
[/b][/quote]

Read post 18 of this thread. I have seen them being made. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...neco+automotive
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 09:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can't believe I didn't even notice when I swapped mine, so I had to go grab the stock bar from under the sofa and give it a shake.
Old 3/12/06, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ground Control is the only one I've seen to make a panhard with that stuff inside: "<span style="font-family:Garamond"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Exclusive GC internal damping material (just like stock)</span></span>"
but only in their non-adjustable Street version (although they have two differerent length products available for stock height or lowered):
2005 Mustang Panhard Rod