GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stingers + Prochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/06, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Scott- when's the install happening? 'Bout time isn't it???
Old 12/30/06, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Hey Scott- when's the install happening? 'Bout time isn't it???
Hey my friend... You need to get some sleep. ...posting at 12.00 am. Well, just got home at 12:30 today from spending 3 days in your state. Wife and I like going to Brown County, Indiana. (Nashville) Know some people over there with 5 log cabins in the hills. We like going over there the week between Xmas and New Years. Had a great time. Got home and to my dismay... No off road legs. I know they had to come from California. Guess they are still if transit. Will do a track on them to see where they are at. I will get them on after getting them and give my honest onpinion of them.
Scott
Old 12/30/06, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey my friend... You need to get some sleep. ...posting at 12.00 am. Well, just got home at 12:30 today from spending 3 days in your state. Wife and I like going to Brown County, Indiana. (Nashville) Know some people over there with 5 log cabins in the hills. We like going over there the week between Xmas and New Years. Had a great time. Got home and to my dismay... No off road legs. I know they had to come from California. Guess they are still if transit. Will do a track on them to see where they are at. I will get them on after getting them and give my honest onpinion of them.
Scott

Brown County is NICE......it's been years for me but I'm sure it was great-congrats. Keep us posted.
Old 12/31/06, 06:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Okay... tracked my off road legs and they were shipped on 12/21 and have only made it to Hodgkins Ill. Guess the snow storms and holiday shipping have really slowed things down. Not scheduled for delivery until 1/4/07. Guess the install will be next weekend.
Scott
Old 12/31/06, 11:12 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay... tracked my off road legs and they were shipped on 12/21 and have only made it to Hodgkins Ill. Guess the snow storms and holiday shipping have really slowed things down. Not scheduled for delivery until 1/4/07. Guess the install will be next weekend.
Scott

that suck's
Old 12/31/06, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott, if it makes you feel better, earlier this morning I removed the Bassani catted X and reinstalled my offroad H pipe.....hahaha .

Sorry, I couldn't resist........ LOL
Old 12/31/06, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott, if it makes you feel better, earlier this morning I removed the Bassani catted X and reinstalled my offroad H pipe.....hahaha .

Sorry, I couldn't resist........ LOL
Well... No that doesn't make me feel any better. I am still just trying to change my exhaust one time. You change exhaust like most of us change underwear. (need that redneck smiley) So.. all kidding aside. Have you got a favorite combo yet?
Scott
Old 12/31/06, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I ran with the Borlas and catted X for one month now and I like how it sounds. I figured since its a holiday and I had some time, I'd reinstall the offroad H just for kicks. Immediately upon startup I started smiling......I realized that I had missed that low rumble and extra attitude.

Its loud- don't get me wrong I haven't had much time today to drive since it's raining to beat heck but despite the extra volume I'll probably keep it this way for a while as it is a great sound and has that "attitude" that commands everyone's attention when you go WOT.

On a side note, a weld on the Bassani X is leaking noticeably and I'll need to get it fixed before I use it again. To tell the truth, I'm kinda disappointed in the quality of the Bassani unit. While I have it out, I may have the shop get rid of the stupid slip-in connection to the over-axle pipes as it is a female dog to work with. It took me 2 hours to remove the Bassani X- and only about 35 minutes to completely reinstall the offroad H.
Old 12/31/06, 02:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Soooo..... I trying to read between the lines. It seems you like the sound of the car better without the cats regardless if you have the H or X pipe on. Is this true? Also, I have also noticed that you still have the Borla's on the car... are they becoming your muffler of choice??
Old 12/31/06, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Soooo..... I trying to read between the lines. It seems you like the sound of the car better without the cats regardless if you have the H or X pipe on. Is this true? Also, I have also noticed that you still have the Borla's on the car... are they becoming your muffler of choice??

Sorry to be long-winded sometimes...... Yep, the Borlas are my choice- I've sold the Corsas. And although I like how they sound with the catted X, the offroad H sounds mean and nasty; I like it. I'm gonna try it out for a couple of weeks and see how I like it on a day to day basis.
Old 12/31/06, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would you rate the difference in volume between the bassani x and the o/r H?
Old 12/31/06, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry to be long-winded sometimes...... Yep, the Borlas are my choice- I've sold the Corsas. And although I like how they sound with the catted X, the offroad H sounds mean and nasty; I like it. I'm gonna try it out for a couple of weeks and see how I like it on a day to day basis.
We have another convert to the Borla's!!!!!! You can answer a question that I have and am going to find out for myself in the next few weeks. "Do the Borlas have more or less drone with or without the stock cats? Curious minds want to know!
Scott
Old 1/1/07, 07:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
How would you rate the difference in volume between the bassani x and the o/r H?
Well the difference in volume between the Bassani X with cats compared to the o/r H is night and day at idle and WOT; not hugely different when cruising.

The difference between the Bassani with NO cats in place compared to the o/r H is not that different in volume, but it is different in tone. The X has more rasp to it where as the H, especially at idle, just sounds low and mean......
Old 1/1/07, 07:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

We have another convert to the Borla's!!!!!! You can answer a question that I have and am going to find out for myself in the next few weeks. "Do the Borlas have more or less drone with or without the stock cats? Curious minds want to know!
Scott

Yeah, but I kinda miss the Corsas.... they had alot of pros and very few cons.

About your question, I never ran the Borlas with the stock catted H- I can tell you that with the Bassani catted X they had very little drone right around 2000rpm. But it didn't bother me at all.

Now with the offroad H, the drone is more pronounced right at 1900rpm. I don't think that it's necessarily worse than before but it is louder and I think that's just because the whole system is louder. With my manual trans and 4.10 gears, the drone is right around 50 mph. If I had to cruise at that constant speed, I probably wouldn't like it that much and I know it would drive my wife crazy. It is a really small window- I'd say honestly the drone is from 1850 to 2000 rpm- very manageable. Your car is a 'vert though too Scott, so it may be a completely different story for you.

Otherwise, I love how they sound with no cats- although it is pretty darn loud at WOT and very noticeable at idle.
Old 1/1/07, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, but I kinda miss the Corsas.... they had alot of pros and very few cons.

About your question, I never ran the Borlas with the stock catted H- I can tell you that with the Bassani catted X they had very little drone right around 2000rpm. But it didn't bother me at all.

Now with the offroad H, the drone is more pronounced right at 1900rpm. I don't think that it's necessarily worse than before but it is louder and I think that's just because the whole system is louder. With my manual trans and 4.10 gears, the drone is right around 50 mph. If I had to cruise at that constant speed, I probably wouldn't like it that much and I know it would drive my wife crazy. It is a really small window- I'd say honestly the drone is from 1850 to 2000 rpm- very manageable. Your car is a 'vert though too Scott, so it may be a completely different story for you.

Otherwise, I love how they sound with no cats- although it is pretty darn loud at WOT and very noticeable at idle.

You are correct about one thing. I truely believe that the drone is worse in a Vert that a Coupe. This is due to the convertible top well being an extension of the trunk. I can't wait to get the offroad legs installed so I can answer this question for myself and stop asking everyone elses opinion. I am hoping that the Mac Prochamber will knock some of the drone down. It definitely has reduced the drone some by itself and also lowered the general tone of the car. Should know in a few days.
Scott
Old 1/6/07, 01:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ooooh! No! I may have screwed up. Just finished up getting the off road legs to my Mac Prochamber installed and man it is mean sounding but it is
LOUD!!!, Car is still up on the ramps and I have not driven it yet but my first impressions are the old lady is just gonna poop her pants about this mod. Maybe I can just push it out of the driveway in the morning about a 1/4 mile before I start it. Need to get it down off the ramps, take a vid of the final install and take her for a ride. Oh Boy...
Scott
Old 1/6/07, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Huh? I can't hear you.........

Maybe it won't be as bad as you think- try just cruisin' down the hiway with the windows up and the stereo on very slightly- you can pull it off with her, I'm sure.
Old 1/6/07, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Okay guys... I have just put the offroad pipes on my car that already has the Mac Prochamber and the cat back Borla Stingers. Like alot of you, I have been looking for the perfect exhaust for our stangs. Time will only tell if I have really found it. I have only driven the car about 2 miles but my impression is this is a very, very loud combination. It may grow on me but it is really loud inside the car. I have a Vert so maybe it is louder for me than you guys with the coupes. I am trying to attach 2 vids without much luck. The first is the stock cats with the Mac Prochamber and catback Borla Stingers and the second one is the same without the stock cats. This last combo is definitely alot meaner sounding at idle and part throttle. At WOT I am not sure it sounds alot different. Time will tell if this is the combo I am looking for. I cannot seem to post the vids. I will need to ask someone like Tom281 to assist me with the vid post. Come in Tom281.
Scott
Old 1/6/07, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott- do you got your vids on your computer? If so,

Go to www.photobucket.com and register. Upload your vids and/or pix there. Once you do that, you only will need to cut and paste the IMG code address onto your posts. Check out my exhaust link in my signature, you'll get an idea of what I mean.

It only takes a minute to register and upload, then you'll be kickin' butt.
Old 1/6/07, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott- do you got your vids on your computer? If so,

Go to www.photobucket.com and register. Upload your vids and/or pix there. Once you do that, you only will need to cut and paste the IMG code address onto your posts. Check out my exhaust link in my signature, you'll get an idea of what I mean.

It only takes a minute to register and upload, then you'll be kickin' butt.

Thanks Tom...I will give it my best.
Scott

Quick Reply: Stingers + Prochamber?