GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stingers + Prochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/06, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stingers + Prochamber?

Anyone ever heard this setup or ran it? Can i get highflow cats with the prochamber?
Old 11/5/06, 06:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007redgt
Anyone ever heard this setup or ran it? Can i get highflow cats with the prochamber?
I have it and it is one of the best sounding systems in my opioion. I have it without cat's, it sound's like a race car!. Yes, you can get a catted prochamber. Go to macperformance.com.
Old 11/5/06, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

clips?! I forgot u went O/R.
Old 11/5/06, 06:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

At your request! They're all pretty much the same.

Old 11/6/06, 01:34 AM

Thats awesome. I didn't think anyone would actually have it. Did you have the stingers b4 getting the PC? If so did the PC cause more drone? Less? Same? Got any videos of WOT with this setup? It sounded pretty BA in those vids.
Old 11/6/06, 08:13 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Thats awesome. I didn't think anyone would actually have it. Did you have the stingers b4 getting the PC? If so did the PC cause more drone? Less? Same? Got any videos of WOT with this setup? It sounded pretty BA in those vids.
Than k's, I had the prochamber before the stingers, so I don't really know about the before and after drone. I have noticed that since I took off my cat's there is barely any drone, drone has never bothered me though. I don't have a wot vid but it sound's like a bat out of hell!
Old 11/6/06, 12:30 PM

How did it sound with the stock muffs?
Old 11/6/06, 01:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

How did it sound with the stock muffs?
I first had flow's, then slp, then prochamber to stock cat's, then stingers, then took off my cat's.
Old 11/6/06, 10:53 PM
Cobra Member

WOW....Im really tempted to pull the trigger on the O/R PC that sounded awesome! I really wished you woulda gone WOT past the camera though..
Old 11/7/06, 07:49 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
WOW....Im really tempted to pull the trigger on the O/R PC that sounded awesome! I really wished you woulda gone WOT past the camera though..
I tried a couple of times but my camera wouldn't pick up the sound ( it's a little digital camera) , it got really distored.At WOT it turn's into race car mode, evry time I drive since I put the off road pipes on I have a constant grin on my face I am in absolute love. Here is a short vid where I go WOT at the very end. You can get a slight idea. Sorry my f'iance doesn't know how to record

Old 11/7/06, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

How would you rate the loudness of the sytem? How did it compare to your SLPs?
Old 11/7/06, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
I tried a couple of times but my camera wouldn't pick up the sound ( it's a little digital camera) , it got really distored.At WOT it turn's into race car mode, evry time I drive since I put the off road pipes on I have a constant grin on my face I am in absolute love. Here is a short vid where I go WOT at the very end. You can get a slight idea. Sorry my f'iance doesn't know how to record
That sounded GREAT!
Old 11/7/06, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt

I have been very interested in the Mac prochamber for a while. I am runnning the Borla Catback system with stock cats and H-pipe. Can you describe the difference between running the pc with the cats and without.
Thanks Scott

P.S. Who out there has the best price at present on the offroad Mac Prochamber?
Old 11/7/06, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just wanted to get an answer to a question. I went on Mac's website. They offer Long Tube headers, and a 2.5" Prochamber w/cats to hook up to these headers. Are those LT's with the cat'd prochamber still emission passible? The prochamer I am talking about isn't the o/f version. Thanks for the help.
Old 11/7/06, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

Umm I would guess that you would pass the emissions testing part, but not the visual inspection...I really think it depends on your area though
Old 11/7/06, 07:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
How would you rate the loudness of the sytem? How did it compare to your SLPs?
Let me go back to the slp day's , on a 1-10 scale I would say slp's 7 offroad pipes 9. With the stock prochamber and stingers the sound about doubled with the new pipes. I don't know if you have seen the stock cat's but they are huge. They look like another set of mufflers, I couldn't believe how big they were.
Old 11/7/06, 07:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I have been very interested in the Mac prochamber for a while. I am runnning the Borla Catback system with stock cats and H-pipe. Can you describe the difference between running the pc with the cats and without.
Thanks Scott

P.S. Who out there has the best price at present on the offroad Mac Prochamber?
I don't know if you knew but I had the direct fit prochamber that was behind the stock cat's. There wasn't too much of a difference between the stock h and the prochamber, it was a little bit deeper and smoother. It has almost the same sound as the stock prochamber but just twice as loud. A really deep, THROATY, aggressive, rich sound. It also has a really deep smooth idle which I love. On decel it has a nice burble. I remember as a kid going up to the ice cream truck and it had that distinct smell. I get a little wiff of that when I let her warm up in the garage, love that smell
Old 11/8/06, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

2205sonicgt - That setup sounds really good! I couldn't afford Borla's so I got Flowmaster American Thunders instead. I noticed you said you used to have some. Did you have the prochamber on as well at that time? If so, how did it sound with the flows?
Old 11/8/06, 08:10 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by TorchRedV6
2205sonicgt - That setup sounds really good! I couldn't afford Borla's so I got Flowmaster American Thunders instead. I noticed you said you used to have some. Did you have the prochamber on as well at that time? If so, how did it sound with the flows?
Thank's,you could have went with the frpp / borla stingers, I got mine for $395 shipped. Sorry, I had the flow's with the stock mid -pipe.
Old 11/8/06, 11:49 PM

Wish i could find the borlas for 395.00, lol

Quick Reply: Stingers + Prochamber?