GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stingers + Prochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/06, 09:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's awesome 70mach1, it will get a little louder and deeper as time goes on. You should give it like two week's and if you are not satisfied with the sound, order some high-flow cat's. I think you will achieve the sound you are looking for with some high-flow cat's. Don't really expect any major differences with just the mid-pipe because all you will really notice is a different sound, it won't get too much louder.You have to mess with the cat's to notice any major differences. Your walking now it's time to start running
Old 11/23/06, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
That's awesome 70mach1, it will get a little louder and deeper as time goes on. You should give it like two week's and if you are not satisfied with the sound, order some high-flow cat's. I think you will achieve the sound you are looking for with some high-flow cat's. Don't really expect any major differences with just the mid-pipe because all you will really notice is a different sound, it won't get too much louder.You have to mess with the cat's to notice any major differences. Your walking now it's time to start running
Hey Adam,
After a few days with the Prochamber it seems to be getting a little louder. I can say that I think it sounds very much the same as the stock H pipe but it really has knocked down that annoying drone around 2000 rpm. My head doesn't feel like it is vibrating at 55 mph. I will let some more time past to see if I want to go with the off road pipes. How did you deal with the check engine light when removing the cats? Mil eliminators or tune off the rear O2 senors? Also, did you have Doug update your tune?
Scott
Old 11/23/06, 09:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Hey Scott,
Doug turn's the o2 sensors off on his tunes. I think I remember him saying he recently started doing that but I am not 100% sure. You should give him a call. You don't need mil eliminators just have the 02 sensors turned off by the tune. If you go the off-road route you will get the sound you want but IT WILL BE LOUD. I noticed yesterday while I was driving that I could keep them pretty quiet. When crusing in fourth at 2,000 rpm's I couldn't even hear it but when I punch it.........WOW, it really screams! With the off-road pipes it's kind of the opposite of adding a muffler. Mufflers start out quiet then get louder. The off road pipes started out super loud then mellow'd out as time went on, just something to think about in case you join the dark-side. You should just go for it dude, my favorite saying is " you only live once" . It took me a couple of different setup's to achieve "the sound" that I wanted and now I have it,I start my car up now and can't believe my ear's, it's like living a fantasy, no joke. All the complemants I get on my car have got my head freakn huge And hey, if it's too loud for you it's only $150....ebay...do it...do it
Adam
Old 11/23/06, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Just remember when you lose the cats, you gain the trumpeting. I've heard that the Borlas with an offroad pipe trumpet badly- I'm fixing to find out next week 'cause I just bought the complete Borla catback kit and I'm going to try it with my offroad H pipe. I bought the actual Borla kit with the over-axle pipes used for one year for less than $360 delivered; I figure if I don't like it as well as my Corsas I can sell it for what I paid for it easy.
Old 11/23/06, 11:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Honestly, I don't really get that much trumpeting. The only time I slightly notice it is when down shifting, but I like it. It's all smooth up shifting. It did trumpet a lot at first but it went away.
Old 11/23/06, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Just remember when you lose the cats, you gain the trumpeting. I've heard that the Borlas with an offroad pipe trumpet badly- I'm fixing to find out next week 'cause I just bought the complete Borla catback kit and I'm going to try it with my offroad H pipe. I bought the actual Borla kit with the over-axle pipes used for one year for less than $360 delivered; I figure if I don't like it as well as my Corsas I can sell it for what I paid for it easy.

I just wonder if the Prochamber helps with removing some of the trumpeting effect. It definitely smooths and mellows the tone of the exhaust note. It has lowered the tone also. Just got back from the parents house which is about a 40 mile highway trip. This is the first time my wife has been in the stang since I got the Prochamber. She actually thinks it is slightly louder than the stock H-pipe but also says it is less annoying because it lost some of its drone. Tom, while I believe you will love the sound of the Borlas I think you might not like the drone your going to get. Let us know.
Scott
Old 11/23/06, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
Hey Scott,
Doug turn's the o2 sensors off on his tunes. I think I remember him saying he recently started doing that but I am not 100% sure. You should give him a call. You don't need mil eliminators just have the 02 sensors turned off by the tune. If you go the off-road route you will get the sound you want but IT WILL BE LOUD. I noticed yesterday while I was driving that I could keep them pretty quiet. When crusing in fourth at 2,000 rpm's I couldn't even hear it but when I punch it.........WOW, it really screams! With the off-road pipes it's kind of the opposite of adding a muffler. Mufflers start out quiet then get louder. The off road pipes started out super loud then mellow'd out as time went on, just something to think about in case you join the dark-side. You should just go for it dude, my favorite saying is " you only live once" . It took me a couple of different setup's to achieve "the sound" that I wanted and now I have it,I start my car up now and can't believe my ear's, it's like living a fantasy, no joke. All the complemants I get on my car have got my head freakn huge And hey, if it's too loud for you it's only $150....ebay...do it...do it
Adam

I'll wait a few more weeks to see what I want to do. But I am leaning to the offroad pipes at this time. I am running Lidio's tune in my car and I am not sure if he turns off the rear O2 sensors in his tunes or not. I will have to give him a call. So Adam, I take it you did not update you tune after you removed the cats. I have seen opinions that go both ways.
Scott
Old 11/23/06, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I just wonder if the Prochamber helps with removing some of the trumpeting effect. It definitely smooths and mellows the tone of the exhaust note. It has lowered the tone also. Just got back from the parents house which is about a 40 mile highway trip. This is the first time my wife has been in the stang since I got the Prochamber. She actually thinks it is slightly louder than the stock H-pipe but also says it is less annoying because it lost some of its drone. Tom, while I believe you will love the sound of the Borlas I think you might not like the drone your going to get. Let us know.
Scott
I'm curious about the droning too...... I'm hoping the combination of my midpipe and my 4.10 gears will help keep it to a minimum. I've been ultra-spoiled with my Corsas for sure- NO DRONE!

I'll wait a few more weeks to see what I want to do. But I am leaning to the offroad pipes at this time. I am running Lidio's tune in my car and I am not sure if he turns off the rear O2 sensors in his tunes or not. I will have to give him a call. So Adam, I take it you did not update you tune after you removed the cats. I have seen opinions that go both ways.
Scott
FWIW, when I went catless I had Brenspeed email me my tune again, only this time with the rear sensors turned off. I will say that I drove catless for a couple of weeks with no CEL- then all of a sudden, it came on. Loaded the revised tune, and have had no problems since.
Old 12/18/06, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott

Okay guys... I am bumping this thread and looking for some helps from my TMS buds. You can read back thru this thread to get up to date but here is my issue. I installed the Mac Prochamber about 3 weeks ago and was going to wait until spring to see if I wanted to go with the off road legs. Well, I can't wait. I am running the stock cats with the Mac Prochamber and the catback Borla pipes and Stingers. While it does sound great. It is still not what I am looking for. IT IS NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!
So here's my issue. I need to buy only the offroad legs for the Mac Prochamber. I have sent 2 emails to Mac Performance where I bought the direct fit Prochamber but have had NO response. Where else can I get JUST the offroad legs??? Also, I still need to know if Lidio's @ AA tune turns off the rear O2 sensors. Just sent him an email tonite so I hope I will hear from him soon. Can anyone tell me where to get the offroad legs for the Prochamber? HELP GUYS!!!!
Scott
Old 12/18/06, 06:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Okay guys... I am bumping this thread and looking for some helps from my TMS buds. You can read back thru this thread to get up to date but here is my issue. I installed the Mac Prochamber about 3 weeks ago and was going to wait until spring to see if I wanted to go with the off road legs. Well, I can't wait. I am running the stock cats with the Mac Prochamber and the catback Borla pipes and Stingers. While it does sound great. It is still not what I am looking for. IT IS NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!
So here's my issue. I need to buy only the offroad legs for the Mac Prochamber. I have sent 2 emails to Mac Performance where I bought the direct fit Prochamber but have had NO response. Where else can I get JUST the offroad legs??? Also, I still need to know if Lidio's @ AA tune turns off the rear O2 sensors. Just sent him an email tonite so I hope I will hear from him soon. Can anyone tell me where to get the offroad legs for the Prochamber? HELP GUYS!!!!
Scott
No worry's Scott, I know this girl over there that hooked me up with my offroad leg's. I can give her a call tommorow. Or I can even drive over there, I only live like five minutes from macperformance. Have you tried calling them? I am thinking about getting some highflow cat's for my prochamber but I had a question. I had my uncle weld the offroad leg's on. Can they still be used if taken off. I they can i'll just sell them to you and get some cat's.
Old 12/19/06, 12:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
No worry's Scott, I know this girl over there that hooked me up with my offroad leg's. I can give her a call tommorow. Or I can even drive over there, I only live like five minutes from macperformance. Have you tried calling them? I am thinking about getting some highflow cat's for my prochamber but I had a question. I had my uncle weld the offroad leg's on. Can they still be used if taken off. I they can i'll just sell them to you and get some cat's.
Hi Adam,
Yeah, I did call them this evening and talked to a guy named Will. He said he also could not find a separate part # or pricing for just the off road legs either. He said he needed to do some checking and get back to me. I am sure I can get them from them but it is just not normal for them to be sold separately. I just need to be patient. I will let you know how it turns out. You have really got me curious now. Why do you want to go back to cats? Is there something you now don't like about the offroad setup?
Scott
Old 12/19/06, 08:25 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I absloutely love the offroad setup..........but at times it is a little loud. When it's just me crusing around town I love how loud it is and I like showing people up. When it's me and my f'iance and my little ?neice? it can be a little loud. They don't say anything about it but I know it's too loud for them sometimes.I was thinkin when I have to get emmission's tested in 2011 I will put some highflow cat's on it. I hope cat's don't make it too quiet for me though.
Old 12/19/06, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I absloutely love the offroad setup..........but at times it is a little loud. When it's just me crusing around town I love how loud it is and I like showing people up. When it's me and my f'iance and my little ?neice? it can be a little loud. They don't say anything about it but I know it's too loud for them sometimes.I was thinkin when I have to get emmission's tested in 2011 I will put some highflow cat's on it. I hope cat's don't make it too quiet for me though.
Uhmmmm.... You are scaring me when you talk about how loud it is with the offroad pipes. I guess there is only one way to find out. I can always switch it back to the stock cats if it is crazy loud. My wife already hates riding with me as it is. She thinks I'm nuts for wanting it a little louder. I will try it and see. Will from Macperformance has sent me an email and says they will sell me the offroad extensions for $140.00 plus shipping. That is $10 bucks cheaper than if I'd ordered them with the original Prochamber. Of course I still have to pay the additional shipping but the $10 bucks off will help even it out. Thanks for the offer to sell yours but if your uncle is a very good welder at all I bet you will have a tough time getting them apart without damage. I also talked to Lidio @ Alternative Automotive and see says he also turns of the rear O2 sensors in his tunes. So I won't have an issue there.
Scott
Old 12/19/06, 08:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I just got back from driving and I changed my mind, there is no way I will put cat's back on It's not that loud when you just crusing but when you hit it that's when it get's really loud. I caught myself in a drive thru tonight. I had just gotten my food and was about to drive away and turned the key's and the engine did nothing, I turned it like four times and nothing so I started freakin out. Then I gave it some gas and it was running the whole time So I guess it's not that loud, but that's what a long day's work does to you . Something else pretty funny. When I first pulled up to the drive-thru the girl in the window say's " so you have and exhaust on there" I go "yup" she goes, "I could tell because my boyfriend has an exhaust on his car" I go " what kind of car " she goes " a honda civic" I just was like "oh really" and started laughing. Sorry for the story's I just thought it was funny.
Old 12/19/06, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from driving and I changed my mind, there is no way I will put cat's back on It's not that loud when you just crusing but when you hit it that's when it get's really loud. I caught myself in a drive thru tonight. I had just gotten my food and was about to drive away and turned the key's and the engine did nothing, I turned it like four times and nothing so I started freakin out. Then I gave it some gas and it was running the whole time So I guess it's not that loud, but that's what a long day's work does to you . Something else pretty funny. When I first pulled up to the drive-thru the girl in the window say's " so you have and exhaust on there" I go "yup" she goes, "I could tell because my boyfriend has an exhaust on his car" I go " what kind of car " she goes " a honda civic" I just was like "oh really" and started laughing. Sorry for the story's I just thought it was funny.
hahah nice
Old 12/19/06, 09:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

That's cool Scott, if you like to hear the exhaust your gonna love the offroad. When you first put it on it will seem crazy loud, but mine toned down and smoothed out a bit after like two day's, just something to keep in mind.
Old 12/21/06, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's cool Scott, if you like to hear the exhaust your gonna love the offroad. When you first put it on it will seem crazy loud, but mine toned down and smoothed out a bit after like two day's, just something to keep in mind.

Will from Macperformance called tonite and said they were shipping my offroad extensions for the prochamber today. With Xmas it will be the end of next week before I see them but I can only guess what I will be doing on News Years Day!!
Scott
Old 12/21/06, 05:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

right on dude
Old 12/21/06, 06:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Will from Macperformance called tonite and said they were shipping my offroad extensions for the prochamber today. With Xmas it will be the end of next week before I see them but I can only guess what I will be doing on News Years Day!!
Scott

You're gonna crap your pants the first time you fire it up...... I would love to be there to see it!! The difference between cats and no cats is like the difference between......... well, I can't say it here but the difference is big! Good luck Scott, I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.
Old 12/21/06, 06:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
You're gonna crap your pants the first time you fire it up...... I would love to be there to see it!! The difference between cats and no cats is like the difference between......... well, I can't say it here but the difference is big! Good luck Scott, I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.
Ooohh hell. Better make sure the wife ain't around.

Quick Reply: Stingers + Prochamber?