Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007redgt
Wish i could find the borlas for 395.00, lol
I got mine from johnbleakleyford.com
Old 11/9/06, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
I don't know if you knew but I had the direct fit prochamber that was behind the stock cat's. There wasn't too much of a difference between the stock h and the prochamber, it was a little bit deeper and smoother. It has almost the same sound as the stock prochamber but just twice as loud. A really deep, THROATY, aggressive, rich sound. It also has a really deep smooth idle which I love. On decel it has a nice burble. I remember as a kid going up to the ice cream truck and it had that distinct smell. I get a little wiff of that when I let her warm up in the garage, love that smell

Hey 2005Sonicgt,
So let me make sure I understand you correctly. The Mac Prochamber with the stock cats did not make much difference in the sound of your car. But after you removed the stock cats and went offroad that is when your car really came to life? Don't let me put words in your mouth. I'm ready to do this mod, just trying to understand. Where did you buy your prochamber and how much? This is the cheapest I have found to date.
http://www.partshopper.com/shop/MAC-...6-GT-m123.html
Thanks Scott
Old 11/9/06, 04:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey 2005Sonicgt,
So let me make sure I understand you correctly. The Mac Prochamber with the stock cats did not make much difference in the sound of your car. But after you removed the stock cats and went offroad that is when your car really came to life? Don't let me put words in your mouth. I'm ready to do this mod, just trying to understand. Where did you buy your prochamber and how much? This is the cheapest I have found to date.
http://www.partshopper.com/shop/MAC-...6-GT-m123.html
Thanks Scott
Scott, that is it exactly "came to life" . As far as where to get it you need to be here http://macperformance.com/store/cate...ategory_ID=938. The link you showed had a picture of the direct fit prochamber to the stock cat's ( picture 1). You want the off-road version with the long off road leg's (picture 2).

Old 11/9/06, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, that is it exactly "came to life" . As far as where to get it you need to be here http://macperformance.com/store/cate...ategory_ID=938. The link you showed had a picture of the direct fit prochamber to the stock cat's ( picture 1). You want the off-road version with the long off road leg's (picture 2).

Thanks for the quick reply. I fully understand.
Old 11/9/06, 05:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Your welcome. If you do get the offroad version don't be too alarmed if it's like crazy loud when you first start up, mine was pretty loud at first but it got a little quieter after a few day's. I love it loud though. As far as loudness what are you looking for?
Old 11/9/06, 07:08 PM
JGT
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some clips of my catted Mac Prochamber with Borla Stingers.

A lot of them are similar, but I think there are some slight differences, I figured I'd put up everything I had.

Going to be switching out the Borla with my Bassani and take more videos for a comparison.

http://media.putfile.com/GT1

http://media.putfile.com/GT2-59

http://media.putfile.com/GT3-66

http://media.putfile.com/GT4-85

http://media.putfile.com/GT5

http://media.putfile.com/GT6

http://media.putfile.com/GT-74
Old 11/10/06, 04:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Your welcome. If you do get the offroad version don't be too alarmed if it's like crazy loud when you first start up, mine was pretty loud at first but it got a little quieter after a few day's. I love it loud though. As far as loudness what are you looking for?
This is what I am have trouble deciding. I love the sound of my Borla's catback system with the stock cats in place. I was hoping just adding the Prochamber only with my cats would give me the sound I am looking for. I really don't want CRAZY LOUD. Also, I have a Vert and I think it is aready louder inside the car than a coupe might be. I just looking to lower the tone of the car a bit and make it a little louder at idle.
Scott
Old 11/10/06, 07:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JGT
Here are some clips of my catted Mac Prochamber with Borla Stingers.
Thanks for posting. I've been wondering what the mac catted prochamber would sound like with my Borlas

When you put the prochamber on, did it help with the drone? Is it louder with the hi-flow cats and prochamber?
Old 11/10/06, 08:02 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

This is what I am have trouble deciding. I love the sound of my Borla's catback system with the stock cats in place. I was hoping just adding the Prochamber only with my cats would give me the sound I am looking for. I really don't want CRAZY LOUD. Also, I have a Vert and I think it is aready louder inside the car than a coupe might be. I just looking to lower the tone of the car a bit and make it a little louder at idle.
Scott
I would say just get the direct fit prochamber to the stock cat's and see how you like that. It definently made my exhaust deeper but not that much louder, and if you want more you could alway's get high-flow cat's or go all out and take the cat's of ( that's what I love about the prochamber is that it's so versatile) . From what you've said so far as to not wanting it crazy loud getting a high-flow catted prochamber sound's like it would be perfect for you IMO
Old 11/10/06, 04:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I would say just get the direct fit prochamber to the stock cat's and see how you like that. It definently made my exhaust deeper but not that much louder, and if you want more you could alway's get high-flow cat's or go all out and take the cat's of ( that's what I love about the prochamber is that it's so versatile) . From what you've said so far as to not wanting it crazy loud getting a high-flow catted prochamber sound's like it would be perfect for you IMO

Just ordered the direct fit Prochamber from Mac. I truely believe this is the best option for me, at least to start with. I can always go offroad later. It is nice Mac gives you options or baby steps. It will take a week to get it from California. I will post my opinion after install.
Scott
Old 11/10/06, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

anyone put the prochamber to SLPs? I'm thinkin that would be crazy loud.... I love my SLPs but at higher RPM's I've started to notic a zinging sound (CATs I'm guesing). I would love to go with the prochamber or some other form of OR H pipe but I'm worried about warranty issues. I already take my CAI off when I need service. What are you guys experiences at the dealers with the OR H?
Old 11/10/06, 06:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Just ordered the direct fit Prochamber from Mac. I truely believe this is the best option for me, at least to start with. I can always go offroad later. It is nice Mac gives you options or baby steps. It will take a week to get it from California. I will post my opinion after install.
Scott
That's great, it will get a little louder and deeper as time goes on, kind of like an axle-back
Old 11/10/06, 06:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
anyone put the prochamber to SLPs? I'm thinkin that would be crazy loud.... I love my SLPs but at higher RPM's I've started to notic a zinging sound (CATs I'm guesing). I would love to go with the prochamber or some other form of OR H pipe but I'm worried about warranty issues. I already take my CAI off when I need service. What are you guys experiences at the dealers with the OR H?
I had the slp's before my stingers. Here's a short vid of them with a direct fit prochamber to stock cat's.

I wonder how the slp's would sound with an off-road prochamber
Old 11/15/06, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Come on, Come on. It's in St Louis and scheduled for Friday delivery. Guess what I will be doning this weekend.
Scott
Old 11/15/06, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Keep us posted!
Old 11/18/06, 02:49 AM

Did you notice any SOTP gains?
Old 11/19/06, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey 2005Sonic GT,
Well, I received my direct fit Mac Prochamber on Friday. But it is 35 degrees here today and spitting a rain/snow combo. I'm to old to lay on a cold garage floor any more. Can't move the next day. I think I will just take it to the local muffler shop on Monday and get it up on a lift. I'm curious if this prochamber is a pure bolt on or do I have to cut the stock H-pipe to install. It came with no instructions and I have not been under the car yet.
Scott
Old 11/20/06, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I am now able to answer a few of my own questions about the Direct Fit Mac Prochamber. I had a local muffler shop install it today and here is my first impressions with less than 10 miles on it. First off... you do have to cut the stock H-pipe to install. No big deal. I am still running my stock cats with Borla Stingers. I believe it is slightly quietier with the prochamber than the stock H- pipe. But here is the biggest surprise. We all know how bad the Borla's drone at 1800 rpm. Well, it is definitely much reduced. I will let it burn in for a few weeks to see if it gets any louder. The prochamber takes out alot of the harshness of the H-pipe but I was looking for meaner and lower pitched. I got quieter and less drone. O'well I can always get rid of the stock cats with the off road pipes and light it up again. Time will tell.
Scott
Old 11/20/06, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Your the 2nd person that I know that has said installing the prochamber was quieter than running an H pipe....... that's kinda weird.
Old 11/20/06, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Your the 2nd person that I know that has said installing the prochamber was quieter than running an H pipe....... that's kinda weird.
Yeah... pay your money and take your chances. I don't want to say I am unhappy with the results (YET). I will let it burn in awhile and see what happens. I wasn't expecting it to get quieter, just lower pitched and meaner sounding. Sitting here tonight with less than 10 miles on it I can say I am very happy that some of the drone is gone but... not happy it got quieter.
Scott

Quick Reply: Stingers + Prochamber?