GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stingers + Prochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/07, 05:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
I'm only 18 and I would rather not have anything else to pay off, other then the car. I have about $4grand left to go and my parents are going to help me with some.

Im just trying to figure out what I want most...Wheels/Tires, Suspension, or Exhaust/Power?

Edit: Oh and YEA Thats me in my Avatar...
Hey Matt-

I'll help you spend your cash, no problem man! LOL!

Gears, midpipe, tires, spring/shocks/struts..... in that order!
Old 1/10/07, 05:35 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm only 18 and I would rather not have anything else to pay off, other then the car. I have about $4grand left to go and my parents are going to help me with some.

Im just trying to figure out what I want most...Wheels/Tires, Suspension, or Exhaust/Power?

Edit: Oh and YEA Thats me in my Avatar...
I just turned 21. Your only 18 and look like that............. BS, your a chick?
Old 1/10/07, 05:37 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I'm lost here, Matt doesn't sound like a chick name???
Old 1/10/07, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Can anyone help me? As I have posted I do NOT like the off road Mac Prochamber with the Borla Stingers. It is WAY to much for me. I am thinking about trying the stock muffs back on the weekend and evenually getting a set of Ford Racing Supreme Axle Backs (M-5230-GTA) to try with the off road set up. I know last nite I found a vid that showed a before and after vid with sound of the stock muffs and than the supremes. I have searched high and low and can't find that vid again.
HELP!!!!
Scott
In case you wanna know what the stock mufflers sound like with an o/r prochamber, I stumbled onto this while looking for a soundclip im looking for.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qAsl4TC2nrI
Old 1/11/07, 06:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 69_gt500
In case you wanna know what the stock mufflers sound like with an o/r prochamber, I stumbled onto this while looking for a soundclip im looking for.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qAsl4TC2nrI

Hey great find. Thank you. I like that sound alot. It is alot more aggressive sounding then I would have thought it might be. The weather is suppose to be around 50 degrees here today. I may try to get the stock muffs back on tonight . The real test will be to see if this setup will stay aggressive under power but get rid of that dreaded drone. I will post a vid and my opinion. Thanks again!!!!!!!!
Scott
Old 1/11/07, 10:09 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I still seemed pretty loud to me Scott, time will tell?

Adam
Old 1/11/07, 12:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
I just turned 21. Your only 18 and look like that............. BS, your a chick?
I'm lost here, Matt doesn't sound like a chick name???
LOL Sarcasm...I just joking about that being me in my Avatar

www.myspace.com/matthew1111111111111111
Old 1/11/07, 12:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

LOL Sarcasm...I just joking about that being me in my Avatar

www.myspace.com/matthew1111111111111111
Dude, I was about to say dam your pretty hot, I wanna see some more pics
Old 1/11/07, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey
Guys and Gals,
I have finished my next phase of my exhaust trials. Below are 3 vids.
#1 is stock cats, Mac Prochamber, Borla Stingers
#2 is offroad Mac Prochamber , Borla Stingers
#3 is offroad Mac Prochamber,with stock mufflers

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...stock_cats.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t_the_cats.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...ckmufflers.flv

I believe I am headed back in the right direction with my search for the perfect exhaust for these cars. Let me define what "perfect" is to me. Perfect is an aggressive sounding exhaust to everyone on the outside of the car without driving the guy on the inside looney. The Borla's with stock H-pipe are awesome but drone like a bit@h! Add a Mac Prochamber with the stock cats and you lower the tone even more and **** starts vibrating. Remove the stock cats with the Prochamber and it is just plain loud and annoying, both inside and outside the car. Now add the stock mufflers to the offroad MacProchamber and your headed back in the right direction. While it is still alittle on the tame side... it idles great... wot is not bad... but get this ... absolutely no drone or resonance in the 1800-2100 rpm range. My next level is to buy the Ford Racing Supremes and go with the offroad Prochamber and I think I will have found my perfect exhaust for these cars. If it works out the way I hope the Borla's Stingers will go up for sale. Hope this helps some of you guys trying to decide what to buy.
Scott

Old 1/11/07, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey
Guys and Gals,
I have finished my next phase of my exhaust trials. Below are 3 vids.
#1 is stock cats, Mac Prochamber, Borla Stingers
#2 is offroad Mac Prochamber , Borla Stingers
#3 is offroad Mac Prochamber,with stock mufflers

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...stock_cats.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t_the_cats.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...ckmufflers.flv

I believe I am headed back in the right direction with my search for the perfect exhaust for these cars. Let me define what "perfect" is to me. Perfect is an aggressive sounding exhaust to everyone on the outside of the car without driving the guy on the inside looney. The Borla's with stock H-pipe are awesome but drone like a bit@h! Add a Mac Prochamber with the stock cats and you lower the tone even more and **** starts vibrating. Remove the stock cats with the Prochamber and it is just plain loud and annoying, both inside and outside the car. Now add the stock mufflers to the offroad MacProchamber and your headed back in the right direction. While it is still alittle on the tame side... it idles great... wot is not bad... but get this ... absolutely no drone or resonance in the 1800-2100 rpm range. My next level is to buy the Ford Racing Supremes and go with the offroad Prochamber and I think I will have found my perfect exhaust for these cars. If it works out the way I hope the Borla's Stingers will go up for sale. Hope this helps some of you guys trying to decide what to buy.
Scott

IMO, it does seem a little on the tame side, but i think the supremes will really wake it up. It will probably sound like a mix between the stingers, and the stock mufflers.
Old 1/11/07, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

"Oh hell.." HAHA

But good write-up! Im toying with the idea of Mac LTs and HiFlo Prochamber...Hmm
Old 1/11/07, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Dude, I was about to say dam your pretty hot, I wanna see some more pics
At first I thought you were just messin around, like you got my joke/sarcasm and were just playing along...But then I re-read your posts and realized you were being serious haha
Old 1/11/07, 06:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

"Oh hell.." HAHA

But good write-up! Im toying with the idea of Mac LTs and HiFlo Prochamber...Hmm
That setup would be amazing
Old 1/11/07, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott-

No cats, prochamber, and stock muffs sound pretty good! If you're considering trying out the Borla GTAs, you may also consider trying out the Magnaflows too. You know you'll be able to sell your Borla stingers easy, as they are very popular so if you do decide to try something different, take that into consideration.

On a related note, if you keep the cats off for a couple weeks or so, you'll need to have the rear oxygen sensors turned off or add MIL eliminators.

Tom
Old 1/11/07, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

That setup would be amazing
Yea but Ive heard a couple bad things about Mac???
Old 1/11/07, 08:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yea but Ive heard a couple bad things about Mac???
What did you hear???
Old 1/11/07, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

What did you hear???
That they broke down, like the ceramic coating they used wasn't good enough? Can anyone confirm?
Old 1/12/07, 04:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Scott-

No cats, prochamber, and stock muffs sound pretty good! If you're considering trying out the Borla GTAs, you may also consider trying out the Magnaflows too. You know you'll be able to sell your Borla stingers easy, as they are very popular so if you do decide to try something different, take that into consideration.

On a related note, if you keep the cats off for a couple weeks or so, you'll need to have the rear oxygen sensors turned off or add MIL eliminators.

Tom

Hey Tom,
I'm liking this set up better all the time. Drove the car to work this morning and drove about 10 miles @ 55-60 mph and not a hint of drone.
But at idle they sound good. Under power they sound even better. Best of all I think the wife might get back in the car with me. I have made up my mind that I am going with the Ford Racing Supremes. They are the next step up from the stockers but with no drone. The Borla's Stingers are going up for sale. I am going to start cleaning them up tonite. So I can start taking bids in a couple days. Hint... Hint. Also, I called Lidio a couple of weeks ago and my rear O2 sensors are already off. So I am good to go there.
Scott
Old 1/12/07, 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Excellent Scott, good for you! Too bad I just bought my Borlas last month; I would've just drove down and bought'em from you instead. I'm sure they'll sell fast. Good luck!

Tom
Old 1/12/07, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Is Ninosport still the best place to get the Ford Racing Supreme Axle Backs? I think they are like $279.00 shipped. I also think there is another 7% discount if ordered by 1/21/07. That would make them $259.00 shipped. Hard to beat that price. Anyone know?
Scott

Quick Reply: Stingers + Prochamber?