GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda - Performance Tune That Adapts

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/08 | 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
Is there some way we can get this information without having to set up another login account?

BB
Semper Fi
Here is a copy and paste from that post.

So I had the Company Q500 at Moroso for some passes with the new Adaptive Performance Calibration. This thing is Amazing! http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_ne...alibration.php

So with the Calibration and a Bolt-on Whipple kit, High flow X pipe and a cat back system the Beast went 119.34mph in the Quarter . That’s with NO DYNO TUNING!!! Just Bolt on the Blower and Go!! I was blown away that a car that drives like stock with 3.55 gears was able to do that. I was on 18" Nitto R-II's and I left the air at the road race friendly 35psi. Full road race swaybars, shocks and struts on the car too. We were also testing the New Watts link system in the rear of the car which seemed to work great as I was still able to manage a 1.78 sixty foots with the "non-drag" setup.

Needless to say I was impressed that a car with a full 3year/36,000 mile warrantee could pull off a 11.87 @ 119.34mph with completely the wrong suspension set-up!
Old 5/19/08 | 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

And my favorite quote from that post:

"Best part about the 119mph Blast, was the fact I leaned on the brakes after the 1/4 and ripped a left hander down the first turn off. Its an all purpose car."

For those who have never been at Moroso, the first turn after the finish line is only a few hundred feet past it. You gotta have serious brakes to make that turn.
Old 5/22/08 | 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I think I'm going to keep my comments out of this one.

CR
Isn't that a comment?

Mike E
Old 6/5/08 | 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I've been thinking about this and that is always dangerous. I've still got a few questions.

1. If we send our PCM in and get this tune and later have our car serviced by Ford, what protects us from somebody at the dealership reflashing the PCM with a stock tune upgrade?

2. Though it was mentioned earlier in the thread that this tune will take care of throttle lag, there was no mention on whether it would cure the dreaded 8 second throttle step down on deceleration. Inquiring minds want to know?

BB
Semper Fi
Old 10/10/08 | 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

So all the buzz about this seems to have died down. Did anyone get this tune to replace another "standard" tune and do some before/after dyno testing?

I'm still sitting on the fence and need more data!!!!
Old 10/11/08 | 02:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi RRRoamer:

Go back and re-read post 31 of this thread, Steedagus said that this will work with different Cold Airs (I'm curious as to how long it will take for that statement to get edited out). Unfortunately if you go to their web site and read through their own forums you will soon discover that this tune is only sold with their CAI. Reason is that it is CARB certified with their CAI, okay that's a good thing for California and New York residents but for the rest of us in the other 48 states it means we cannot choose our own CAI. Poor sales decision on their part probably based on the fact that they can maximize their profit by selling two items instead of one. I don't prescribe to that theory and have stated as such in other product threads. For the rest of us there are no rules in place that state that we have to comply with CARB or any such rules emanating from New York. If this truly was a technology sharing process with Ford then it should be CARB certified with at least the Bullitt CAI since that is where this (or another very similar) tune was introduced by Ford. I personally wanted the Bullitt CAI from Kevin with this tune but it looks like that won't happen.

I've only been on these forums for two years but I have noticed that the sponsors can be divided into two groups. The first group listen to their customers and adapt to their needs while the second group is fairly inflexible and have adapted the policy that they know what is best for the customer. In the grand scheme of things I wonder where Steeda will reside, I know what my vote will be and I can assure you that I won't be contributing to the economy of Ft. Liquordale any time soon.

BB
Semper Fi

Last edited by Centurion96; 10/11/08 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10/22/08 | 11:16 AM
V6 Member

Yeah, I would have considered buying this tune/flash tool however when I called and asked about it they told me I had to have their CAI and Charge Motion Delete Plates. Now for me I was planning on getting the plates anyway eventually but I am not going to replace my current CAI (JLT2) for this tune as it would cost me over$1000 just to get it. Then I would have to find someone who would want to buy my JLT2 in an attempt to soften the blow to the wallet.

I'm actually a little pissed because they were saying in this thread that it would recognize any CAI and would work....maybe I read that wrong who knows. Gus is this true? would I be able to buy this tune and use it with my JLT (eventhough it might not be CARB legal)? Can it be used without the plates?

What's the deal Gus?

Last edited by Camulos; 10/22/08 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10/22/08 | 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If we want an adaptive tune it looks like we'll have to see if we can get the Bullitt PCM from Ford. It will probably be cheaper in the long run than buying this tune due to all of the required attached Steeda droppings.

BB
Semper Fi