GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda CAI installed, running Steeda tune

Old 7/7/07, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda CAI installed, running Steeda tune

Got a Steeda CAI and Steeda SCT tune from the local Ford dealer that has a pretty competitive performance line (Steeda and Ford Racing at good prices) and got a great deal that I couldnt pass up, from my service guy that has taken really good care of me over the years.

The quality of the Steeda kit is very high, everything fits well, and has a very solid feel and I think it looks great.

Impressions are that it really wants to run now, throttle response is right now, second gear pull is very strong. didnt get it dynoed but you can tell the boost in power is there.

biggest surprise to me is how much racier sounding the car is overall. I have the flowmaster axleback and now the steeda CAI. the car sounds great now!

probably could have got a better "tune" from Tillman or Brenspeed, but I guess I can always buy the tune from them later and try that out. wanted to give some business to a guy that has been pretty good to me over the years.

Does anyone else on here just run the steeda 93 octane tune? what are your thoughts?

Overall very happy

Sam
Old 7/7/07, 09:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
I originally started out, with the canned SCT programmer w/Steeda 93 oct. tunes..Although the base SCT/Steeda tune files, were a noticable improvement over stock ? the hanging idles, along with the factory throttle lag, were still very annoying..However, once I upgraded to my bamachip's 93 oct. race tune ! my throttle response has been much improved, as though my car has an actual throttle cable, in which both the throttle lag and hanging idles, no longer exist..If you really want to feel you're car's throttle response, come to life ? I strongly recommend, that you consider upgrading to bamachip's..You definitely won't be disappointed..
Old 7/8/07, 05:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

thanks for the input, I will probably do that later on down the road!

Sam
Old 7/8/07, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steeda CAI w/ elbow and Bama 93 Race tunes, love it!