GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Should i be worryed about HP with Roush Super charger??

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/12, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should i be worryed about HP with Roush Super charger??

I currenly have an 08 GT with only 12,000 miles on it and have a Steeda CAI and the SCT wireless Bama tune. Ordered JBA long tube headers last week, should be in any day now, and plan on doing JBA O/R H-pipes with Borla Stinger cat backs, as well as FR throttle body and spacer, and under drive pully system, i plan on keep block and internals all stock, but i'm looking in the future after all those mods i psted are done to buy the Roush R2300 Supercharger Kit - Black (05-10 GT) which says will raise stock GT to 475 at flywheel which after drive tran lost will be right at 403.75 RWHP which is ok but will all my add ons bring the RWHP to a dangers level of 450+. Ive been doing a TON!!!! of research and ive read 450 is pretty safe for stock engine block and 525 is max rating, but i'm not sure if thats RWHP or to Flywheel hp either. Please help before i waste to much $$$$ haha.
Old 4/11/12, 07:20 PM

also just read up some more, the block can hold tons of HP its the internals that will go, now my question is i guess , how much would all new pistons and camshalf going to cost and instulation price bc i don't know if i can do it myself haha, i'm pretty smart when it comes to fixing stuff , i've always fixed my cars myself with help of course, but how hard is swapping pistons and camshalf really??
Old 4/12/12, 09:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
One of the most important things , is the tune. I've been running at 440 to 460 RWHP for about 50K now and it still runs like new. You need a wide-band A/F gauge so you can monitor it , mine drops down to around 11.2 at WOT which is a safe ratio ...
Old 4/12/12, 11:23 AM
V6 Member

I am having the roush tvs 2300 stage 2 installed on my 05 gt by jdm out of nj . I will be running stock internals and they said that my car would be tuned safe around 480 500 rwhp . The stock internals from everything I have read can handle a good amount of hp pretty safe. There doing a custom dyno tune as well. The only thing that I am doing is putting the gt 500 axle on it and an alluvium drive shaft . for everything it cost me about 11 k . Trust your stock internals and have some fun ..good luck man
Old 4/20/12, 09:03 PM

thxs for tips, i just didn't want to send a rod threw my block bc i was getting wild one day getting side ways in it ya know. 22,000 grand and unknown amounts of $$ will be spent just to blow an engine. I read about 525 is the max or safe max you wanna run on stock pistons and rods but i could be wrong.
Old 4/20/12, 09:05 PM

Also what is the range for running to rich or to lean like whats prefect and so on like number wise, with the wide band.
Old 4/21/12, 09:34 PM
V6 Member

I'm trying to learn the same thing . What gauges did u get ?
Old 4/23/12, 05:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
The most important gauge is the wide band A/F gauge, but I also have a set of scan gauges where I monitor boost , fuel pressure , inlet air temp and timing. When I go to WOT the A/F ratio drops right away to around 11.7 and then continues to drop to around 11.2 where it pegs at through the high RPM range. Most safe tunes will be running in the 11's and the actual values depend on how your tuner has it setup. Also , the actual values will vary with temperature , so on a cold day you'll you'll get more air and run a little leaner than on a hot day and produce more HP. If you see readings in the 12's , your running lean and you should contact your tuner , also don't go WOT until you do ...
Old 4/24/12, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have been looking at the Roush TVS for a while now... your about right with the number because everyone of the vendors have been saying keep it under 550flywheel

Brenspeed has the 520r tvs kit which I might be getting but again its a lot of money... and like everyone said its all in the tune plus they do it for automatics.

With my exhaust and brenspeeds 520r pack I should be making 535 flywheel hp.

Contact them they have great customer service and I will share whatever questions other places answered for me if I can find them.

Good luck
Old 4/26/12, 06:28 PM

Actually think i might turn my views to the FR whipple SC , just bc if i'm gonna go root style SC i wanna hear that baby SCREAM when i go WOT, also its FR so honestly what could possible fit better and run better than a part from ford. Down fall, its like 1600 more just for kit, i haven't decided if i was gonna try and put on myself or just suck it up and let StangHi (my big city main mustang shop, dyno place) install, so idk ending is gonna cost me around 10k i'm sure after tune and **** if you add it all up : (