GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Shiny New Toys

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/07, 07:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrow
So I'm going over to a friend's house today, and I'm sitting at a red light just idling (long stupid light). It's all quiet and I'm just sittin' there.

From down the road this red corvette comes hummin' down the road and comes rolling up beside me, waiting at the light. I look over and see it's another retiree fart who thinks that now that he has a vette he's gods gift to the highway...and of course he's not thinking about the Mustang beside him. Oh no. How dare I even be on the same street!

Light turns green and he drops it, nice squeal, corvette engine growling, and then I lay on the gas...

It's like a fuel-air bomb exploded! My 'Stang completely drowns his vette out, tires spinning, engine roaring, and foom! I'm off.

In the rear-view mirror I see mr. vette out of control, shimmying back into his lane.

Next light we stop. I'm all quiet, engine's purring softly. The guy in the vette rolls up his windows, and slowly, quietly turns off at the next turn.

Did I mention these pipes were awesome?

LOL good stuff. If they seema little loud to you now but you are ok with it...you will get used to it. I thought the same thing when I first test drove mine (had the Stingers on it already) and it's fine to me now. The FRPP X-Pipe is a nice addition to them as well and it won't increase the volume or add any drone at all, at least it didn't on mine. I have since when to a Hi-Flow catted X and it is about the same, maybe slightly louder but man did it ever wake the stingers up. Check out Tacobills exhaust comparison vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Pzr09JRPg

The O/R H-Pipe he put on makes the Stingers sound sick!
Old 9/24/07, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you like these... you will love some longtubes, I have the JBA LT's with these axlebacks and it sounds mean!!!