Shiny New Toys

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/07, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiny New Toys

Just came in today!

Shiny new FRPP (M-5230-5GT)

Got a pretty good price. They're listed at $529 but the dealer knocked them down to $480.

I'm going to get the FRPP x-pipe next, to go with it.

I've been wanting new axel-backs for a while, but couldn't make up my mind. Nothing to go on but hearsay, crappy YouTube camera mics, and prices. Finally I heard someone with the FRPP's and decided they were plenty good enough, especially for only $500.

Anyone else running these? I'll put them on this weekend. Anyone have any tips? It's very straight-forward, but I always welcome tips.

Can't wait to hear how they sound on my 'Stang.

Old 9/18/07, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

I am also running the frpp stingers. You will love the sound, although there is a little drone around 2000rpm in 5th, it still sounds badazz! Huge difference from stock, especially when at WOT. The installation was pretty straight forward (with the help of tacobills write-up VVVV), nothing that I had trouble with. Enjoy!
Old 9/18/07, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...15&postcount=1
Old 9/18/07, 03:59 PM
GT Member

I too am running the frpp stingers and the longer they are on the better they sound. Also sounds better if your running a cai and headers but that can come as budget allows. Enjoy your new exhaust!
Old 9/18/07, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I have a CAI (Granatelli), but after a recent problem with my car I had to take it off so that Ford could fix the issue with the throttle-body. Now I have to put it back on, and when I went to do so, I found a big hole in the filter where it was rubbing against the ABS hardlines. I hadn't cleaned the filter in over 9 months either and it was choked with bugs and dirt.

I've been looking everywhere for a replacement, but no one carries it. I've been to every Olympus, Autozone, and Orielly in northern VA, and no one has a matching K/N filter. It sucks. I guess I'm going to have to call up Granatelli and get a replacement from them. I was hoping for something faster...like...in my hands now...

Oh well.
Old 9/18/07, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Arrow
I've been looking everywhere for a replacement, but no one carries it. I've been to every Olympus, Autozone, and Orielly in northern VA, and no one has a matching K/N filter. It sucks. I guess I'm going to have to call up Granatelli and get a replacement from them. I was hoping for something faster...like...in my hands now...

Oh well.
Check SummitRacing.com... usually only 1 or 2 days max and it's at your door. I ordered a new air filter for my KB on Wednesday last week, and it arrived on Thursday.
Old 9/18/07, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think I'm just gonna put the tube back on, then wrap the open end with duct tape and flytrap ribbon. Nothing will get past!

Old 9/18/07, 09:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
U will love ur new exhaust!
Old 9/18/07, 09:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stingers are loud for sure, for sure.
Old 9/18/07, 09:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love mine too!!! Every time I start my car people turn and look, the sound is great!!!
Old 9/18/07, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

....Shiny new FRPP (M-5230-5GT).... They're listed at $529 but the dealer knocked them down to $480.

Just curious if these are the same. The site doesn't list part numbers:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=638
Old 9/18/07, 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Willie
Looks about the same.

I know I could probably have gotten them cheaper, but $480 ain't bad when you consider I got them direct from the dealer. Plus I didn't have to pay shipping because the guy stuck them in with another order and I just picked them up at the dealership.
Old 9/19/07, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Willie
....Shiny new FRPP (M-5230-5GT).... They're listed at $529 but the dealer knocked them down to $480.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=638

you could also try www.blueovalindustries.com, they are $429. This is the best price around. I found this price and called the nearest frpp dealer and they matched the price so i bought from them. Anyways, this is a great price
Old 9/19/07, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the exhaust, you'll love the sound, and it'll definitely turn a lot of heads.
Old 9/22/07, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, took me several hours, but I finally got them on. Mainly just because I went slow, and didn't have one of the tools I needed. Aligning them was a total pain in the rump. They're still not perfect, but I'll run them for a bit and then re-tighten everything.

But boy do they sound awesome!

They are LOUD and the rumble is incredible! Idle is fantastic, and just tapping the gas puts thunder in your ears! No YouTube video does even the remote amount of justice to what these sound like! They're so deep that the floor vibrates in low gear, and 'round about 55mph at 2000RPM the rumble of the engine really comes through!

Just incredible!

Only downside I've experienced so far is that they may be a little TOO loud. Had to crank my radio up a few notches higher than normal. I'm sure I'll get used to it (I thought the stock sound was loud when I first got my 'Stang).

I didn't take any pictures because frankly it's all been seen before. TacoBill has great pictures, and the view hasn't changed.

I didn't take any sound samples either, because I don't posses a microphone capable of capturing decent sound. All I have is a voicemic headset, and the microphone on my camera, neither of which handle bass very well, so they would have totally missed the heavy thunder of these stingers.

I turned a lot of heads on my cruise after putting them on!

Old 9/22/07, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Outstanding, I think you will come to truly enjoy them. I've had mine on for about 1800 miles now (5 months) and they sound better and better. There was a drone at about 1700 rpm's but I really don't hear it that much anymore. Probably just used to them and I think the exhausts are getting broken in.

I think they are the best sounding exhaust on the market (MHO) but thats purely one mans thoughts.

When I start the GT up in the morning I really like the purr of the exhaust.

Life is good with these FRPP exhaust!
Old 9/22/07, 10:18 PM

Reading this thread has me stoked! I just ordered my own set of FRPP Stingers on Friday. Now I sit and wait....
Old 9/23/07, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by UCFstang
Reading this thread has me stoked! I just ordered my own set of FRPP Stingers on Friday. Now I sit and wait....
You won't be disappointed I can assure you. Look forward to hearing your comments once you have them installed.
Old 9/23/07, 10:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrow
Well, took me several hours, but I finally got them on. Mainly just because I went slow, and didn't have one of the tools I needed. Aligning them was a total pain in the rump. They're still not perfect, but I'll run them for a bit and then re-tighten everything.

But boy do they sound awesome!

They are LOUD and the rumble is incredible! Idle is fantastic, and just tapping the gas puts thunder in your ears! No YouTube video does even the remote amount of justice to what these sound like! They're so deep that the floor vibrates in low gear, and 'round about 55mph at 2000RPM the rumble of the engine really comes through!

Just incredible!

Only downside I've experienced so far is that they may be a little TOO loud. Had to crank my radio up a few notches higher than normal. I'm sure I'll get used to it (I thought the stock sound was loud when I first got my 'Stang).

I didn't take any pictures because frankly it's all been seen before. TacoBill has great pictures, and the view hasn't changed.

I didn't take any sound samples either, because I don't posses a microphone capable of capturing decent sound. All I have is a voicemic headset, and the microphone on my camera, neither of which handle bass very well, so they would have totally missed the heavy thunder of these stingers.

I turned a lot of heads on my cruise after putting them on!

I knew you would love them!!
Old 9/23/07, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I'm going over to a friend's house today, and I'm sitting at a red light just idling (long stupid light). It's all quiet and I'm just sittin' there.

From down the road this red corvette comes hummin' down the road and comes rolling up beside me, waiting at the light. I look over and see it's another retiree fart who thinks that now that he has a vette he's gods gift to the highway...and of course he's not thinking about the Mustang beside him. Oh no. How dare I even be on the same street!

Light turns green and he drops it, nice squeal, corvette engine growling, and then I lay on the gas...

It's like a fuel-air bomb exploded! My 'Stang completely drowns his vette out, tires spinning, engine roaring, and foom! I'm off.

In the rear-view mirror I see mr. vette out of control, shimmying back into his lane.

Next light we stop. I'm all quiet, engine's purring softly. The guy in the vette rolls up his windows, and slowly, quietly turns off at the next turn.

Did I mention these pipes were awesome?

Quick Reply: Shiny New Toys