GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SCTx2 won't start up!:(

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/05, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I got my C&L intake/sctx2 from bamachips. installed the intake fine.. plug in the tuner and it doesn't turn on..phone troubleshooted with doug for a while..nothing worked..went over to a neighbor who has a ford and it didn't turn on either. it works when i plug it in my computer but that's it. something must be wrong with the cable or something. overall i'm very fustrated with my mods.I can't drive it cause doug said it would be way too lean.I'm not taking the intake out and putting the stock one back in. I'm just gonna borrow my girlfriends car I guess..I must be unlucky..yesterday mustangtuning sent me the wrong cdc lip..the V6 one instead of the ordered gt one and now this. I got to send 2 things back that I ordered in the last week. Doug is still great though..great customer service. Was on the phone with me forever trying to get this thing to fire up.he is gonna overnight ship me a new tuner monday and it should be here tuesday. Hopefully no more problems. well I just had to vent
Old 8/20/05, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes,

I'm truly sorry for the inconvience. If I could fly down and help I'd be all over it but either way I have you a new tuner that I will try on my own personal Ford vehicle to ensure it powers up and selects through the programming before I send it your way.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 8/20/05, 10:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

hey man ive been running my stang for about 2 weeks now with no tune and a C&L intake, TBS and SLP exhaust. light comes on and goes away. its def too lean but it still runs great and i feel performace gians withotu the tune as well. im getting the SCT2 from doug in a few days.
Old 8/21/05, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

UDATE!. I played with the prongs last night on the tuner and plugged it in and it fired up.. I got to say the 93torque tune is unbelievable! It's a totally different car..shifts are firm...tires chirp in gears..Great tune Doug! I recommend this tune from doug at bamachips for any of those with the auto which is what I have but for anybody with a GT. Great customer service from doug! I talked to him this morning and he is still gonna ship me out a new one next week since there is something finicky on this one I got. Thanks again doug for the great CS! Now got to get this thing out to the track!
Old 8/21/05, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You left out the most important part - no CEL or engine damage because it's lean!