GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Roush Supercharger for Automatics Update

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/06, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received an e-mail from Roush Performance today that states that they expect to release the ROUSHCHARGER for AUTOMATIC equipped GTs "by mid spring to summer time 2006." Roush Performance also told me this on the telephone earlier today. And, my local Ford dealer (who also is a Roush dealer and installs the Roush superchargers on customer's cars) checked with Roush about this, and was told the same thing.

For what it's worth, my local Ford dealer also told me that, when they (or another authorized Ford & Roush dealer) installs this, the factory warranty will continue to be honored. That's important to me, because I purchased the extended warranty. That means a lot to a lot of us out there, that want extra performance without all the hassles about the warranty. And yes, having to remove a CAI and return the car to stock settings every time you take it in for inspection, routine maintenance, etc., is a BIG PAIN. Just not worth it for a lot of us, at least until after the warranty has run out.
Old 2/10/06, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ddd1968rt @ February 10, 2006, 11:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I received an e-mail from Roush Performance today that states that they expect to release the ROUSHCHARGER for AUTOMATIC equipped GTs "by mid spring to summer time 2006." Roush Performance also told me this on the telephone earlier today. And, my local Ford dealer (who also is a Roush dealer and installs the Roush superchargers on customer's cars) checked with Roush about this, and was told the same thing.

[/b][/quote]

they have to send the ECM to Roush for re-programming and they tell me they cannot do it if there are other performance mods to the car --- that she would have to be returned to stock - prior to the SC installation ----
Old 2/10/06, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stangette @ February 10, 2006, 1:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
they have to send the ECM to Roush for re-programming and they tell me they cannot do it if there are other performance mods to the car --- that she would have to be returned to stock - prior to the SC installation ----
[/b][/quote]
This is true. My dealer told me the same thing. That's why I've been holding off on doing any mods to my GT until I know if the Roush supercharger for the automatic is going to be available anytime soon. The rep I spoke with from Roush said that the boost level should be the same for the automatic version as it is for the manual. I'm guessing that they've just had a hassle coming up with a good program for the ECM for the automatic.

The quoted cost from my local Ford/Roush dealer for the whole package is approximately $8,000. This runs quite a bit more than other supercharger installations. However, the premium here is for keeping your factory and extended warranties in full force.

The Roush probably doesn't have as high an output as many of the other superchargers that are available, but it is the only one that I know of that the Ford dealers won't balk at warranty-wise. And, the one I saw at their dealership and at the local auto show looked like it came that way from the factory. Sweet!
Old 2/11/06, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ddd1968rt @ February 10, 2006, 2:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is true. My dealer told me the same thing. That's why I've been holding off on doing any mods to my GT until I know if the Roush supercharger for the automatic is going to be available anytime soon. The rep I spoke with from Roush said that the boost level should be the same for the automatic version as it is for the manual. I'm guessing that they've just had a hassle coming up with a good program for the ECM for the automatic.

The quoted cost from my local Ford/Roush dealer for the whole package is approximately $8,000. This runs quite a bit more than other supercharger installations. However, the premium here is for keeping your factory and extended warranties in full force.

The Roush probably doesn't have as high an output as many of the other superchargers that are available, but it is the only one that I know of that the Ford dealers won't balk at warranty-wise. And, the one I saw at their dealership and at the local auto show looked like it came that way from the factory. Sweet!
[/b][/quote]

I think FRPP is coming out with a SC this year and it will also keep the warrenty valid it installed by a Ford dealer....

http://www.fordracingparts.com/supercharge...perchargers.asp