GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Roush rear lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/07, 12:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I finally was able to get this mod done, but I seem to have a problem... The back now sits lower than the front rather than leveled out... Would installing them the wrong way have this type of an effect? I have them with the fatter end towards the axle (down) and the thinner end towards the frame (up)... I really don't want to get the front springs if I don't have to, but if this is what I am stuck with on the rears, then I will go ahead and get them, cause it sits way too low in the back now...

Any suggestions?
yeah, that doesnt look right. must be the whole convertable thing.
height wont matter which way you installed them.
Old 5/28/07, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phorty
I did it and wish I'd done the fronts, too. The rear is noticable lower than the front and looks silly.
I finally was able to get this mod done, but I seem to have a problem... The back now sits lower than the front rather than leveled out... Would installing them the wrong way have this type of an effect? I have them with the fatter end towards the axle (down) and the thinner end towards the frame (up)... I really don't want to get the front springs if I don't have to, but if this is what I am stuck with on the rears, then I will go ahead and get them, cause it sits way too low in the back now...

Any suggestions?
Did you not read what I wrote earlier in the thread? Mine looks just like yours.

Also, read this thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=roush+stupid
It addresses both issues, the positioning of the springs and the ride height problem.
Old 5/28/07, 01:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you not read what I wrote earlier in the thread? Mine looks just like yours.
I looked at the pictures you posted and liked the look even though you said they were a little lower... Mine seem to be even lower than yours (probably because mines a convertible I am guessing)... I reversed the springs this morning (so they were on right side up) and it didn't seem to help (I wasn't expecting it to, I just wanted them on right)! So, it looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the fronts done...
Old 5/28/07, 07:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=Iceknyght;926754]I finally was able to get this mod done, but I seem to have a problem... The back now sits lower than the front rather than leveled out... Would installing them the wrong way have this type of an effect? I have them with the fatter end towards the axle (down) and the thinner end towards the frame (up)... I really don't want to get the front springs if I don't have to, but if this is what I am stuck with on the rears, then I will go ahead and get them, cause it sits way too low in the back now...

Any suggestions?[/
quote]Yeah,get front ones
Old 5/28/07, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

Lol! Smart a$$...

Okay, I finally drove it around a bit and washed her up... So far, I can definitely tell the back end is stiffer, but not *bad* stiff... Just noticable (and also cause I am trying to feel differences)... Over speed bumps, it's tighter and not as *spongy* as the front ones. Overall I am liking them and after I drove it around a bit, I took some more pictures...

It seems to have leveled out too, which I don't think is possible, but it looks more level now...

I'll give it a day or so and figure out if I can live with this or if I should just get the fronts done too!
Old 5/31/07, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Icey,
I have seen rubber ring spacers that would work. Just put them on the top of the spring before you stuff em up in the well? Try Jegs or Summit? I guess they would also work on the bottom as well.
Old 5/31/07, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

My friend said something similar, but I decided to bite the bullet and order the fronts... The good news is that the springs will all be the same... So while I didn't really want to lower the front, I will feel better that they are the same springs...
Old 5/31/07, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

My friend said something similar, but I decided to bite the bullet and order the fronts... The good news is that the springs will all be the same... So while I didn't really want to lower the front, I will feel better that they are the same springs...
Congrats! Your car will handle and look great. Struts/shocks should be your next mod.
Old 6/1/07, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RUgoinUp?
Congrats! Your car will handle and look great. Struts/shocks should be your next mod.
They are definitely on my future mod list!