Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange

Old 7/27/15, 10:03 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the Koni Orange today from American Muscle. They're having a great sale so I saved around 40%. $371 for a set of struts and shocks, so it was too good to pass up. The struts are backordered 6-7 weeks but its worth the wait. I'm using them along with Roush 1" lowering springs. Just street driving for now.
Old 7/28/15, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 14BlackGT
I ordered the Koni Orange today from American Muscle. They're having a great sale so I saved around 40%. $371 for a set of struts and shocks, so it was too good to pass up. The struts are backordered 6-7 weeks but its worth the wait. I'm using them along with Roush 1" lowering springs. Just street driving for now.

Hey Kevin - Thanks so much for your support and business, I really appreciate it! koni likes to give back when they can and we're more than happy to sell their parts. I'm hoping that we're going to get a new shipment fast tracked to us because they went out of stock pretty fast!

How long have you had your springs on? Did you get the car aligned after you threw them on?

Let me know if don't have our forums discount code either and I'm happy to get you setup.

Alex

Also....Is your avatar the Horse from Ren & Stimpy? If so thank you for the trip down memory lane!

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 7/28/15 at 08:13 AM.
Old 7/28/15, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I will be getting these Koni orange as well next year. Just resting the wallet a little bit.
Old 7/28/15, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I was personally very disappointed with the oranges. The build quality was not what I expected from koni. I received 2 that were blown, then the new ones had completely different valving as their axle counterparts. They also require you to reuse the stock bushings etc.

AM was great with replacing at no cost to me but I ended up having to go with the steeda pro actions. The build quality was significantly better, they come with all brand new parts and bushings for direct swap. And they ride amazing. The control they give is outstanding but they aren't harsh at all. Just my .02
Old 7/28/15, 12:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Good info!
Old 7/28/15, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Talking

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey Kevin - Thanks so much for your support and business, I really appreciate it! koni likes to give back when they can and we're more than happy to sell their parts. I'm hoping that we're going to get a new shipment fast tracked to us because they went out of stock pretty fast!

How long have you had your springs on? Did you get the car aligned after you threw them on?

Let me know if don't have our forums discount code either and I'm happy to get you setup.

Alex

Also....Is your avatar the Horse from Ren & Stimpy? If so thank you for the trip down memory lane!
Hi Alex. Thanks for your message and I look forward to receiving them. I have the Roush springs that are supposed to give the car a 1/2" drop but it looks more like 1" now that they have settled after a couple months. I got an alignment at the time and will have to get it done again with the new parts. How is the quality control on these? I don't want to go thru Typesredline's experience since I pay someone to put the in. (beyond my mechanical scope.).

If you can set me up with a discount code that would be awesome.

Yes, the avatar is from Ren and Stimpy. That's Mr. Horse. A famous quote from him as he holds his chin and shifts his eyes, "Hmmmmmmm.........no sir, I don't like it."

Happy happy joy joy

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 7/28/15 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added content
Old 7/28/15, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy!

Old 7/28/15, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by houtex
I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy!
aaaaaaah hahahahahahahahahah
Old 7/29/15, 07:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I ended up having to go with the Steeda pro actions. The build quality was significantly better, they come with all brand new parts and bushings for direct swap. And they ride amazing. The control they give is outstanding but they aren't harsh at all. Just my .02
It was our goal to find the perfect balance between comfort and performance & very happy to hear your feedback!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/29/15, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor

Hi Alex. Thanks for your message and I look forward to receiving them. I have the Roush springs that are supposed to give the car a 1/2" drop but it looks more like 1" now that they have settled after a couple months. I got an alignment at the time and will have to get it done again with the new parts. How is the quality control on these? I don't want to go thru Typesredline's experience since I pay someone to put the in. (beyond my mechanical scope.).

If you can set me up with a discount code that would be awesome.

Yes, the avatar is from Ren and Stimpy. That's Mr. Horse. A famous quote from him as he holds his chin and shifts his eyes, "Hmmmmmmm.........no sir, I don't like it." Ren & Stimpy Mr. Horse - No Sir I Didn't Like It - YouTube

Happy happy joy joy

Anytime sir! That threw me right back to my childhood, I needed that!

Now I can't stop thinking about the time they're selling rubber something or others door to do! Ha.

As per the quality control it's fantastic and I wouldn't be concerned at all - They're fairly simple to get on and off the car. No worries at all.

I shot the discount over to you as well.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any questions, I'm a PM away.

Alex
Old 7/29/15, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like everyone is getting new suspension from AM that Koni pricing was a great deal and I almost clicked "purchase" but I went with the Ford dynamic set instead with Ford P springs, GT500 mounts, and the Eibach camber bolts just in case. Getting it all installed this weekend and will post review/post.
Old 7/30/15, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Last1
Looks like everyone is getting new suspension from AM that Koni pricing was a great deal and I almost clicked "purchase" but I went with the Ford dynamic set instead with Ford P springs, GT500 mounts, and the Eibach camber bolts just in case. Getting it all installed this weekend and will post review/post.

Hey Last - It's that time of year! Everyone needs to overhaul their Mustang (In reality I think it's like everyday for me, It's bad here, My mod list is multiple pages long!)

I think you're going to Enjot Ford's kit just as much as any others, they know what they're doing!

I'll keep an eye out for the thread. Drop me a PM if you don't have our forums discount code either and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Old 7/30/15, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Struts are in and on their way! Are the GT500 strut mounts highly recommended? I'd want to do everything at once while we're in there.

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 7/30/15 at 03:00 PM.
Old 7/30/15, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Struts are in and on their way! Are the GT500 strut mounts highly recommended? I'd want to do everything at once while we're in there.
they'll only work if you have the 05-10 struts.
Old 7/30/15, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jp1seattle
they'll only work if you have the 05-10 struts.
oh my, I will be cancelling that order. I hope I catch them in time to stop it from going out.

Thanks all, for letting me know.

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 7/31/15 at 03:19 AM.
Old 7/30/15, 09:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
If the Konis were the ones for 05-10s, then they will. Otherwise, the 11-14 Konis have to use the stock mounts for those models. Which are fine. The original stock 05-10s were prone to.. things.
Old 7/31/15, 03:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by houtex
If the Konis were the ones for 05-10s, then they will. Otherwise, the 11-14 Konis have to use the stock mounts for those models. Which are fine. The original stock 05-10s were prone to.. things.
I bought them before I got answers from here so I am canceling the order. I jumped the gun. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 7/31/15 at 03:22 AM.
Old 8/12/15, 04:45 PM
GT Member

Koni's are in place along with Roush lowering springs. Ride is great.

On unexpected hitch..... even with the mild lowering, the camber was a bit off and I needed to get adjustable camber bolts.
Old 8/23/15, 12:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Koni's are in place along with Roush lowering springs. Ride is great.

On unexpected hitch..... even with the mild lowering, the camber was a bit off and I needed to get adjustable camber bolts.
Looks like I am getting those same Roush springs to go with my Koni orange. I have the eibach pro and it is too low for me.
Old 8/24/15, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dohc97
Looks like I am getting those same Roush springs to go with my Koni orange. I have the eibach pro and it is too low for me.
Here are pics with the Roush and Koni installed. I'm very happy with the stance and the ride is perfect for my current needs. Sorry the pics couldn't be better. Black car you know .

The part # for my springs are 401294 front and 401295 rear.
Attached Thumbnails Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange-roush-koni-1.jpg   Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange-roush-koni-2.jpg   Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange-roush-koni-3.jpg   Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange-roush-koni-front.jpg   Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange-roush-koni-rear.jpg  

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 8/24/15 at 07:52 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Improving my ride and handling with Koni Orange