Search this Thread

Old 11/9/07, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that answers my question. Thanks Jeff
Old 11/9/07, 08:38 AM

Rotorpros ( Posi Quiet vs Hawk )

If you ask me I say save the cash and use the Posi Quiets. We use their low dust extended wear which are semi metallic. They are quiet and compliment the rotors perfectly. Hawks are great as well but are more expensive and also they are dropshipped from our supplier so there may be a little delay in getting them to you if you live in the western part of the USA. We email tracking for all items once they ship. Rotors and Steel Braided Brakelines ship from our warehouse in California.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Old 11/9/07, 09:49 AM
GT Member

I'm interested on the shipping costs for Rotors, pads, and lines. Of course, my total as of now would be $510 (Ceramic Coated Rotors, Black Painted Hubs, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, and Stoptech SS Brake Lines). Then I'll pick me up 3 liters of Motul RBF600 and be done!
Old 11/10/07, 01:26 PM

Rotorpros Shipping

Shipping costs are included with the listed prices. Shipping to the 48 continental USA states only. Thanks
Old 11/14/07, 12:41 PM

So I guess reputable companies like Rotoras diamond slots and Stoptech diamond slots are a selling gimick also? (please be professional when you are trying to attack another company).

Thank you.
Old 11/14/07, 04:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by r1concepts
So I guess reputable companies like Rotoras diamond slots and Stoptech diamond slots are a selling gimick also? (please be professional when you are trying to attack another company).

Thank you.
Whose attacking r1?
Old 11/14/07, 06:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Jon, just ask Mike (bpmurr) about his experience with R1 rotors! He has a LONG post about them on Modularfords.com. Lets just say he had a frank discussion with a head honcho at R1, and sent them back. He's running Rotorpros and loves them (last time I chatted with him at Carlisle). Rotorpros are great rotors for the money (made by Centric a premium brand), and
they are coated, so the stots and/or holes won't rust.
I'm sure if you do a search on here for them, you'll find LOTS of happy owners.
I beg to differ. I've seen them and they rust.These were the silver zinc plated ones( unless you spray them w/high temp paint first.)
Old 11/14/07, 06:15 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I have r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hps pads and earl's brake lines and am very happy with the system. Whatever rotor you go with, spray paint them high temp black before you install them because they will rust.
No need to spray paint the Stillen rotors - they are zinc plated by us.

Also of note - the cross drilled holes aren’t just chamfered – they are radius chamfered – not a simple process (same process used on the AP Race rotors) to help reduce the chance of cracking.
Old 11/14/07, 07:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I beg to differ. I've seen them and they rust.These were the silver zinc plated ones( unless you spray them w/high temp paint first.)
There are two versions of the RotorPros Rotors the base version and the premium version which has the black powder coating even on the inside vains

Richard
Old 11/14/07, 07:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
There are two versions of the RotorPros Rotors the base version and the premium version which has the black powder coating even on the inside vains

Richard
You mean an all black rotor?
Old 11/14/07, 08:49 PM
GTR Member

Richard
But what if you don't want black??
Old 11/14/07, 10:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
You mean an all black rotor?
No not all black. The premium version is powder coated on the hub and the inner vains the regular version is simply painted from what i was told.

Richard
Old 11/15/07, 01:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
No need to spray paint the Stillen rotors - they are zinc plated by us.

Also of note - the cross drilled holes aren’t just chamfered – they are radius chamfered – not a simple process (same process used on the AP Race rotors) to help reduce the chance of cracking.
I am not trying to be rude, but why are the stillen rotors so expencive? I checked on your site and they are $1200? Are they significantly lighter than the stock ones?
Old 11/15/07, 05:50 AM
GTR Member

No not all black. The premium version is powder coated on the hub and the inner vains the regular version is simply painted from what i was told.

Richard
But some don't want black on the hubs. When I asked Rich @ Rotorpro's, he said to order the zinc plated ones to avoid the rusting.However this did not stop the slots and holes from rusting and also the inner and outer edge of the rotor. Tom's(Tooper 89) rotors did this until he took them back off ,cleaned off the rust, and repainted them w/ the VHT high temp paint.He then drove around and the brake pads removed the black from the other parts of the rotor. What I'm trying to say is that Rich said if you wanted the all silver look to get the zinc plated ones which were the best he had to offer.
Old 11/15/07, 10:47 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by chrisc9867
I am not trying to be rude, but why are the stillen rotors so expencive? I checked on your site and they are $1200? Are they significantly lighter than the stock ones?
Hey there,

WOW - where did you see $1200 rotors on our site? The most expensive Mustang rotors we have are the 2 piece pillar vane cross drilled and slotted rotors - they are $1039.

The one piece rotors start at around $250.

Hope that helps some

Page
Old 11/15/07, 10:57 AM

Whose attacking r1?
I was referring to this quote.
Originally Posted by rotorpros
unlike the competion that states their "DIAMOND" slots are better. This is simply a selling gimick and actually eats away hundreds of mile of pad life!! If that pattern was so great wouldn't you think Baer or Wilwood would be using them??

Like my previous post stated, If you think diamond cut slots are a gimmick, ask Brembo / Sp Performance / Stoptech / Rotora why they use it.

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Jon, just ask Mike (bpmurr) about his experience with R1 rotors! He has a LONG post about them on Modularfords.com.

Yes, bpmurr had a bad experience with R1, but we settled it professionally. Little advice, these rotors are made for street use. If you plan on tracking your vehicle, maybe consider having the rotors cryo'd and slotted only. Drilled rotors on a track are prone to show hairline cracks. As I track my vehicle, I replace my rotors every 2-3 months. This is due to me doing 20-30 min lap times.

Both rotorpro and the r1's are in the price range I'd like to spend. One of the things holding me back is the r1s have thats extra set of drilled holes. Did r1 have any type of warranty with there product? How long have you had that set up?

We machine all our rotors here in our facility. We can do any design requested. Single drill, double drill, slot only, dimple drill. Please remember that:

1. Zinc plating only pro-longs rust build it. It will not prevent it from rusting. Your states weather will depict how long it will hold up.
2. Premium rotors are only coated on the hub and inner veins of the rotors. The surface area will not be protected by rust.
-many have sprayed high temp paint on the surface to help it from rusting.

***IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A SET OF R1 ROTORS, SEND ME A PM, AND I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL YOU CAN NOT REFUSE***
Old 11/15/07, 12:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by r1concepts
I was referring to this quote.

Like my previous post stated, If you think diamond cut slots are a gimmick, ask Brembo / Sp Performance / Stoptech / Rotora why they use it.

Yes, bpmurr had a bad experience with R1, but we settled it professionally. Little advice, these rotors are made for street use. If you plan on tracking your vehicle, maybe consider having the rotors cryo'd and slotted only. Drilled rotors on a track are prone to show hairline cracks. As I track my vehicle, I replace my rotors every 2-3 months. This is due to me doing 20-30 min lap times.

We machine all our rotors here in our facility. We can do any design requested. Single drill, double drill, slot only, dimple drill. Please remember that:

1. Zinc plating only pro-longs rust build it. It will not prevent it from rusting. Your states weather will depict how long it will hold up.
2. Premium rotors are only coated on the hub and inner veins of the rotors. The surface area will not be protected by rust.
-many have sprayed high temp paint on the surface to help it from rusting.

***IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A SET OF R1 ROTORS, SEND ME A PM, AND I WILL GIVE YOU A DEAL YOU CAN NOT REFUSE***
If you spray it on the surface,won't the pads remove it?
Old 11/15/07, 04:22 PM

Yes, the pads will remove all the paint from the surface, but the paint will remain in the holes and slots where the pads do not touch.
Old 11/15/07, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Hey there,

WOW - where did you see $1200 rotors on our site? The most expensive Mustang rotors we have are the 2 piece pillar vane cross drilled and slotted rotors - they are $1039.

The one piece rotors start at around $250.

Hope that helps some

Page
Alright, well what are the benefits of your 2 piece pillar vane cross drilled and slotted rotors, over other higher end rotors, such as DBA's? As I understood from your site, it is $1039 for just the front two, which is basicall double that of DBA.
Old 11/16/07, 09:08 AM

Rotorpros

Well we have used all different types of styles and designs here and found that the normal slotted and less drilled rotors work best. So regardless of what R1 says we stand by what we say. Just like they stand by what they sell. I do not want to get into a "WAR" on TMS. It it always the buyers choice. I know we have great products and great customer service. The choice is yours!! We thank all TMS members for your time!! Have a great weekend.

Quick Reply: Rotorpros, R1 Rotors or other?