7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Rotorpros, R1 Rotors or other?

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/07, 04:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotorpros, R1 Rotors or other?

I'm planning my Christmas mods. Thought about a big brake kit but not interested in changing my new rims/tire and spacers don't attract me. So... Next best thing SS brake lines and new pads.

What SS brake lines are you all using. I know the Earls are popular over at modularfords, have heard the steeda are OE style and haven't heard too much about the goodridge other then they were a good system. Opinions?

SS brake lines(Earls Braided Brake Lines, Steeda, Goodridge)
Hawk HPS pads
Old 11/1/07, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hps pads and earl's brake lines and am very happy with the system. Whatever rotor you go with, spray paint them high temp black before you install them because they will rust.
Old 11/1/07, 06:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I have r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hps pads and earl's brake lines and am very happy with the system. Whatever rotor you go with, spray paint them high temp black before you install them because they will rust.
Both rotorpro and the r1's are in the price range I'd like to spend. One of the things holding me back is the r1s have thats extra set of drilled holes. Did r1 have any type of warranty with there product? How long have you had that set up?
Old 11/1/07, 08:53 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going w/rotorpros titanium and painting the slots and dimples and inner and outer edges w/VHT brake Caliper,Drum & Rotor Paint
Old 11/1/07, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had the rotors for about 10,000 miles and there isn't a warranty that I know of.
Old 11/2/07, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Both rotorpro and the r1's are in the price range I'd like to spend. One of the things holding me back is the r1s have thats extra set of drilled holes. Did r1 have any type of warranty with there product? How long have you had that set up?
Hey Jon, just ask Mike (bpmurr) about his experience with R1 rotors! He has a LONG post about them on Modularfords.com. Lets just say he had a frank discussion with a head honcho at R1, and sent them back. He's running Rotorpros and loves them (last time I chatted with him at Carlisle). Rotorpros are great rotors for the money (made by Centric a premium brand), and they are coated, so the stots and/or holes won't rust. I'm sure if you do a search on here for them, you'll find LOTS of happy owners.
Old 11/2/07, 07:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Jon, just ask Mike (bpmurr) about his experience with R1 rotors! He has a LONG post about them on Modularfords.com. Lets just say he had a frank discussion with a head honcho at R1, and sent them back. He's running Rotorpros and loves them (last time I chatted with him at Carlisle). Rotorpros are great rotors for the money (made by Centric a premium brand), and they are coated, so the stots and/or holes won't rust. I'm sure if you do a search on here for them, you'll find LOTS of happy owners.
Yeah, I went over to Mods forums to read. And the r1's are like another $50 which I didn't pay much attention too. I e-mailed Rich of Rotorpros, I may just get a "brake" package from him. Rotors, SS brake lines(Stoptech), Hawk HPS pads
Old 11/2/07, 03:48 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm digging the DBA 5000 rotors, seems to me though they are 1400 bucks for the rotors and I havent seen anything in a GT500 size rotor either. (I wanna get the DBA 5000 rotors along with the GT500 calipers both as a performance and appearence upgrade. I really lilked the PBR calipers on the new edge cars, I dunno about performance , but the TRW calipers look like a bad kindergarten art project.)

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/products_5000.asp

http://www.dba.com.au/Performance%20...20series_2.pdf

The two piece rotoes have two nice features, reduced weight (3.5 per rotor) and they don't warp or warp as easily under heavy usage. My wheels have never been bolted on by some gorilla with an impact wrench set on destroy, but they have become warped none the less.
Old 11/3/07, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Rotorpros and R1 are the exact same brand of rotors. They both sell the Centric Brand which i personally love. They make great OEM type replacement rotors as well as the drilled and slotted. So that decision can be based on price and customer service.

Richard
Old 11/3/07, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Rotorpros and R1 are the exact same brand of rotors. They both sell the Centric Brand which i personally love. They make great OEM type replacement rotors as well as the drilled and slotted. So that decision can be based on price and customer service.

Richard
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not know that. Should make the desicion even easier
Old 11/4/07, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

+1 on the Rotorpros here.

Got them and love them!
Old 11/8/07, 01:59 PM

Rotorpros Rotors

Thanks for choosing us over the competition guys!! We are offering all TMS members a special for the remainder of this month. We can ship you all four Centric Silver Zinc Plated rotors in your choice of drilled slotted, dimpled slotted, drilled only, slotted only for $220. Add $70 for Centric Posi Quiet Low dust pads ( semi metallic ) or $130 for Hawk HPS pads. We also offer STOP TECH Steel Braided Brakelines for another $130 when ordered with the rotor / pad / lines combination. All those interested please send us a www.paypal.com payment to sales@rotorpros.com If you want custom coated black hubs add $30 for the glossy black finish. Please visit www.ROTORPROS.com for more pics. Rotorpros offers a unique "LESS DRILLED" pattern and traditional slotting unlike the competion that states their "DIAMOND" slots are better. This is simply a selling gimick and actually eats away hundreds of mile of pad life!! If that pattern was so great wouldn't you think Baer or Wilwood would be using them??
Thanks for your time and support!!
Old 11/8/07, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Had my Rotorpros and Centric pads for about 6 months. I could not be happier. That price being offered now is better than I got and I was happy with my price. I should buy a set at this price and put them in storage.
Scott
Old 11/8/07, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rotorpros
Thanks for choosing us over the competition guys!! We are offering all TMS members a special for the remainder of this month. We can ship you all four Centric Silver Zinc Plated rotors in your choice of drilled slotted, dimpled slotted, drilled only, slotted only for $220. Add $70 for Centric Posi Quiet Low dust pads ( semi metallic ) or $130 for Hawk HPS pads. We also offer STOP TECH Steel Braided Brakelines for another $130 when ordered with the rotor / pad / lines combination. All those interested please send us a www.paypal.com payment to sales@rotorpros.com If you want custom coated black hubs add $30 for the glossy black finish. Please visit www.ROTORPROS.com for more pics. Rotorpros offers a unique "LESS DRILLED" pattern and traditional slotting unlike the competion that states their "DIAMOND" slots are better. This is simply a selling gimick and actually eats away hundreds of mile of pad life!! If that pattern was so great wouldn't you think Baer or Wilwood would be using them??
WOW, great deal. I think I may be sending a payment to you later this month.
Old 11/8/07, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
WOW, great deal. I think I may be sending a payment to you later this month.

I think I'll be doing the same. Ho, ho, ho, merry christmas... to me
Old 11/8/07, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had Rotorpros with Hawk pads on my Lightning and loved them. Great product and good people to deal with.
Old 11/8/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

RotorPros all the way Rich is a great guy to deal with.

Richard
Old 11/8/07, 06:45 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rotorpros
1. how much is shipping for rotors and pads?
2. are the Centri posi pads the lowest dust and quietest pads available?
Old 11/8/07, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
2. are the Centri posi pads the lowest dust and quietest pads available?
Good question, are the Hawk HPS noisy? I figure they grip beter(b/c of their price).
Old 11/9/07, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have the HPS pads on my car and they are quiet. No problem at all. They are a little more dusty, but that is a trade-off that I am willing to accept.

And they definately stop better then stock!

Quick Reply: Rotorpros, R1 Rotors or other?