GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Revised C&L Tune-312.8 RWHP/331.7 RWTQ!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice numbers, man! I'm glad to see the C&L doing so well, I really like that piece. Hard to believe this car is gaining so much just from an air intake. WOW!
Old 3/16/05, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 38special+March 16, 2005, 6:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(38special @ March 16, 2005, 6:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Great numbers. Now what?

Faster, faster, faster.....
[/b]

I'm addicted for sure now! As far as what's next, it deppend's on the after market. I want to do the head's, cam (lopey), forged flat top high compression piston's, and forged conecting rod's are on the drawing board at the moment. Pretty much the whole BMR line-up will be installed, as well as MT slick's real soon.
It's never enough.....Faster,Faster, indeed... I am on a mission to get to 400 RWHP naturally asperated....

Originally posted by RRRoamer@March 16, 2005, 12:21 PM
Klushi,

I think the single biggest reason is that most people do NOT have a wide band O2 sensor, therefore they can not accurately read the A/F mixture. He has a large selection of hop ups on his car and there IS no stock tune that is designed for his combo, so he put it on the dyno where they can see if the tune is producing the power AND see if it is staying safe.

In his case, it was so they did not have to do much to it other than add a bit more ignition timing. There is a possiblity that he could have been running lean with the extra air flow he should have with the exhaust he is running. That would have been bad. Better safe than sorry.

If you have a stock car and add a single specific hop up (one that affects air flow anyway) and you use a tune that was designed for that hop up (the C&L tune and Jay's JLT tune come to mind), then you should be pretty safe without dynoing it. But when you have multiple upgrades and they do affect the airflow, you might want to find a dyno to VERIFY that you are safe.
Thank's couldn't have said it myself! Living in the desert I really have to watch detonation. My tuner also want's to make adjustment's slowly to see how the new computer react's. So far it's doing great and has surpased our expectation's.

<!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDave
@March 16, 2005, 12:36 PM
How do you know if you have the revised C&L tune or not. I just got my Kit From C&L on Monday and Installed it yesterday. Could mine be the revised tune. Is there a number or something to let you know. I not good at all this downloading from C&L website stuff. I can plug in the predator and answer questions though. How would I get the revised tune to the hanheld predator if mine is not the revised tune. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just not up on all this technical stuff.
[/quote]

If it's a newer kit it should be the revised tune. There should be a number or code on the box you could reffrence on Diablo's website.
Old 3/16/05, 11:06 PM

Whoa, that's like 365 hp (conservative estimate) at the crank!
Old 3/17/05, 07:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Vegasjay

You put your headers on without putting new motor mounts? No one around here will install headers without changing out the mounts, which more than double the cost of this job. :notnice:
Old 3/17/05, 07:33 AM
FR500 Member

If the mounts are replaced at the same time as the headers install, the additional labor cost should be very minimal.

Paul
Old 3/17/05, 07:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Vegasjay+March 16, 2005, 8:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ March 16, 2005, 8:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RRRoamer@March 16, 2005, 12:21 PM
Klushi,

I think the single biggest reason is that most people do NOT have a wide band O2 sensor, therefore they can not accurately read the A/F mixture. He has a large selection of hop ups on his car and there IS no stock tune that is designed for his combo, so he put it on the dyno where they can see if the tune is producing the power AND see if it is staying safe.

In his case, it was so they did not have to do much to it other than add a bit more ignition timing. There is a possiblity that he could have been running lean with the extra air flow he should have with the exhaust he is running. That would have been bad. Better safe than sorry.

If you have a stock car and add a single specific hop up (one that affects air flow anyway) and you use a tune that was designed for that hop up (the C&L tune and Jay's JLT tune come to mind), then you should be pretty safe without dynoing it. But when you have multiple upgrades and they do affect the airflow, you might want to find a dyno to VERIFY that you are safe.
Thank's couldn't have said it myself! Living in the desert I really have to watch detonation. My tuner also want's to make adjustment's slowly to see how the new computer react's. So far it's doing great and has surpased our expectation's.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks RRoamer. That left me with the question of why did the tunner not find all the tweaks in the first place? Why did he have to go back a second time? But VegasJay noted that the tuner will not do it all at once, but a little at a time.

They are some nice numbers!
Old 3/17/05, 08:55 AM
Cobra R Member

wild stray

I was trying to get out of having to buy the mounts.
Old 3/17/05, 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am on a mission to get to 400 RWHP naturally asperated....
I will also be straining to reach this goal as well, once I get my car. And I only say straining because I may have to do it slower than I want to. Have to keep the CINCHOUSE happy!!
Old 3/17/05, 02:10 PM
FR500 Member

Tell me about it! We're finishing up on remodeling the house, I thought I'd have a little breathing room..... not a chance

The good side of that, is that more stuff will be coming out as time goes along.

At least I have the car
Old 3/17/05, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who has the best price on the C&L intake? I already have the Predator.
Old 3/17/05, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 38special+March 17, 2005, 8:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(38special @ March 17, 2005, 8:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Vegasjay

You put your headers on without putting new motor mounts? No one around here will install headers without changing out the mounts, which more than double the cost of this job. :notnice:
[/b]

At the time I got my header's JBA didn't say that you needed them. I want to put them on because the give you a little movement on the motor to help with clearence. I'm a little tight on the passenger side fender well/frame area and it rattles a little bit at low rpm's. :bang: I also worry that drag racing will make for an early dimise for the stock hydra-mounts. On the plus side though the long tube headers will fit with the stock mount's!
<!--QuoteBegin-tmcolegr
@March 17, 2005, 5:29 PM
Who has the best price on the C&L intake?
[/quote]

I've seen people on hear saying they got the C&L kit for around $680 dollars, if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember were from, hopefuly someone can chime in.
Old 3/17/05, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@March 17, 2005, 7:57 PM

I've seen people on hear saying they got the C&L kit for around $680 dollars, if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember were from, hopefuly someone can chime in.
I think tmcolegr is asking about the C&L without the Predator since he already has one. RPM outlet has them for $350

The Boss Hog
Old 3/17/05, 07:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Vegasjay

I will have to wait till August to get my headers and x pipe because my fiance is rebelling at all of my spending. I bought the Bassani axelbacks behind her back already! I may wait till Monday to put them on so she does not hear them.
Old 3/18/05, 09:55 AM
FR500 Member

whipped
Old 3/18/05, 10:26 AM
Cobra R Member

I resemble that remark...
Old 3/18/05, 10:50 AM
FR500 Member

As do I
Old 3/18/05, 09:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Who needs new living room furniture anyway?
Old 3/19/05, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Those are great numbers. Now go get you a JLT CAI and you will put down even more hp and tq. I am not able to give my exact numbers out, but they are a bit higher on both sides.
Old 3/19/05, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by turbochad@March 19, 2005, 2:07 PM
Those are great numbers. Now go get you a JLT CAI and you will put down even more hp and tq. I am not able to give my exact numbers out, but they are a bit higher on both sides.
What only a "BIT HIGHER"? What hapened to the "BIG GAINS" you were promising??

Also are those gains before or after you fix the design defect by using Bryan's fix???

One last thing, If I'm not mistaken, at the NMRA season opener in Bradenton Florida the fastest 05's were equiped with C&L Intake's .... Justin Bertram ran a 12.20 at 111 mph with a C&L Intake, Diablo Predator (C&L Tune), U/D Pullies, gear's and some exhaust correct.....

Beside's I like my engine light off....
Old 3/21/05, 09:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds like all is well with you Vegas.....can't wait to see how ya do at the track bro....keep us posted!!!

John

Quick Reply: Revised C&L Tune-312.8 RWHP/331.7 RWTQ!