GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/07, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tr6nut
The relocation brackets bolt to the axle mounts. They will always be the same height from the ground, unless you change tire/wheel diameter (or get a flat tire).
Brain fart...
Old 3/30/07, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tr6nut
The relocation brackets bolt to the axle mounts. They will always be the same height from the ground, unless you change tire/wheel diameter (or get a flat tire).
Correct, I went and measured the relocation brackets on our project car in the parking lot. They are right at 4" from the ground but on our project car the exhaust still hangs lower.

Jason/BMR
Old 3/30/07, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Correct, I went and measured the relocation brackets on our project car in the parking lot. They are right at 4" from the ground but on our project car the exhaust still hangs lower.

Jason/BMR
hi jason. thanks for the clarification.

man..i wonder if it will cause a problem in car washes!
Old 3/31/07, 03:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
I've got the CHE's, bolt in, one hole. The work great, and the one hole for me puts my LCA's level with the ground, which is were they are suppossed to be, no pointed up or down from the axle. Easy install, no rubbing on the sway bar, and the work GREAT! No sacrifice in ride quality. Launching the car is MUCH nicer, I don't feel like my tail pipes are going to drag anymore. Highlly recommended.

Oh, and I can always weld them in if I feel like it, but don't see a need to.
hi hatchman.
from what i can see the CHE do not hang as low as the BMR. maybe because its only 1 hole. you limit the adjustment but you get more daily driver street capability. bmr/steeda with more holes to adjust can suit racers better....

what you think?
Old 3/31/07, 06:27 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the BMR relocation brackets on and my car is lower. I have never hit anything or draged the brackets on the ground. I just have they bolted in but will probably get the MIG welder out of the garage and weld them in sometime in the Spring. I couldn't be happier with them.
Old 3/31/07, 08:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi hatchman.
from what i can see the CHE do not hang as low as the BMR. maybe because its only 1 hole. you limit the adjustment but you get more daily driver street capability. bmr/steeda with more holes to adjust can suit racers better....

what you think?
I'll get some pics of mine later, but they do not hang as low as the BMR's. Look pretty good, actually You do loose some adjustablity, but mine are pretty level with the ground, so I wouldn't want to change them anyway.

If they point up from front to back (higher at the axle) you'll get a lot of squat and loose energy on the launch since instead of propelling the car forward, you're rotating back a compressing the rear springs. So 60' times while drag racing will suffer.

If they point down from front to back (the axle side is lower) you'll have a hard time getting power to the ground coming out of corners, and get a lot of oversteer and wheelspin.

Having them level is a nice medium. Mine are level, they reduced the squat by 80%, and the ride is perfect, and no added noise and rubbing, so I wouldn't want to adjust them anyway.

If I was planning on road racing, I'd get the adjustable ones. Mine's just a daily driver I take to the drag strip every once in a while, and will probably only be on a road course a hand full of times. I road race motorcycles, but don't want to get addicted to road racing the car. The bikes are expensive enough as it is.
Old 3/31/07, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

1+ on the CHE lca's and anti squats....My control arms are a little lower on the axle side after the install, but that helps w/ traction which is my major prob. Also a very noticeable difference in the corners...I used to just break traction with a slight touch of the throttle, now i can give it a little....Nice and quiet(poly/poly rod ends) and low maintainance. You just have to torque the hell out of the bolts(i thinks its 129ft/lbs)..I havent welded them on yet, but am still considering it.
Old 3/31/07, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the bmr ones and love them. mine r bolted in, but i plan on getting them welded in the near future. IMO you cannot go wrong with bmr.
Old 3/31/07, 09:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Anyone using the BMR brackets with FRPP springs? I am wondering if the control arms are level.
Old 3/31/07, 02:26 PM

Has anyone measured the distance between holes on their brackets? I ended up with Sportline springs and since they are a 2" drop I assume I should be looking for brackets that drop the LCA's on or around 2".
Old 4/2/07, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dly
I have the BMR relocation brackets on and my car is lower. I have never hit anything or draged the brackets on the ground. I just have they bolted in but will probably get the MIG welder out of the garage and weld them in sometime in the Spring. I couldn't be happier with them.

BMR suggests welding if your 60 foot time is less than 1.6 seconds. I don't think you need to worry about that unless you are on DRs or slicks.

Another note on the BMR. I installed mine with the stock Ford factory stamped LCAs (I know, a relatively dumb thing to do) and when doing so, you need to use the lowest hole inthe BMR bracket because the stock stamped LCAs have a rather large diameter end on them. Even so, I'm happy with the BMR relocation brackets bolted in for now (DRs maybe next year). LCAs, UCA, drop springs and other suspension mods to follow...
Old 4/2/07, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

i have eibach pro springs (i think they are almost same as FRPP springs).

i looked under my car today and it is SLIGHTLY lower than the axle.

i like the BMR relocation brackets but i might go with the CHE because it doesnt hang as low and i only need a small adjustment to get it level.