GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question about my Steeda Tri-Ax install

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/10, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about my Steeda Tri-Ax install

Perhaps one of you mustang masters can help me out with my steeda install. When I tightened the bolt that goes from the stabilizer bar to the transmission, the bushing in the stabilizer bar seems to bow in towards the transmission a little bit.

Is this normal? Am I supposed to transfer the metal sleeve from the stock shifter to prevent this bowing? What are the torque specs for that bolt? The shifter is REALLY picking up every vibration from the engine/trans, perhaps its because that bolt is too tight? Any help would be great! Thanks much,

Pat
Old 4/8/10, 07:27 PM
GT Member

I'm surprised there's no response considering the installation instructions from Steeda shows a 99-04 mustang and not an s197. I guess I will call steeda.
Old 4/8/10, 07:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Check their website for tech articles which might have it.
Old 4/8/10, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Check their website for tech articles which might have it.
Thanks Dynamic, I checked the installation instructions from American muscle and they were from a 99-04, but Steeda has the correct one. Looks like I have to work on this shifter again. I have been tweaking this Steeda from day one. Shifts good nonetheless..
Old 4/8/10, 08:30 PM

Don't know about the Steeda but on my Hurst I had to transfer the sleeve insert.
Old 4/9/10, 05:43 AM
Cobra Member

I found a couple other little tricks when installing my Pro 5.0 (which is almost identical to the Steeda) to help control some of the inherent noises including using the stock front rubber bushing instead of the poly one along with adding a piece of red rubber plumbing mat (you find this at any hardware store like Ace in the plumbing section) between the shifter stick and mount. I also added some of the mat between the rear mount and the tunnel.
Old 4/9/10, 06:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
I found a couple other little tricks when installing my Pro 5.0 (which is almost identical to the Steeda) to help control some of the inherent noises including using the stock front rubber bushing instead of the poly one along with adding a piece of red rubber plumbing mat (you find this at any hardware store like Ace in the plumbing section) between the shifter stick and mount. I also added some of the mat between the rear mount and the tunnel.
Hey that's a good idea, I know a lot of people have said "USE DYNOMAT" so this is something I'm going to try. I had problems getting the arm from the shifter to the trans fully tight, then everything came loose because I forgot to use loctite, and now I reinstalled all the bolts with loctite and it vibrates like crazy. I'll get that new sleeve in there and add some matting, hopefully I can get it right. Like I said before it does shift good despite the "kinks".