GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pulled Trigger on the WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/07, 11:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it just arrived last night. PCM flash tool was ordered form Ford racing last night and should be here Monday. Looks like I won't be able to get it installed for maybe 3 weeks or so. This was a great find on Ebay and the seller was great to deal with. I can post some pics and will do so upon request, but I figure everyone knows what a Whipple looks like. I'll start a new thread w/ pics during and after installation.
Old 1/26/07, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Well it just arrived last night. PCM flash tool was ordered form Ford racing last night and should be here Monday. Looks like I won't be able to get it installed for maybe 3 weeks or so. This was a great find on Ebay and the seller was great to deal with. I can post some pics and will do so upon request, but I figure everyone knows what a Whipple looks like. I'll start a new thread w/ pics during and after installation.

awesome bro!!! congrats and good luck with the install!
Old 1/26/07, 11:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
awesome bro!!! congrats and good luck with the install!
Thanks Mav. I honestly would not have done this if you had not told me about the updated tune. Thanks again man.

By the way are you still in law enforcement? If so, where and what kind of agency........City, County, state? I've been with the Oklahoma City Police Department for 10 years.
Old 1/26/07, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
First of all, many thanks to maverickmlfd371. When I was pretty ****ed about the Whipple deal (see other thread) he told me Whipple had just updated their tune for the auto. I spoke to the guys at Lethal and at Whipple and they confirmed the new tune existed and was kick a$$! Long story short, a whipple is currently on it's way to my door step as we speak! I actually bought it from an individual who's dealership sold him one for his 07 without telling him it wouldn't work on an 07. He found out the hard way and sold me his brand new Whipple non-intercooled kit. Because it came from Ford Racing, I will get the PCM flash tool from them and won't have to send in my car's computer. According to the UPS tracking # it should be here this Friday. I can't wait. I'll post updates soon!
LOL, go from selling to supercharging. Gotta Love It!!!! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
mmmmmm.....whipple.....

hehe, whoops, sorry, I forgot this is like **** to some of you guys, lol, but oh well!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=MOV02046.flv
I had to go clean myself after listening to your car hit WOT!!!
Old 1/26/07, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah Alex it's been a roller coaster ride, but she's here to stay. I got a couple of pm's wanting pics so here they are. Not too impressive just sitting on the floor though.
Attached Thumbnails Pulled Trigger on the WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!-whipple-001.jpg   Pulled Trigger on the WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!-whipple-002.jpg   Pulled Trigger on the WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!-whipple-003.jpg   Pulled Trigger on the WHIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!-whipple-004.jpg  
Old 1/26/07, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I beg to differ, looks very impressive just sitting on the floor!!!! D@mn, I wish I could afford to blow a motor...I'd get a S/C asap. Shouldn't play if you can't pay, ya know?
Old 1/27/07, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh man that is sickkkkkk
Old 1/27/07, 02:41 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Rob!!!

Can't wait till you get 'er installed!

Old 1/27/07, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the Whipple Club. Trust me you won't be sorry!!!!!
Old 1/27/07, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mvon919
Yeah! I'm waiting weather to warm up so I can begin my Saleen S/C installation... it's been sitting in my living room almost week now!

Yeah, Saleen doesn't come with a bling, neither does Whipple... even when it's polished...

I like the idea of Saleen, it's compact and has everything in same packet. And it looks "factory" when installed!
I had never seen the "ventral" view of the Saleen before. With the throttlebody sitting right at the front I'd assumed the air had a straight shot past the intercooler and on through the ports. In reality the air travels through a skinny little circuitous path the length of the engine, flips a U, and then enters the manifold at the rear. Interesting.