GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pro 5.0 shifter

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro 5.0 shifter

Who has the Pro 5.0 shifter and what do you think? Iv'e had this shifter in for about a month, the 1-2 gate and 3-4 gate are great, nice solid shifts but you have to force it over to get into the 5-R gate which sucks, I cant see how this can be any good for the transmission shft rod linkage, bearings, seals ect where the rod goes into the trans. the factory shifter always went into the 5-R gate with ease. Ive seen on another board that some people have had this same concern but after time it got easier, BUT what loosened up to allow the easier shift? thats telling me the trans linkage loosened up being that the shifter has no tension on it at all when not hooked up.
Old 7/7/06, 12:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have the Pro 5.0, and I haven't noticed it being any harder to get into the 5-r gate than any other gear. There are two different size bushing that go in it, maybe you have them swapped around, or tightened the nut to tight. I have heard that some people with shifter problems have had either one of these two problems. I don't remember which way I put the bushings in, I think the thicker one on the drivers side, but I am not sure.
Hope this helps out.

Scott
Old 7/7/06, 03:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Scott
I have the Pro 5.0, and I haven't noticed it being any harder to get into the 5-r gate than any other gear. There are two different size bushing that go in it, maybe you have them swapped around, or tightened the nut to tight. I have heard that some people with shifter problems have had either one of these two problems. I don't remember which way I put the bushings in, I think the thicker one on the drivers side, but I am not sure.
Hope this helps out.

Scott
Ya I noticed that too so I swapped the bushings around-then it was hard to get into the 1-2 gate.
How are the Steeda Triax shifters? any concerns with them?