GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics of Rousharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/06, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by toolttime@January 2, 2006, 10:25 AM
I was 50 when I bought the car and my wife would tell her freinds I was going through "Manopoz" So my three son got me this for fathers day.I get lots of comments on it.
That's hilarious... but I'm glad my wife didn't think of it. haha
Old 1/2/06, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by toolttime@January 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
I actually got the car from Key west ford in New Westminister B.C.They are a roush dealer you could get it from them. I bought the kit from MGM Ford in ReddeerAlberta for 7300

I tell ya I looked at alot of em. Procharger wa my next choice. The thing that I didn't like was problems lots were having. I wamted a drivable everyday car( except winter or rainy weather lol ). If I was into the drag racing scene I would go the other way. But I tell you everting was so perfect itwas like it came from Ford themselvesand it looks like a factory install not a adddon. Me I kinda like the clean look to it.
I have been to Key West a few times, definately some nice vehicles there in the showroom. $7300, ouch, but you get what you pay for.

Enjoy the winter, I hope it doesn't get too cold for ya. I spent a Winter in Medicine Hat a few years back, so I know what cold is all about! Needless to say, I am happy to be on the coast.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 1/2/06, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Nice, this should be a sticky for a while..IMO
Old 1/2/06, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

oops DBL post
Old 1/2/06, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by cop on my back@January 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
$7300, ouch, but you get what you pay for.
What does $7300 CDN equate to in US? About $6K???
Old 1/2/06, 01:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by don_w@January 2, 2006, 2:50 PM
What does $7300 CDN equate to in US? About $6K???
it is about 5900.us including freight to get it here Here are the pic of the 2 boxes the kit came in. Couldn't beleive all this was for 1 car lol

Old 1/2/06, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

does the power seem much improved???is it a killer car now?I may do this to my stage 2 if I don't get the cobra.Actually,the roush stage 3 may be a better car with the stage 2 handling package and a little less weight than the cobra.
Old 1/2/06, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ZRX4ME@January 2, 2006, 6:48 PM
does the power seem much improved???is it a killer car now?I may do this to my stage 2 if I don't get the cobra.Actually,the roush stage 3 may be a better car with the stage 2 handling package and a little less weight than the cobra.
Definetly a power improvement!!! And I agree about he stage 3 roush being better
Old 1/2/06, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Excellent write up, thank you for this topic. One thing I'd like to know about is traction - is there any left?
Old 1/3/06, 10:25 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by donkey@January 2, 2006, 11:30 PM
Excellent write up, thank you for this topic. One thing I'd like to know about is traction - is there any left?
Will know in the spring when snow gone.
Old 1/4/06, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by toolttime@January 2, 2006, 1:58 AM
Yeah I will make a vid of it I like the sound of the Roush exhaust and the look at the rear with the rectangle exhaust tips

LOL..just noticed the plate,, thats funny

BTW..I notice your car is a sport, not a STG1 (nothin' wrong with that)

If you push Roush hard enough, you could get it documented as one, and then go from there.
You would get a stg1 emblem, and plaque. But I doubt theyll give you the Livonia build stickers in the door jambs, only the ones built in Michigan get those. just FYI

Looks great
Old 1/4/06, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@January 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
LOL..just noticed the plate,, thats funny

BTW..I notice your car is a sport, not a STG1 (nothin' wrong with that)

If you push Roush hard enough, you could get it documented as one, and then go from there.
You would get a stg1 emblem, and plaque. But I doubt theyll give you the Livonia build stickers in the door jambs, only the ones built in Michigan get those. just FYI

Yea i know that not wooried about a sticker on the door. In canada they are all built here at dealerships chepaper then shipping car to them. I prefer it being done here anyhow.

Looks great
Old 1/8/06, 01:23 PM
GT Member

here is the scanned warranty card that came with the kit to send in.

Old 1/8/06, 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, according to that you dont have a warrenty on yours because you did your own installation....

" Additionally, you must mail your paid serivce order installation receipt ( that identify's your VIN number and vehicle engine serial number) within 30 days of service order installation date identified on your installation receipt"
So this means we not only have to buy a $8,000 s/c but we have to give another $1K plus to have our local heehaw dealer install it to get the warrenty? Please elaborate....

Thanks, Doug.
Old 1/19/06, 10:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Doug904@January 8, 2006, 8:17 PM
Well, according to that you dont have a warrenty on yours because you did your own installation....

So this means we not only have to buy a $8,000 s/c but we have to give another $1K plus to have our local heehaw dealer install it to get the warrenty? Please elaborate....
Thanks, Doug.
I am a licensed mechanic and I have my own shop
Old 1/19/06, 10:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, but are you a Roush licensed shop or do they allow any shop to do it? I'm a Ford and ASE master in cars and medium/ heavy duty trucks with a 2 year Degree in auto tech but will they allow me to install it?

I'm not ansy or anything but I would love to get the word straight from Roush, I'll call sometime while I'm on the road tomorrow and see what they say.

I know at a dealer you can't replace a part that breaks at home and then take the old one back and get your money back if your cars under warrenty but rather you have to take it to a Ford Authorized Warrenty repair dealer. The place I work at isn't a Ford dealer but we are warrenty authorized and we get to attend the same training as the dealer techs.

If I bought this kit I wouldn't trust my local dealer to install it mainly because I know most of the techs there,hahaha.

Also I dont let anyone touch my car but me unless absolutly necessary. That's not the part that bugs me though, it's having to pay someone to install a part that I know I can myself to get the full warrenty, not to mention how much the dealer would get to do it.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 1/20/06, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok, here's the word from Roush's warrenty Department...

ANY Licenced autorepair shop can do the installation,not just a ford repair shop. You MUST have a 3rd party receipt for the installation in order for the warrenty to take affect. The reason for this is because the repair shop will be able to take responsibility for misinstallation.

Now with that said what it means to me is that Roush is looking to blame the installation facility for any damage that occurs to the engine. They also said you cannot install it yourself and keep the warrenty, you must have a receipt for installation. Now in the above example where he owns a shop I can see how he could get away with it but if not then you'll have to pay for installation to keep the warrenty.

Later Doug.
Old 1/25/06, 03:48 PM

Hi Paul, did that $7,300 include the dreaded GST? Also did you have any connections at the dealership that allowed you to get a better price than somebody walking in off the street?

I'm looking at getting a Roushcharger from a dealership in Edmonton and am wondering what my chances are at getting them to match the price you got.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 1/26/06, 01:02 PM
GT Member

[quote=Interceptor,January 25, 2006, 4:51 PM]
Hi Paul, did that $7,300 include the dreaded GST? Also did you have any connections at the dealership that allowed you to get a better price than somebody walking in off the street?

I'm looking at getting a Roushcharger from a dealership in Edmonton and am wondering what my chances are at getting them to match the price you got.

Thanks,

Mark
Im In Morinville just north of you. I got it from MGM ford in Reddeer I told them I would give them 7300. + gst for it and they acccepted the offer.
Old 1/27/06, 07:42 AM

Hi Paul, thanks for the information.

Quick Reply: Pics of Rousharger Install