GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics of Rousharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/06, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well we worked on a few last dtails today. We finished installing the air induction sytem and the modifird airbox. The air iinduction is well secured with brackets to mainfold

Old 1/1/06, 07:30 PM
GT Member

next we had to do some mods to the battery tray.This is to be able to mount the bypass solenoid and vacum resevoir. It is held onto battery tray with zip tyes.

Old 1/1/06, 07:31 PM
GT Member

We then installed the new pvc purge supplied in kit and the s/c bypas vac harness Then we put the pcm back in

Old 1/1/06, 07:32 PM
GT Member

We then installed the CMVC replicatror box. This device replicate those valves in the old intake system you seen earlier on. Basically fooling the p pcm to think it is still there

[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/toolttime/superchargerproject202.jp
g[/IMG]

We then installed the electric pump that circulates the water for intercooler. t mountes in the wheel well on the frame inon drivers side.

Old 1/1/06, 07:33 PM
GT Member

We we hooked up the battery put antifreeze back in and ------- ta da she do she's done

Old 1/1/06, 07:35 PM
GT Member

We then crossed our fingers ready to start turn the key and

She fired up and purred like a kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ahhhh! you gotta love the wine of a super chasrger when ya pin er. She run's perfect!!!!
Not a leak or anything to fix! great!!!!!!!!!!

MY son Derek and I hope some of you enjoyed this build and if ever you needs a few questions about contact us and we will try to help ya all

Thanks and anyone who is considering a roushcharger don't hesitate. The quality of the parts, instructions andhow it has the looks of a factory installed kit. The fact that it runs so good right out of the box you can't go wrong. It was a very easy install to do. lots of steps but not hard. I think anybody would enjoy doing this and to know how it all fits together.

Old 1/1/06, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Man that was nice, I am not real crazy about the intake tube running across the engine like that. It looks like a good way to get alot of heat in to the incommonig air of the supercharger. What are your thoughts?
Also what size is the MAF?
Old 1/1/06, 08:50 PM
GT Member

DUH is it the stock air box, never mind.
Old 1/1/06, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Nice job Paul! Have you taken her out for a run yet?
Old 1/1/06, 10:24 PM
GT Member

Cool

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 1, 2006, 10:37 PM
Wow. Nice job Paul! Have you taken her out for a run yet?
not till the spring my car don't like cold winter weather lol.
Old 1/1/06, 10:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by killo-11@January 1, 2006, 9:53 PM
DUH is it the stock air box, never mind.
With the roush kit you can not usa a cai I took my k&n off and reinstalled re modified air box as per their instructions. Hard to judge a kit if you don't do it exactly the way they want I feel actually look at hthe stock air box can't get any colder then that ya think. garnted the cai looks nicer but I don't think their is a benfit for performance if anything I think it causes problems espesually with the heat in engine compartment where they draw their a from.
Old 1/1/06, 10:41 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I have a request, actually two.....I would love to see dyno numbers on that and would also love to hear it, I am wondering if the old school muscle car sound is still there (you know the cool babababababa that it makes) since the roots style blowers replace the stock manifold. Any vids or sound clips of the car at idle, reving and motion would be greatly appreciate it.

other than that it looks bad ****, congrats.
Old 1/1/06, 10:55 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 1, 2006, 11:44 PM
I have a request, actually two.....I would love to see dyno numbers on that and would also love to hear it, I am wondering if the old school muscle car sound is still there (you know the cool babababababa that it makes) since the roots style blowers replace the stock manifold. Any vids or sound clips of the car at idle, reving and motion would be greatly appreciate it.

other than that it looks bad ****, congrats.
Yeah I will make a vid of it I like the sound of the Roush exhaust and the look at the rear with the rectangle exhaust tips

Old 1/1/06, 11:03 PM
Bullitt Member

nice looking kit thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Old 1/2/06, 07:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by toolttime@January 1, 2006, 11:27 PM
not till the spring my car don't like cold winter weather lol.

I thought my wait for springtime was bad...I can't imagine yours!! Congrats on the install!
Old 1/2/06, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by toolttime@January 2, 2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah I will make a vid of it I like the sound of the Roush exhaust and the look at the rear with the rectangle exhaust tips

Exceeltn write up and thanks for taking the time to post everything. I dig that licence plate
Old 1/2/06, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am curious of the cost and where you got the kit. I am in Victoria, so as you know being a fellow Canadian getting stuff from the States can be expensive.

I will add to the comments for posting all the pictures and doing the write up. That takes time.

I was seriously considering getting a Vortech, but this looks like a pretty nice kit.
Old 1/2/06, 10:09 AM
Big Falken Tires

Man, SWEET writeup and GREAT pictures and documenting the entire process. You rock bro!

I was not previously that nuts about the Roush charger - but the apparent ease of install and the quality and packing of the parts has definitely gotten some repsect from me now.
Old 1/2/06, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by cop on my back@January 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
I am curious of the cost and where you got the kit. I am in Victoria, so as you know being a fellow Canadian getting stuff from the States can be expensive.

I will add to the comments for posting all the pictures and doing the write up. That takes time.

I was seriously considering getting a Vortech, but this looks like a pretty nice kit.
I actually got the car from Key west ford in New Westminister B.C.They are a roush dealer you could get it from them. I bought the kit from MGM Ford in ReddeerAlberta for 7300

I tell ya I looked at alot of em. Procharger wa my next choice. The thing that I didn't like was problems lots were having. I wamted a drivable everyday car( except winter or rainy weather lol ). If I was into the drag racing scene I would go the other way. But I tell you everting was so perfect itwas like it came from Ford themselvesand it looks like a factory install not a adddon. Me I kinda like the clean look to it.
Old 1/2/06, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by MTAS@January 2, 2006, 8:52 AM
Exceeltn write up and thanks for taking the time to post everything. I dig that licence plate
I was 50 when I bought the car and my wife would tell her freinds I was going through "Manopoz" So my three son got me this for fathers day.I get lots of comments on it.

Quick Reply: Pics of Rousharger Install