GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

performance chip tuning and cold air intake .

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/12, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance chip tuning and cold air intake .

06 GT , wondering who is the top chip/tuning program on the market and whats the best cold air intake to run. Car is completely stock.yet has been to about 146 on the highway(crazy) . Thanks v/r
Old 2/1/12, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sick of these stupid threads... My friend search... Or scroll down lol

But to answer your question if I could do it all over again (sct/jlt) I'd go w sct/steeda and would have steeda shoot u a tune
Old 2/1/12, 03:03 PM

Thanks man. I'll definitely research it
Old 2/1/12, 03:15 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brvlp
Thanks man. I'll definitely research it
Welcome to the forum
Old 2/1/12, 04:46 PM
GT Member

i've heard great things about the air raid/bama tunes combination. supposedly good for over 30 hp. i think american muscle even does some sort of combination package if i'm not mistaken, as i looked into it a while back. still haven't decided what i will move forward with either, but hoping to do it this spring.
Old 2/2/12, 05:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by silversky545
I'm sick of these stupid threads... My friend search... Or scroll down lol

But to answer your question if I could do it all over again (sct/jlt) I'd go w sct/steeda and would have steeda shoot u a tune

Old 2/2/12, 07:22 PM
GT Member

i have a quick question that someone may be able to quickly answer...i've been looking at the SCT SF3/X3 tuner for my '05 gt, and i'm curious about the functionality of it and the way it works. what i mean is, say i swap mygears out for 3.73 and change tire size, am i able to reconfigure the computer so my speedometer works properly? i think that answer is a yes, but was hoping someone else can confirm that.
Old 2/2/12, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JerryG2163
i have a quick question that someone may be able to quickly answer...i've been looking at the SCT SF3/X3 tuner for my '05 gt, and i'm curious about the functionality of it and the way it works. what i mean is, say i swap mygears out for 3.73 and change tire size, am i able to reconfigure the computer so my speedometer works properly? i think that answer is a yes, but was hoping someone else can confirm that.
Yes, but there is more to it... I sent you my number via pm... Call me an we can talk about your questions and my tb... I'll see if I can help
Old 2/2/12, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
BRvip,

Here is another forum member on Stangnet that had this to say if you are still questioning which tune to get. This is true forum feedback...

Steeda vs. Bama?... No question, Steeda all the way.

Long story short, ordered the SCT & tune from Steeda based on a recommendation here. Ran it for awhile and decided to order the Bama tunes ($150) to see if I could get any more out of the car. The first set of tunes from Bama had problems, my transmission would drop out of gear on a kick down (the car lost all power and bogged down). Called bama, got 3 more tunes... loaded them, weather turned to crap so the car sat, a few weeks later I decided to drive the car on a short trip and it happened twice (once in front of other cars while trying to merge into traffic). Called again, was told to remove the race tune and try a performance tune, car did it again! They wrote one more tune... this time I didn't even get to the highway from my house and it did it. At this point, I figured we wasted enough of each others time... I called again and asked for my money back.

The employee's at Bama where very nice and told me they refunded the money to my card (haven't checked yet, but I will on the next statement). Every time I called, they seemed willing to work with me to solve the problem... but my car is my baby... its not a test vehicle. With that said, I honestly don't think bama knows the auto tranny 5.0's as well as they should.

Back to the Steeda tune... Its nice and aggressive. Haven't had one problem with the 92 tune that they wrote. It seems like the car pulls harder on top, but maybe lacks some of the bottom end power that Bama had... which perhaps doesn't matter much since the stock Pirelli's can't find traction anyways...lol. I believe it was Todd that I've dealt with at Steeda... super nice guy.

I know its taboo to post other forums links, but just in case you wanted to see for yourself....

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...-tunes.852300/

Thanks

TJ
Old 2/3/12, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brvlp
06 GT , wondering who is the top chip/tuning program on the market and whats the best cold air intake to run. Car is completely stock.yet has been to about 146 on the highway(crazy) . Thanks v/r
I have the SCT tuner with Bama tunes from AM. I'm completely satisfied. Makes an obviously noticeable difference. I also trusted their tunes with my cam install (***** thumprs). Two weeks and not even a single hiccup. Not sure if they're the best but theyre **** good.