GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Paxton 2200 Supercharger Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/08, 10:08 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Reminisce
Thats sweet, does the vortech sound like that too? I think i fell in love with the 2200 simply because of that sound and the bypass valve
The vortech should sound pretty similar but i'm not to sure about that. Tom218 has the vortech, he should know...
Old 1/19/08, 10:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats sweet, does the vortech sound like that too? I think i fell in love with the 2200 simply because of that sound and the bypass valve
I haven't read the parts list, but the Vortech kit uses a Bosch bypass valve. Since Vortech owns Paxton, I am almost positive they use the same valve.
Old 1/19/08, 10:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
I haven't read the parts list, but the Vortech kit uses a Bosch bypass valve. Since Vortech owns Paxton, I am almost positive they use the same valve.
Well Jason, you have the vortech, Does it sound like that?
Old 1/19/08, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
Well Jason, you have the vortech, Does it sound like that?
It's very similar. My exhaust is louder than that guys and I've never taped the car outside. That recording device captured the sound very nicely.
Old 1/19/08, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Adam did you mention what boost numbers you are running?

You have to give me the scoop, are you thrilled you went with Centri over the TS? How is daily driving?

Im still VERY unsure about which I ultimately want to end up with, I think Im going to try to get a ride in one car with a centri and one with a TS.

How is are your rear tires and your Right foot handling all the new found power?
Old 1/19/08, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah thats what I would think to, but most of the videos I've seen of Vortech V2s, they dont sound anywhere near like the Paxtons I've heard. Vortech's seem quieter, and you mostly hear just motor. But that video above and a couple others i've googled, you hear the swoosh sound and the bypass whobbles when you let off the throttle. It almost sounds like the Paxton uses a bypass with a horn on it, and I just love it .
Old 1/19/08, 12:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Adam did you mention what boost numbers you are running?

You have to give me the scoop, are you thrilled you went with Centri over the TS? How is daily driving?

Im still VERY unsure about which I ultimately want to end up with, I think Im going to try to get a ride in one car with a centri and one with a TS.

How is are your rear tires and your Right foot handling all the new found power?

If and most likely when I get a mustang in the future I am going to put the exact same blower on it I have riding in a t/s superchargerd mustang and both the centri and t/s are fun and make great power but the t/s just don't make the sound this blower makes. It may sound dumb but i just love the exotic sound of this blower and the way the power comes in. Say your just crusin in 2nd gear at like 2.5k. Punch the gas and it's like your just crusin and then when the blower kicks in at like 3-3.5k it puts your head in the seat and all you hear is this sucking sound, then when you hit the redline and shift you get the bypass whobble ( just like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p88Fu...eature=related) then you hit the next gear and you get the sucking sound then redline- shift - whobble. It's pretty dam cool. It was everything that I expected!!! Great power, great sound, and great driveability. I think if I didn't add the lca's I would def have traction problems because when I just had the cai/tune in without the lca's I had problems hooking up in first gear and while shifting into second. Now with the lca's and the added 100+ hp the car is planted to the ground. No more hopping around at wot in first gear. I can't believe how a simple mod like the lca's could cure suck an annoying problem. I think it's a combonation of all three ( lowering springs, shocks/struts, and lca's) working together that have helped gat rid of the wheel hop problem. If i missed anything or you have anymore questions just let me know
Old 1/19/08, 12:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yeah thats what I would think to, but most of the videos I've seen of Vortech V2s, they dont sound anywhere near like the Paxtons I've heard. Vortech's seem quieter, and you mostly hear just motor. But that video above and a couple others i've googled, you hear the swoosh sound and the bypass whobbles when you let off the throttle. It almost sounds like the Paxton uses a bypass with a horn on it, and I just love it .
I think the Paxton 2200 is bigger than the vortech v2 or it can support more hp than the vortech. I'm not too sure about that but it's something like that. Maybe that's why it's louder
Old 1/19/08, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay, I found the difference. Both the Vortech and Paxton use the same Bosch bypass. The difference is that the HO Paxton kit uses 2.
Old 1/19/08, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the Paxton 2200 is bigger than the vortech v2 or it can support more hp than the vortech. I'm not too sure about that but it's something like that. Maybe that's why it's louder

Yeah that may be it. I think the 2200 is the equivalent of the vortech T-trim, which is made to handle a lot more power, whereas the 1200 and the S trim are made to handle up to 650. I could be wrong though. I'm still in love with that sound like you are!
Old 1/19/08, 01:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Okay, I found the difference. Both the Vortech and Paxton use the same Bosch bypass. The difference is that the HO Paxton kit uses 2.
Well that makes sense. I did not know that, nice find.
Old 1/19/08, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

AHA! Thanks!
Old 1/19/08, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Everything you guys are saying about these two blowers is correct.

I don't think my Vortech setup quite matches that video in volume but it has the same sound characteristics. I can say when I went from the 3.8" to 3.33" pulley the whine got noticeably louder at idle and low throttle.
Old 1/19/08, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I like how my Vortech is quiet. It's a bit of a sleeper setup. Though my car isn't much of a sleeper with the gauges and exhaust.
Old 1/19/08, 03:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I like how my Vortech is quiet. It's a bit of a sleeper setup. Though my car isn't much of a sleeper with the gauges and exhaust.
Hey Jason, Got any pics of your setup
Old 1/19/08, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

Just cruising around not building much if any boost how loud is the blower?

What about just sitting there idling?
Old 1/19/08, 03:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Just cruising around not building much if any boost how loud is the blower?

What about just sitting there idling?
At idle I can hear the whistle if i am really listening for it. When crusing and shifting at 2.5-3k I can hear the bypass valve pushing the air. It's not loud but I can hear it. This is also with the windows down. With the windows up I cannot hear the whislte and can hear the bypass a little bit.
Old 1/21/08, 07:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Kinda off topic, how does the prochamber work with the stingers? more drone, trumpeting? I just ordered a prochamber and mac l/t's. Just wondering about new mufflers.
Old 1/21/08, 07:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Kinda off topic, how does the prochamber work with the stingers? more drone, trumpeting? I just ordered a prochamber and mac l/t's. Just wondering about new mufflers.
The stingers and prochamber were meant to be I think. I put my stock cats back on because it got a little too noisy. Didn't add drone or trumpeting. Are you getting highflow cats? I think mac lt's, prochamber, and stingers would sound sooooooo good!!! I would have already had the lt's if it weren't for cali regs...
Old 1/21/08, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The stingers and prochamber were meant to be I think. I put my stock cats back on because it got a little too noisy. Didn't add drone or trumpeting. Are you getting highflow cats? I think mac lt's, prochamber, and stingers would sound sooooooo good!!! I would have already had the lt's if it weren't for cali regs...
I have just the MAC L/Ts, O/R Prochamber and looking for at some point or another Stingers(used). They were shipped today from Brenspeed

Quick Reply: Paxton 2200 Supercharger Installed!!!