GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Part number for FRPP front sway bar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/09, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Part number for FRPP front sway bar bushings

Can KC, or any other person or vendor, tell me if there is a separate part number for the front sway bar bushings for either the FRPP M-5490-A or the Eibach 35101-310 front sway bar package? The part looks to be possibly an Energy Suspension part that is used by FRPP and Eibach and looks like this:
Attached Images  
Old 1/9/09, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's them... And I would recommend NOT using them. We've had multiple sets break. The bracket is not up to the task of dealing with the want of the bar wanting to move up and down. The bracket cracks and then breaks open, leaving you suddenly with no front roll stiffness. What's worse, if you happen to break both at the same time the whole swaybar will just drop on the ground and bad things could happen.

I immeditately upgrade to the Steeda Aluminum brackets on all my customers cars with 35mm front bars. I've even started stocking them.
Old 1/10/09, 02:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, here is my challenge; in another thread I started called "My experience with Tillman Speed and Granatelli" I have an ongoing saga involving a sway bar purchase I made through Tillman of a set of Granatelli sway bars. As it turns out, Granatelli sells two different sets. One set is more expensive and is described on their web site. The second set, the one I received, is not described there and is a mix of different parts including a copy of the Eibach sway bar design coupled with the hardware used on the more expensive Granatelli bars. However, what happened was that I received a wider front bushing than would fit on the front bars and therefore I could not install them. As it turns out, the collars on the bars that Granatelli apparently has made just for them have a half inch wide collar that precludes the use of their normal bushings, and now apparently even the Ford or Energy Suspension bushings as well. Granatelli sent me a set of bushings that had been milled out to accomodate the wide collars. Below are pictures of them. As you can see, the milling of the bushings to facilitate the wider collars has thinned out certain parts of the bushings. I am not happy with this design at all and had planned on finding a better set to go with the sway bars that I have. However, since my post, I have found out that the collars are wider than the FRPP/Eibach bars and so even the Ford, Eibach, or Energy Suspension bushings are not going to fit either. Thank you though for provding me information on them. I now have to decide if I want a set of sway bars that has to have custom bushings forever and cannot use a billet bracket.
Attached Thumbnails Part number for FRPP front sway bar bushings-bushings-1.jpg   Part number for FRPP front sway bar bushings-bushings-2.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 5/6/10, 12:08 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Gt/Cs - did you ever resolve your problem?