GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

PA automatics Deep Panand stick $425 shipped! Till 1/26'

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/07, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA automatics Deep Pan and dipstick $425 shipped! Till 1/26'

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get in with PA automatics so I need to get some pans sold. I know we have a good amount of auto's here and I wanted to offer this to you.

$425 for the Deep transmission pan WITH STICK! These are listed on the PA site for well over $600. I can only offer this price until Friday, although there's no real required amount of guys I need, the less that buy now the less I'll have on a CC, I would love to see 8 sold. After Friday the price wil have to go up as I even hear that PA's normal price may go up since these are such a hot item.

As shown in the pictures they dont hang down any lower then the frame rails. This pan will hold 4 additional quarts of fluid and have been tested and shown to reduce trans fluid temps by 20 degree's. Not to mention you can actually CHECK your fluid level and color.

This is with FREE SHIPPING and for the size this saves you $20-$30 alone.

Please let me know if you want in on this and I'll put a place for it on my site too.

Thanks, Doug.
Attached Thumbnails PA automatics Deep Panand stick 5 shipped! Till 1/26'-null_trans-pan-008.jpg   PA automatics Deep Panand stick 5 shipped! Till 1/26'-null_trans-pan-007.jpg   PA automatics Deep Panand stick 5 shipped! Till 1/26'-null_trans-pan-005.jpg  
Old 1/22/07, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Guess I need to pull $425 bones out of my azz............
Old 1/22/07, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

that car looks strangely familiar
really guys i've had mine for about 6 months now and i love it! if you have a stall converter or you are planing on doing one this is a must. my trans temps never vary more than 20degrees( even after 7 rounds of competition!). our cars already have a cooler so this is another way to ensure the life of your trans.
and like he said you can actually service the trans yourself without any goofy pumps and crap.
it's awesome
Old 1/22/07, 11:33 PM
Cobra R Member

I understand the need for deep pan etc for racing keep temps down and what not, but how can they get away with charging 400-700 dollars for a freaking transmission pan and dipstick tube. I guess I dont know much about these things, but my god that is rediculous. Its a pan, geeeeesssssssseeeeeeeee.
Old 1/23/07, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
I understand the need for deep pan etc for racing keep temps down and what not, but how can they get away with charging 400-700 dollars for a freaking transmission pan and dipstick tube. I guess I dont know much about these things, but my god that is rediculous. Its a pan, geeeeesssssssseeeeeeeee.
I think most companies these days are counting on higher cost and less volume rather than higher volume and less cost. Get rich quick or take advantage of the market/situation.

Then there is always disposable income
Old 1/23/07, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got to agree with Sodaman on this one. I have an auto and would be interested but not at this price. I believe a smart guy could take the stock pan, cut the bottom out of it, weld up an extension with a drain and also mock up a dipstick for a whole bunch less. Price needs to come down somehow. Is that pan made from cast aluminum? If so, that is why it is so expensive. Trust me somebody out there will make a welded sheet metal pan sooner or later for a bunch less.
Scott
Old 1/23/07, 03:32 PM
FR500 Member

How can they get away with charging 400-700 dollars for a freaking transmission pan and dipstick tube.
Because nobody else is making one! That's why
Old 1/23/07, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Doug,
Got a suggestion for you. Suppose you were to find a local fabricator that could modify our stock pans via a welded insert, with a drain and a dipstick. We would have a core charge on our stock pans that we would have to send to you for the modded pans. Not a big deal how they look as who will ever see them. Now if you can get this done for about $200-$250 shipped we got something to talk about. Is it possible???
Scott
Old 1/23/07, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

you also have to factor in the amount of r&d that went into the design and manufacturing of these items. (these transmissions are very sensitive to fluid levels) i know how long it took..they used my car. also most of the 05-up GT's are stick shift cars. at least the ones being heavily modified. they know that they aren't going to sell 250K units like the C4 pan so the foundry charges more for a limited run. i think considering the prices we have to pay for a single UCA or a freakin' air cleaner this is a decent priced unit at $425. i was actually very surprised how cheap they are selling them. i really thought it would be over $500.
Old 1/23/07, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

well i remember subzero talking about one also, I think b&m is doing one, but i am not sure how much those will be or if there available yet, but i just cant justify spending 400-700 bucks for a metal pan and tube. They are getting over on the 05+ mustangers just cause its a new item. I'll wait till they come down a lot. Nothing against doug, hes a cool cat, I am sure his hands are tied on how much these are selling for. Maybe I need to go into business on pans, LOL. later all
Old 1/23/07, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

well i remember subzero talking about one also, I think b&m is doing one, but i am not sure how much those will be or if there available yet, but i just cant justify spending 400-700 bucks for a metal pan and tube. They are getting over on the 05+ mustangers just cause its a new item. I'll wait till they come down a lot. Nothing against doug, hes a cool cat, I am sure his hands are tied on how much these are selling for. Maybe I need to go into business on pans, LOL. later all
it is cast aluminum not steel. yeah dougs a great guy. i know what deal they have going right now for the vendors and nobody except the metal foundry is making a whole lot on these. there is another company making one but it doesn't have a dipstick. i don't remember who it was though.
Old 1/24/07, 09:48 AM
Banned

This is a Cast Aluminum pan and each one comes with the dipstick. It is a completly new peice. This pan also has a drain plug in it.

I've seen posts about guys upset about not having a dipstick in the pan or even the filling procedure. The main reason I want this pan is when I do install my torque converter I will be able to refill the transmission myself and even check the fluid level a week after to ensure that its at its proper marks. Also I can check the condition of the fluid instead of having to rely on quicky lube or a Ford dealer who doesn't have the tool to put fluid in it.

The key to long transmission life is GOOD fluid and low tranmission tempertures.

Just a little side note about this, if your dealer doesn't have the tools then I would try another dealer, if available. This transmission has been out for nearly 5 years now in other vehicles like Explorer's, Lincoln LS's, and T-bird's and so has the tool and procedures.

I thought the responce to this would be greater, I've sold three of them, but it looks like I'll have some on the shelf, hahhaa.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 1/24/07, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
This is a Cast Aluminum pan and each one comes with the dipstick. It is a completly new peice. This pan also has a drain plug in it.

I've seen posts about guys upset about not having a dipstick in the pan or even the filling procedure. The main reason I want this pan is when I do install my torque converter I will be able to refill the transmission myself and even check the fluid level a week after to ensure that its at its proper marks. Also I can check the condition of the fluid instead of having to rely on quicky lube or a Ford dealer who doesn't have the tool to put fluid in it.

The key to long transmission life is GOOD fluid and low tranmission tempertures.

Just a little side note about this, if your dealer doesn't have the tools then I would try another dealer, if available. This transmission has been out for nearly 5 years now in other vehicles like Explorer's, Lincoln LS's, and T-bird's and so has the tool and procedures.

I thought the responce to this would be greater, I've sold three of them, but it looks like I'll have some on the shelf, hahhaa.

Thanks, Doug.
doug you are on the wrong forum. go to modularfords.com it's a bit more technical. i've found really good stuff there and a lot of guys who know their stuff when i have a question.
not bashing this one it's just different. thats why i go on three forums. each one has something to offer.
Old 1/25/07, 12:10 AM
Cobra R Member

I completely understand why these are useful, filling, draining, checking etc. Thats not the point I was making. This is a great item for sure. Just cant get past the metal pan and tube for a price like that. I am sure down the road once I have exhausted more needed mods, I may do this, but thats going to be a ways away in which case hopefully they are cheaper by then. As far as the wrong forum, no hes in the right place. more technical? What are you saying? We are stupid or something? I dont know about you but I was a certified master mechanic for over 8 years and countless years of working on cars not being certified. So not sure what to say to comments like that. good luck
Old 1/25/07, 09:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I started off saying I agreed with Sodaman and I guess I'll say it again. Spyder... Maybe the guys on the "other forum" just have more money than us poor smucks here. I also FULLY understand the technical advantages to the larger pan, drain plug and dip stick. It is the price we have issue with and only the price. In time someone will offer a welded sheet metal pan at a much reduced price and I can wait. Again, I think it's a great product it just costs to much.
Scott
Old 1/25/07, 09:51 AM
GT Member

In time someone will offer a welded sheet metal pan at a much reduced price and I can wait.
One thing that I think you're missing here is that it's cast aluminum for a reason. Aluminum dissipates heat MUCH faster than steel. If you notice in the pics, this pan even has built in heat sink fins to help dissipate the heat even faster. That's why they are able to get the lower fluid temps. If you were to make this same pan in steel, or just extend the stockers, you're probably not going to get the same performance heat-release wise.

Sure, cast aluminum is more expensive. But, in this case, it's the best choice for the job.
Old 1/25/07, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Nope... I noticed it was cast aluminum. And I know that adds to the price. I still believe a weld pan (maybe aluminum) will come to market soon at a better price. And yes aluminum dissapates heat better but the increased volume of trans fluid is reducing heat also. Don't forget our cars have trans coolers that are doing most of the work.
Old 1/25/07, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doug904

Thanks, Doug.
I had already placed an order with another vendor for the PA deal or I would have ordered from you.

Earl
P.S. you should think about a turbo instead of superchaging.