GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

O/R Prochamber owners.........

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 1, 2006, 7:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I found the offroad prochamber that I think you're talking about for $285. Check it out: here
The FRPP stingers are on backorder at RPMoutlet until April, atleast that's what I've been told.
[/b][/quote]

That's nice. I notice that they don't happen to mention that on the order page [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Well, so much for me pulling this stuff in quickly. I'll see what I can dig up...otherwise, it'll be exhaust AND a few other goodies at one swoop [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 06:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 1, 2006, 4:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I found the offroad prochamber that I think you're talking about for $285. Check it out: here
The FRPP stingers are on backorder at RPMoutlet until April, atleast that's what I've been told.
[/b][/quote]

That's the prochamber that I have and it's bolt's to the stock cat's, the offroad version has the long offroad legs. I ordered the frpp stingers from John Bleakley ford and I got an email saying they are on backorder until April 4th. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 06:15 PM
Cobra Member

BTW, thanks for the Prochamber link. Purchased and paid within a few minutes of your post. I love my PP account.

Hey, anyone know how the Flowmasters sound with the PC like I just purchased?
Old 3/1/06, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 8:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
BTW, thanks for the Prochamber link. Purchased and paid within a few minutes of your post. I love my PP account.[/b][/quote]

No problem man......glad to help. Paypal is great; I wish more places accepted terms thru PP.
Old 3/2/06, 05:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 8:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
BTW, thanks for the Prochamber link. Purchased and paid within a few minutes of your post. I love my PP account.

Hey, anyone know how the Flowmasters sound with the PC like I just purchased?
[/b][/quote]

Did you buy the o/r Prochamber?? If so, I was running an o/r Prochamber with Flowmasters and it sounded ok.....but then again its all just a matter of preference. I will tell you though, I have the o/r h-pipe from Brenspeed and the Flows sound A LOT deeper than they did with the Prochamber. The Prochamber made it sound exotic, but it didnt sound too bad.....and yes, it trumpeted. So does my h-pipe, but I am living with it.
Old 3/2/06, 06:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ March 1, 2006, 7:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Aaron,
I have not seen the prochamber any cheaper than $300. Think that is as good as it gets. How far are you from Richmond?? I am 40 miles and can see a road trip in my future!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Scott
[/b][/quote]

Hey Scott-

Are you 40 miles from Richmond, Indiana? I would love to see your CDC shaker setup.
Old 3/2/06, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holeshot @ March 2, 2006, 7:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Did you buy the o/r Prochamber?? If so, I was running an o/r Prochamber with Flowmasters and it sounded ok.....but then again its all just a matter of preference. I will tell you though, I have the o/r h-pipe from Brenspeed and the Flows sound A LOT deeper than they did with the Prochamber. The Prochamber made it sound exotic, but it didnt sound too bad.....and yes, it trumpeted. So does my h-pipe, but I am living with it.
[/b][/quote]

I got the #2105- it bolts to the factory cats, and I hope to go from there to FRPP "Stingers", or I may suck it up and go with the Borla branded ones, but it's tough to justify an extra $100+ for the exact same part.
Old 3/2/06, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

if anyone is interested, i have the offroad legs for the prochamber that i dont need no more. just pm me if your interested. prefer someone in the LA area
Old 3/2/06, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 2, 2006, 8:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Scott-

Are you 40 miles from Richmond, Indiana? I would love to see your CDC shaker setup.
[/b][/quote]

Tom281,
Yes, I am 40 east of Richmond Ind. in Springfield ,Ohio. The CDC shaker is awesome and I successfully hooked it up to my C&L heat shroud last nite. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Scott
Old 3/2/06, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ March 2, 2006, 6:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Tom281,
Yes, I am 40 east of Richmond Ind. in Springfield ,Ohio. The CDC shaker is awesome and I successfully hooked it up to my C&L heat shroud last nite. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Scott
[/b][/quote]

I know where Springfield is....... I have a friend that works there. If I'm ever in the area, I'll look you up.

To everyone else: I've decided to keep my Pypes offroad H instead of trying the prochamber. I just finished installing my Corsa system, and the trumpeting is all but gone!! And no drone as advertised!!! Deep, loud, looks great imo..... I am in love! Costly system, yes. But all together in my exhaust I have $750, about what I'd have for a great catback and hipo catted midpipe combined. I'll probably sleep in the shop tonight........
Old 3/2/06, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 2, 2006, 7:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know where Springfield is....... I have a friend that works there. If I'm ever in the area, I'll look you up.

To everyone else: I've decided to keep my Pypes offroad H instead of trying the prochamber. I just finished installing my Corsa system, and the trumpeting is all but gone!! And no drone as advertised!!! Deep, loud, looks great imo..... I am in love! Costly system, yes. But all together in my exhaust I have $750, about what I'd have for a great catback and hipo catted midpipe combined. I'll probably sleep in the shop tonight........
[/b][/quote]

Please do!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 2, 2006, 4:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got the #2105- it bolts to the factory cats, and I hope to go from there to FRPP "Stingers", or I may suck it up and go with the Borla branded ones, but it's tough to justify an extra $100+ for the exact same part.
[/b][/quote]

If you have the prochamber that is in-line with the factory cats...then you wont have the trumpeting issue. It will probably sound pretty killer with that and the Flows!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ March 2, 2006, 7:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

So the Corsa axlebacks eliminate the trumpeting? hmm....that sounds promising! Keep us posted, or if you can, could you make some sound clips??
Old 3/3/06, 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 2, 2006, 4:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Might want to see if the shop will weld it on there, if you prefer. The shop near me only charged me $60 (1hr labor) to weld it up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Also, beware that MAC's QC isn't as great as you might think for a $300 part [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] The shop had to beat on it and make several trims to the area where the flow tubes connect to the ProChamber to get the tips to line up in the openings in the bumper.
Old 3/3/06, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTAS @ March 3, 2006, 9:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Might want to see if the shop will weld it on there, if you prefer. The shop near me only charged me $60 (1hr labor) to weld it up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Also, beware that MAC's QC isn't as great as you might think for a $300 part [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] The shop had to beat on it and make several trims to the area where the flow tubes connect to the ProChamber to get the tips to line up in the openings in the bumper.
[/b][/quote]

I expect as much. As an MOF, the shop I use for exhaust has said that the only kit they've gotten that fit correctly was the Magnapacks that I had on my 2002 GT. They mostly do custom bends for old muscle cars, street rods, etc- but they do good work. I'm also thinking about painting the thing with black grill paint/buckstove paint because of the crappy metal used to make them.