GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Newbie suspension advice.

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/08, 10:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
bumpsteer kit or the steeda x 5 ball joints???? I went with the bumpsteer and that smoothed everything out
Your right Glenn The bump steer kit will correct most noticeable issue's that one will have with lowered Stang's as far as front end geometry!.........
Old 2/2/08, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Great info guys, and thanks for helping me figure things out!

I like the gear and the price of the Saleen package (never thought I'd be saying that about the price of a Saleen anything), but for springs, shocks and a swaybar it doesn't seem like you can beat it for $799.

Anyone with experience know if the Saleen shocks are close to comparable to Tokico D-Specs?

Also, to clarify, do you agree that you need ball joints AND bumpsteer to set things to rights when I drop an inch? I just want to know what I need to plan on so I can take it in to do everything at once (never worked a suspension before and I'd like it to be done right).
Old 2/2/08, 12:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Great info guys, and thanks for helping me figure things out!

I like the gear and the price of the Saleen package (never thought I'd be saying that about the price of a Saleen anything), but for springs, shocks and a swaybar it doesn't seem like you can beat it for $799.

Anyone with experience know if the Saleen shocks are close to comparable to Tokico D-Specs?

Also, to clarify, do you agree that you need ball joints AND bumpsteer to set things to rights when I drop an inch? I just want to know what I need to plan on so I can take it in to do everything at once (never worked a suspension before and I'd like it to be done right).
I wouldn't worry! install the Saleen kit and the go from there.Saleen installs that same package on there $80.000 modified Stangs without the ball joints and bump steer kit Try it out, if you have some issues then go from there. Like you said your not setting your car up for Pro auto cross.....
Old 2/2/08, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sweet, sounds good. I'll warm up my credit card.
Old 2/4/08, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Just an FYI, D-Specs are adjustable. Saleen's aren't. That is a main reason for the price difference.
Old 2/4/08, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
I wouldn't worry! install the Saleen kit and the go from there.Saleen installs that same package on there $80.000 modified Stangs without the ball joints and bump steer kit Try it out, if you have some issues then go from there. Like you said your not setting your car up for Pro auto cross.....
I agree!! I think once you start droping more than an inch, that is when you would need to look at the bump steer kit. Mine is dropped 1.4 rear and 1.3 front.
Old 2/6/08, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could some of you post some pictures of your cars with the ultralites vs. the Saleen kit just for a comparison?

Thanks, Mackitraz for starting this thread. I'm in the same boat trying to decide what to do about lowering my car (if I ever decide to).