GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Saleen SC on the way....

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still that's like an 85 hp increase (assuming base Mustang GT has about 260 hp), which is awesome. Maybe you should get the 8 lb pulley along with the new MAF? Sucks you haven't driven it yet, I'm very eager to hear driving impressions.
Old 1/13/06, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Well,

I found some info on another board that indicates that the Vaccum lines may not be hooked up the best way.

I'll discuss it with the dealer....

P.S. Completely stock it made about 250hp at the rear wheels, so it added right at 100hp....
Old 1/14/06, 06:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You can use the C&L meter housing and that will support upto around 425rwhp..then add a Mafia mass air extender and you'llbe good until your fuel pump wiring gives up.

Later Doug.
Old 1/14/06, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

i have the c&l intake on my car, so i should be good with the MAF. where do i get the 39lb injectors? i am going to have them put on, while they are doing the blower. this way, when i want to upgrade the pulley, everything will be all set. i think the 8lb boost pulley should be safe for a daily driver, as long as i have the injectors. i already got my SOS gauge pod, and my DEFI a/f and boost gauges. cant wait to get the tax check!
Old 1/14/06, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

where do i get the 39lb injectors
You want to get a set of Cobra 39lb injectors. There are a lot of them on the used ( ie EBAY )

Here is a link to a link that shows you where you can get a used set....

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mu...tors-42075.html
Old 1/15/06, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

on a side note, what is up with these procharger ads saying 540 hp on a stock 3v??? 10lbs of boost. how can they advertise that when they know its gonna grenade the motor?
Old 1/15/06, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

The ads are definately misleading. I've read them too and wondered the same thing. A Procharger might get you that much hp at the crank, but for how long? They are just promoting numbers and not informing you on the front end that you might need a new engine the next week. I'm sold on reliability.
Old 1/15/06, 11:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

yep this is why im going with the saleen with the 39lbs.
Old 2/2/06, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Well,

Here is an update on m car. I added a Diablo MAF.ia MAF extender last week and had the car retuned on Feb 1st. This solved the MAF pegging problem and added a little more hp and torque. My tuner also adjusted the trans program so that the car is drivable again. It shifts well except for the 2-3 shift. This one need more work. It looks like the drive by wire system pulls back too much throttle between shifts. My tuner needs a software update to make the necessary changes, so it looks like another wait to get the car finnished.

It made about 350hp and 350ft-lb of torque on a fairly conservative tune. This is equates to about a 110-120hp boost from stock. I was a little dissipointed in the numbers, but the car does feel stronger than that. My tuner pulled the car in 3rd gear on the dyno, so that may affect the hp numbers a little. I could probably get 10-15 more hp if I installed a CAI with a 90mm MAF. However, I wanted to retain the factory look under the hood. Since it has the stock ( 4psi ) pulley, I can always go with a 6-8lb pulley if I want more hp...

With the exception of the 2-3 shift at moderate to full throttle, the car shifts well and is well behaved under normal driving conditions. The 2-3 even shifts well at less then say 1/2 throttle. If you drive in a normal manner, you can barly tell it has a S/C. However, if ou turn off the traction controll and hit the throttle, it gets a lot meaner and harder to handle...( i.e. more fun )

All in all, the results are ok. However, for the money, I would recomend the KB blower over the Saleen. Althought KB does not offer a tune for the Auto, so you will have to rely on a local tuner. I have a good tuner, but he does not currently have much experiance with the 05/06 automatics and these boys are very tricky to program in higher hp applications.

I also found a puddle of fluid under the car after the last drive. I think it is a little over flow of the intercooler fluid as it was right at the top of the threads in the reserve taink when cold. The fluid was nearly clear and felt like a very light weight oil. I went over the car with a strong light and could not find any obvious leaks...

I started this project back in Nov. 2005 so you can tell I am getting a little tired of the delays. I hope that this next tuning session will solve all of the remaining issues and I don't feel like waiting another week to get is done.

Anyway, that is how the project is going... ( less than 200miles in the last two months.... I am starting to have withdraw symptoms )
Old 2/2/06, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear things are progessing! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sranger @ February 2, 2006, 4:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> However, for the money, I would recomend the KB blower over the Saleen. Althought KB does not offer a tune for the Auto[/b][/quote]
And I believe KB is working on getting a tune for the auto. But, a custom tune is all that's available at the moment.
Old 2/2/06, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

Hang in there Jeff! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] You might want to check your inter cooler cap. I have heard of there being some problems with the cap leaking...Might want to put another gasket in there.