GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Saleen SC on the way....

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/05, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,

After reading everything I could on all of the new Superchargers for the 05, I decided to go with the Saleen SC. I placed the order about a week ago, and I am now playing the wating game.

It is not quite as powerfull as the Procharger & Vortec, but it seems to be more streetable in that it produces its hp at lower boost levels. Hopefully it will put less stress on the engine/trans as well. The tuner said 350-380rwhp is possible with the auto, but I will probably have him put the tune on the safe side vs max power, so I figure about 350rwhp is a reasonable expectation.

I could probably do the install myself, but decided to let a pro do it for me ( Modular Power House ) since I wanted a custom tune anyway. Also, they are only a few miles from my house. I would not run a SC on a new car without a custom tune. There are simply too many variable to trust a canned tune on a SC application in IMHO...

I'll update this tread as things progress.....
Old 11/23/05, 07:09 AM
FR500 Member

I think that's a wise way to go with the custom tuning and all. I've been lusting after the Saleen myself, I just don't see me affording one anytime soon. Good luck! I'll be interested in your results
Old 11/23/05, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sranger@November 23, 2005, 9:00 AM
Well,

After reading everything I could on all of the new Superchargers for the 05, I decided to go with the Saleen SC. I placed the order about a week ago, and I am now playing the wating game.

It is not quite as powerfull as the Procharger & Vortec, but it seems to be more streetable in that it produces its hp at lower boost levels. Hopefully it will put less stress on the engine/trans as well. The tuner said 350-380rwhp is possible with the auto, but I will probably have him put the tune on the safe side vs max power, so I figure about 350rwhp is a reasonable expectation.

I could probably do the install myself, but decided to let a pro do it for me ( Modular Power House ) since I wanted a custom tune anyway. Also, they are only a few miles from my house. I would not run a SC on a new car without a custom tune. There are simply too many variable to trust a canned tune on a SC application in IMHO...

I'll update this tread as things progress.....
I'm liking the Saleen myself for the Daily Driver aspect, although MPH seems to do alot of work on KB S/C so I'm going to wait and see. Both twin-screws so I'm sure they will be comprable.

Anyway, I'm from Acworth but live down in Smyrna right now. You need to let me come by and see that S/C when you get it put in.
Old 11/23/05, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I like the KB ( which is now avaliable by the way ), but it is even more expensive than the Saleen.... I also do not think it will fit under the stock hood...

MPH is going to be installing a couple of the Saleen SC soon, they are a Saleen dealer and that relationship might strenghten soon...

I live in Kennesaw so I am sure we can meet up somewhere once the new toys are installed....
Old 11/23/05, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I thought the Saleen could put out about 430 to the wheels. I just spoke to Lidio @ Alternative Auto, and he has been running a vortech with about 460-470 at the wheels with his automatic.
Old 11/23/05, 09:19 AM
V6 Member

The KB is available?
Where do I get it?
Old 11/23/05, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I read KB are taking pre-orders from shops, so find a shop that installs KB and order through them
Old 11/23/05, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm interested to see how your results turn out. I was sold on the Saleen, until I found out it will not fit under a Shaker So I'll have to wait for the Whipple.
The guys at MPH have a really good reputation. I'm willing to bet that they can pull out even more HP than you are hoping for while maintaining a huge safety margin.
Please keep us posted.
Old 11/23/05, 09:56 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I am in Saleen observation mode myself....

And with more boost (not crazy though) and a bit of tweaking, you should make 400 easy with the Saleen, auto or not)

Great dude - keep us posted!!!
Old 11/23/05, 10:59 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

It's the law in Kennesaw
Old 11/23/05, 08:47 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sranger@November 23, 2005, 10:45 AM
I like the KB ( which is now avaliable by the way ), but it is even more expensive than the Saleen.... I also do not think it will fit under the stock hood...

MPH is going to be installing a couple of the Saleen SC soon, they are a Saleen dealer and that relationship might strenghten soon...

I live in Kennesaw so I am sure we can meet up somewhere once the new toys are installed....

I'm moving to Kennesaw in January, can't wait!
Old 11/23/05, 09:39 PM
GT Member

congrats! I ordered my saleen blower for my 06 GT about a week ago, pretty excited. I am going to stick with the stock tune for a bit, and then get a tune. My goal is between 380-400whp on a manual.
Old 11/24/05, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great choice in using MPH for the install and tune. You won't get a better tune. Can't wait to see the results with the Saleen from them. Keep us posted.
Old 11/24/05, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

I am thinking about the Saleen as well - just going to wait on the Whipple from Ford and see what it has to offer (looks really cool!). A couple of thoughts about the Saleen - You may want to consider 39# injectors to prevent the car from going lean at the higher RMPs. Also - I am wondering if the MAF sensor is pegging at the higher RMPs - as JDM and others are going with a larger sensor (as well as injectors). You may want to give JDM a call http://www.teamjdm.com/main.php as they have done several of these. Their Saleen S/C 05 is turning some impressive times & HP. Good luck the the S/C - keep us updated.
Old 11/24/05, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the advise, MPH is going to install the 29lb injectors and a fuel pressure boost pump to keep the mix right. I do think that these guys know what they are doing.

I am getting excited about the install, but it may be a few more weeks due to the holiday season slowing everything down...

I'll basically let Tim tune it to "what the engine wants to make", as he put it.....
Old 11/24/05, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

JDM is about 1 1/2- 2 hours away from me, and if I had the money I'd have the Saleen already. Although the output of some the other s/c will put out more hp, I like the idea of keeping it somewhat safe for the engine. Once you start getting past the low-mid 400hp range, Miss Cleo starts predicting gloom and doom for the engine parts.
Old 11/24/05, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

I'm also going with the Saleen...I've studied and studied, IMO you can't beat the engineering of the Saleen S/C. Plus I will be able to retain most of my current mods... This along with a few other mod's should insure my being able to run with the Shelby's...
Old 11/24/05, 11:22 AM

It's no secret that the Saleen is in my future as well. I have been following many, many threads (on another site) on what works and what doesn't with this blower, so my education is getting better by the day. As far as a power goal, I would like to keep it in the 425rwhp range. But, the rwhp is not really a goal to me... just a measurement. My primary objective is an 11-sec daily driver... that is what I have wanted all along. I will do what it takes to get there.

Oh yea... I will have one additional challenge when I install mine... I plan on retaining the shaker scoop as well. This will require bodywork mods to the hood.
Old 11/24/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by don_w@November 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
Oh yea... I will have one additional challenge when I install mine... I plan on retaining the shaker scoop as well. This will require bodywork mods to the hood.
Don, I know we have very similar ideas about what we'd like to do with our cars. I was hoping you would "guinea pig" the Saleen/ Shaker Combo for me, but I guess your house didn't sell as quickly as you'd hoped. I'm getting ready to take the plunge. Talking to Terry at Fang, he said the Fang Shaker will NOT fit with the Saleen unit, even under thier hood which offers about another 3/4 inch clearance vs. stock. He is pretty sure that the Whipple will work (after seeing it at SEMA) with some minor modifications.
I'm lining things up with a couple of different aftermarket companies now. I've pretty much decided on the Whipple/Fang Combo for me. Unfortunately I don't live close to any reknown tuners, so I may have to drive up to Birmingham to visit Doug @Bamachips.
Old 11/24/05, 12:27 PM

It's in escrow... but I'll probably have to wait until after the Holidays now anyway (too much going on).

But, it will be neat to see the Whipple/Fang version and the Saleen/CDC version. Both will be sweet!

Quick Reply: New Saleen SC on the way....