GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New 4.10's and Bama tune problem, Help?

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/06, 06:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New 4.10's and Bama tune problem, Help?

Ok, got my 4.10's installed today. I was amazed that the gears keeps you in the power band all the time. No more downshifting all the time.

But got a problem. I had them try to load the Bama 93 torque tune after changing the parameters on the gears. They said that they can enter the info in about the gears but when you try to save it and load it, it will not let you do it?

SO I had them load the DTP tune (93) that I got from JLT originally. It ran fine and it accepted the new gears. He put it on the dyno and found the A/F running lean in the 14~15 range. He dropped it down some to the 12-13's. Second run was 291.5 flywheel and Torque to 299.1. He could not continue, he had a tune scheduled and put mine on the dyno to check the A/F since I ran kind of lean on the street. I have emailed Doug and asked him what I can do to fix his tune. I have a few questions?

1. Any suggestions on the Bama tune not accepting the 4.10's

2. While driving home, at WOT above 80, in 5th gear no detonation, but in 4th there was? If I need to adjust something, what? and a step by step how to for the xcal 2 would be greatly appreciated.

If you go with the gears, go with FRPP, no whine and it's tight. Much pleased with it.
Old 5/23/06, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by traffic142
Ok, got my 4.10's installed today. I was amazed that the gears keeps you in the power band all the time. No more downshifting all the time.

But got a problem. I had them try to load the Bama 93 torque tune after changing the parameters on the gears. They said that they can enter the info in about the gears but when you try to save it and load it, it will not let you do it?

SO I had them load the DTP tune (93) that I got from JLT originally. It ran fine and it accepted the new gears. He put it on the dyno and found the A/F running lean in the 14~15 range. He dropped it down some to the 12-13's. Second run was 291.5 flywheel and Torque to 299.1. He could not continue, he had a tune scheduled and put mine on the dyno to check the A/F since I ran kind of lean on the street. I have emailed Doug and asked him what I can do to fix his tune. I have a few questions?

1. Any suggestions on the Bama tune not accepting the 4.10's

2. While driving home, at WOT above 80, in 5th gear no detonation, but in 4th there was? If I need to adjust something, what? and a step by step how to for the xcal 2 would be greatly appreciated.

If you go with the gears, go with FRPP, no whine and it's tight. Much pleased with it.

Hey guy,

The problem is with the version of the software you are using on the X-2 I beleive. The early 1.3 and 1.10's didn't take to user option changes very well.

I've sent you a revised program so you dont have to make changes to the tune anymore and also instructions on a guy in your area who knows how to update your software and upload my tune as well.

Just let me know if theres anything else I can do to help.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 5/23/06, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome dude!! Enjoy!
Old 5/23/06, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks, I am so lost when messing with the tuner. I have no problem hooking it up and uploading a tune, but messing with the parameters scares me.

I was kind of disappointed with the HP numbers. It should have been higher.

Since it only detonates at WOT at higher speeds, should I even mess with the A/F ratio???
Old 5/23/06, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would wait and see what happens with Doug's revised tune first. I have faith in him. He helped me out before.
Old 5/24/06, 06:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Doug,

I got your email, I have a few more questions. Thanks
Old 5/24/06, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
Hey guy,

The problem is with the version of the software you are using on the X-2 I beleive. The early 1.3 and 1.10's didn't take to user option changes very well.

I've sent you a revised program so you dont have to make changes to the tune anymore and also instructions on a guy in your area who knows how to update your software and upload my tune as well.

Just let me know if theres anything else I can do to help.

Thanks, Doug.
I had the same exact issues when doug sent me the tunes for the gears that I had installed this past weekend. He told me what software to download from SCT and it worked wonderfully... Speedo seems good and man this things pulls in 2nd like never before.. Doug is the man.. and I'll never go to someone else. Oh and he even called me on a sunday to help with this. Now how many people would have done that?? Probably not many.
Old 5/24/06, 06:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Can you email me the steps? I am totally lost. I went to sct and downloaded the drivers, not sure if I need the live download bit or not. I tried to click on his programs he sent me and it says make some kind of file?

I would really appreciate this. I have got to get the files he sent me ( he sent me 2 of them XTR and LLF3 format.

I finally figured out how to hook up my sct to my computer ( I am unplugging the printer and hooking it up to the sct ( do I need to change to a different port?)

I am so friggin lost here.

Thanks
Old 5/24/06, 07:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok, doug sent me a step by step for this idiot. It loaded fine, now lets see?

Ryland
Old 5/24/06, 08:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok, it worked like a champ. I must say I was a bit discouraged on the tune not working and the lower than expected HP on the Dyno. BUT

FORD must offer the 4.10's as an option for the GT. Short of the CAI and tune this was the most noticable improvement in the drivability in the car. You are always it seems in the power band now. Response is impressive (even more so now with Doug's torque tune).

If you are thinking about them, buy them.
Old 5/25/06, 01:04 PM
GT Member

OMG, 4.10's w/ 93 Torque Tune ROCKS!