GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need a programmer

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/07, 02:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a programmer

What should I get?

Alright, I know they come with stored tunes, however, are these tunes just for the stock vehicle?

I am needing a programmer so that I can install my t-stat, gears, and CMCV delete plates.

Am I going to need to get a custom tune from a place like Bamachips, Lightning Force Performance, Evolution Performance, or Brenspeed?

If so, does anyone know about getting updated tunes from Evolution Performance and Bamachips? Like how long does Bamachips provide free updates? Are there any other details (stipulations) to the updates? (like Brenspeed only updates the tune for free if you buy the part from them)
Old 1/9/07, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Unless you have a shop local to you that will be doing the tuning, buy a SCT programmer from Brenspeed or Bamachips. I'm partial to Brenspeed after having tried both; however both are very reputable. You can't go wrong either way..........

Call Brent or Dave at Brenspeed and tell them what you want to do; they'll answer your tuning questions better than anyone here can.

Thanks.

Tom
Old 1/9/07, 08:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sct or diablo, bamachips or brenspeed, either will work
Old 1/9/07, 08:53 AM
GT Member

Gotta love doug at bamachips plus he's alot closer to ya if your location in your profile is right.
Old 1/9/07, 12:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i would recommend buying just the tuner or both the tuner and the intake from bamachips, the 3 custom tunes really come in handy and anytime you have a new mod that needs tuning Doug will send you new tunes unless it is something major like cams or a supercharger that is REQUIRED to be tuned on a dyno
Old 1/9/07, 09:32 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
I first started out with SCT's preloaded or canned tuner which also allows the end user to add CMCV delete plates, gear changes, tire sizes and pretty much everything else a custom programmer will allow the user to make adjustment changes in the stored tune files and was extremely happy with the overall increase in performance over stock ? However, after a while ? I was still noticing throttle lag thanks to Ford's drive by wire programming and was curious if a custom tune could provide better throttle response over my current preloaded tunes ? So I decided to ask Doug from bamachips.com if his custom tunes could provide the additional throttle response I was looking for ? and the first thing he said was If I were expecting his custom tunes to provide any additional HP over what I currently had ? then chances are his tunes wouldn't be able to deliver much more power than what I already had.. However on the other hand ? he clearly stated that if I was looking for better throttle response ? I could really benefit from his custom tunes and here's what convinced me that Doug was the real deal..he was upfront and honest from the very beginning about what his custom tunes could provide and also not provide ? anyone else could have promised the world just in order to make a sale ? but not Doug his concerns are being there for his customers and their needs and whenever anyone mentions that Doug's customer service is second to none ? you can rest assure that it's for real.. needless to say I've been extremely happy with Doug's custom tunes along with his excellent customer service ever since..