GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need Bassani help!

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I have Bassani cats, x pipe and axle back. Those along with HC trap removal are my only mods. I have had them on for well over 3 months. To make a long story short my CEL is coming on intermittantly. I just had Ford run my codes and they say it is running lean and that is the reason for the codes. They said they have a guy who can give me an estimate on reflashing the computer right there. I am going to see him after work. My question is why is this happening at all? Those mods alone should not need a tune. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks.
Old 8/5/05, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

your can is running lean!
I have said this before a x pipe will make it go lean.
.7 lean on my car.
Old 8/5/05, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I talked to the guy and he is going to do an SCT tune specific to my Bassani setup to make me run correctly again. And since the guy right at Ford is going to do it I don't have to worry about my warrenty.
Old 8/5/05, 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I have all that bassani set up minus the hc trap out. I left it in. Have had it in for months no CEL at all for that. I did run over some rtv blue silicone and it ruined the oxygen sensors then got a CEL. Ford replaced them for free, no more light again. They probably left it in my engine compartment last time I was there. Good luck tho. I doubt a SCT Tune is covered under warranty tho. If your computer dies someday, you will get charged. Well make sure to always take it to that dealer I guess. Good luck