GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Natasha the "Evil GT 500" is getting Boosted...

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/06, 11:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by dhof303@January 29, 2006, 11:45 AM
What is wrong with just plain G.T. 350?

Cause Justin is going SUPERCHARGED!! Derek. I suppose you could change yours to GT350TC!! Looking forward to both of you guys build ups.
Scott
Old 1/29/06, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dhof303@January 29, 2006, 9:45 AM
What is wrong with just plain G.T. 350?
Hey Derek,

There's nothing wrong with GT 350, that was my original plan ( after the GT 500 came out)...I just thought I would reach back into history with GT 350R. Then some cool suggestions came along and I learned that the original Shelby GT 350's that were supercharged carried the "S" designation. To sum it up I guess I wanted to come up with something a little different with a historic background...

Have you got all your part's yet? Hows it coming along??
Old 1/29/06, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 29, 2006, 10:18 AM
Cause Justin is going SUPERCHARGED!! Derek. I suppose you could change yours to GT350TC!! Looking forward to both of you guys build ups.
Scott

That has a nice ring to it GT 350TC!
Old 1/29/06, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Vegasjay@January 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hey Derek,

There's nothing wrong with GT 350, that was my original plan ( after the GT 500 came out)...I just thought I would reach back into history with GT 350R. Then some cool suggestions came along and I learned that the original Shelby GT 350's that were supercharged carried the "S" designation. To sum it up I guess I wanted to come up with something a little different with a historic background...

Have you got all your part's yet? Hows it coming along??
Parts are "on the way" as I have heard from Mark at MMR for the past 8 weeks. Long story short there were a couple of e-mails expressing my being upset and I believe we have finally reached the completion phase of the shipping. The final box containing some couplers, brackets for relocating the PS and coolant reservoir along with some oil filter relocation hose should ship out Monday and the "startup file to begin tuning on the dyno should come this week. I am installing most of the kit this week finally.
Old 1/29/06, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dhof303@January 29, 2006, 10:49 AM
Parts are "on the way" as I have heard from Mark at MMR for the past 8 weeks. Long story short there were a couple of e-mails expressing my being upset and I believe we have finally reached the completion phase of the shipping. The final box containing some couplers, brackets for relocating the PS and coolant reservoir along with some oil filter relocation hose should ship out Monday and the "startup file to begin tuning on the dyno should come this week. I am installing most of the kit this week finally.
Waiting for part's is frustrating... :bang: It will be cool to see your right-up! Hope all goes well for you Derek!
Old 1/29/06, 01:37 PM

I totally agree with you concerning the issue of commemorating the past of the Mustang/Shelby onto our cars as you have known all along. I mean I even did this to my first Mustang that I purchased at age 14 with a 2 1/2 year restoration. I guess if I had to choose from the options you have laid forth then I would go with the G.T. 350S as it is the only one that Ford put on their car besides "H" and "KR." I truly love the "R" model myself as well but they never used this designator on the side of the car, only in the description of the car from the factory. It'll be cool whatever you choose, and I would have to say from previous posts about the look of your car that you let YOU make the choice. Don't put what other people want on your car, it won't truly make YOU happy.
Old 1/29/06, 01:40 PM
FR500 Member

Unless of course he agrees
Old 1/29/06, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dhof303@January 29, 2006, 12:40 PM
I totally agree with you concerning the issue of commemorating the past of the Mustang/Shelby onto our cars as you have known all along. I mean I even did this to my first Mustang that I purchased at age 14 with a 2 1/2 year restoration. I guess if I had to choose from the options you have laid forth then I would go with the G.T. 350S as it is the only one that Ford put on their car besides "H" and "KR." I truly love the "R" model myself as well but they never used this designator on the side of the car, only in the description of the car from the factory. It'll be cool whatever you choose, and I would have to say from previous posts about the look of your car that you let YOU make the choice. Don't put what other people want on your car, it won't truly make YOU happy.
I know you of any one would understand what I'm doing. I put a poll up in here to get some ideas and opinions, that's why I left the poll in here as I figured most people that read this thread probably have followed my Pony progress to one extent or another. I seen a nice resto-mod that used the GT 350R and thought that might be a cool option. The GT 350S would be the best historical choice. I do like the SC option and think it would be a nice modernized touch fitting with the theme of the car...In the end I will only stripe it to my 100% personal taste, it's just nice to see what people have to say sometimes...

Justin
Old 1/29/06, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I do like the SC option and think it would be a nice modernized touch fitting with the theme of the car...

Justin,
I agree with your thinking. I own a 70 Mach 1 that is restored as close to factory as I know how. I would never do anything to change its stock configuration. But our cars are 05/06 models and while they are a salute to the best of the old world, they truely are nothing like their predecessors. I don't think you will be violating any unwritten rule by using the S or SC option. I like the SC option and would personally go that route. You could also go with the GT350S option and place a "SUPERCHARGED" badge on each front fender or the cowl of your hood. I am excited for both you and Dereks build ups and look forward to you results.
Scott
Old 2/3/06, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

UPDATE!!

Well after a long week of waiting the Saleen arrived.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] It was packaged very well and survived the UPS trip. I inspected all the components and I must say the quality and craftsmanship is superb. Every piece just looks and feels "ready to race". Nice touches are the Goodyear Gatorback belt, the Bosch water pump, pre-formed high grade hoses, and pre-made wire extensions. The installation manual is the most detailed I have ever seen with lots of pics and even lists each tool you will need at the beginning of each operation. I would say that most people even with basic mechanical skills should be able to install this supercharger.

I am still waiting on my other JDM goodies to show up before I do the install. I am shooting for next weekend. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I will take some pics of the install as I'm going to take my time with this one... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 09:16 PM

Justin, I think your car is unique...not in a negative tone at all. I think the GT350SC fits great, IMO. Or, if you're really sticking to a throwback theme, go with the GT350S. Maybe the C makes it look busy.
Old 2/3/06, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(169stang @ February 3, 2006, 8:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin, I think your car is unique...not in a negative tone at all. I think the GT350SC fits great, IMO. Or, if you're really sticking to a throwback theme, go with the GT350S. Maybe the C makes it look busy.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks David. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I went by my vinyl guys shop today and we cut some different designs...I think do to space limitations I'm going to have to go with the GT 350S. It will finish off the theme of the car well I think. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 09:56 PM
FR500 Member

Great to hear you got the Saleen in, and unharmed. Can't wait to see it on. And I voted for GT350S... so hope you go with that. It is more of a throwback, like David said. And it'll fit better and not look so crammed. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah we cut the vinyl (mock-ups) both ways and the SC just didn't look right...I would need about an inch more fender to make it work. The GT 350S just fit perfect, like it was ment to be there... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I appreciate all the feedback... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 04:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Justin,
Hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for your final install. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Scott
Old 2/4/06, 04:18 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick85 @ January 26, 2006, 2:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm drooling.

Question for ya...what kind of performance gains will the Heads and cam yield?
[/b][/quote]
Not enormous gains, but good ones at that. It's also peice of mind knowning your engine is safe putting out near 500rwhp.
Old 2/4/06, 08:56 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 3, 2006, 10:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
UPDATE!!

Well after a long week of waiting the Saleen arrived.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I am still waiting on my other JDM goodies to show up before I do the install. I am shooting for next weekend. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I will take some pics of the install as I'm going to take my time with this one... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rock_band.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 09:01 AM
3rd Times A Charm

heck yeah!!! I'm glad you got it in without any issues!!! Good luck with the install! Take some pics of the kit before it's installed if you could...
Old 2/4/06, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 4, 2006, 7:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rock_band.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Dave you truly are the master of the emoticons... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] I am but a mere grasshopper, trying to ****** the pebble... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/starwars.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img] You captured my emotions to a tee... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197 GT @ February 4, 2006, 8:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
heck yeah!!! I'm glad you got it in without any issues!!! Good luck with the install! Take some pics of the kit before it's installed if you could...
[/b][/quote]

Will do... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Justin,
Your car has always been awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] . Can't wait to hear about the sc install and more importantly what the end result is [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] . Post as soon as you get started. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Natasha the "Evil GT 500" is getting Boosted...