GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Natasha the "Evil GT 500" is getting Boosted...

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/06, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well I decided to go for it, after pouring countless hours into research and literally dozens of phone calls its a done deal. I was originally going to have heads and cams done through Boss 330 Racing (great guy BTW) I had a problem with the spare set of heads I bought, do to shipping issues. :bang: It's going to be awhile before I get that resolved and continue with the heads. I will still be having Al at Boss 330 racing do them, it's just delayed awhile. Now onto what Natasha is getting now... Ques the Darth Vader entering the room music...

Here is a list of whats on the way:

*Saleen Sereis VI Supercharger
*JDM 3.4" Pulley (9.5 Ibs of Boost ) & new (shorter) belt
*C&L "Racer" 90 mm Intake Tube
*Custom JDM 90 mm MAF housing & wiring harness
*Custom JDM air box
*Brand new 39 Ib Cobra injectors
*SCT X2 w/ three Custom tunes for my specific applications-Very important part of my decision...
*MMR TB Spacer (To allow my LFP Billet TB to clear the Saleen)

JDM has been great to deal with, they are the leaders when it comes to Saleen S/Cing the 05's IMO. They really took the extra time to explain everything to me and work out the tuning which is what I believe to be the most important aspect for not "blowing ones motor". My RWHP/Torque goal is around 460/450, I believe with a twin screw and the proper tuning she will be fine...The nitrous setup will stay on board unused until the motor is forged, then all bets are off... Give JDM a call they gave me a good price on the whole kit.

Also since Ford copied my "GT 500"... Out of respect of the new Cobra, I am changing my side stripes to GT 350R which I think fits Natasha better at this point anyway...
Old 1/26/06, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woohoo!! Way to go Justin!! After we talked last night, I didn't think it would take you long to pull the trigger!! When is the ETA for the goodies?
Old 1/26/06, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Don, I expect the Saleen to arrive on Tuesday and the rest a couple days latter...I hope to install it all the first weekend of Feb. I have to go thank the guys at your other home for all the help, they have been great... Thank's for your help too.
Old 1/26/06, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

congrats...anxiously awaiting results
Old 1/26/06, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Vegasjay@January 26, 2006, 2:05 PM
Thanks Don, I expect the Saleen to arrive on Tuesday and the rest a couple days latter...I hope to install it all the first weekend of Feb. I have to go thank the guys at your other home for all the help, they have been great... Thank's for your help too.
Yes... let them know you've joined the "club" too. They are extremely willing to share info, and will be happy you took the plunge!

Like I mentioned last night, make sure you read all the threads on the vacuum line hookup issues, the boost actuator screw, hose clamps, etc. There are a few things to watch for with the Saleen SC... nothing major if you're educated on them, though.
Old 1/26/06, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm drooling.

Question for ya...what kind of performance gains will the Heads and cam yield?
Old 1/26/06, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Nick85@January 26, 2006, 2:27 PM
I'm drooling.

Question for ya...what kind of performance gains will the Heads and cam yield?
It's a bit early to speculate on that....I expect a good gain and better yet that lopey idle. I will share all the info I gain with you guy's.
Old 1/26/06, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wicked! I can wait to see what the motor can put out with the forged guts.
Old 1/26/06, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 26, 2006, 2:56 PM
Wicked! I can wait to see what the motor can put out with the forged guts.
I'm not forging the motor for awhile...That's why the Nitrous will stay un-used...I wish I could pull the motor and forge it first. I am going to play with it like this for awhile. She is no longer a daily driver and if something goes wrong I'll pull the motor, forge it, slap on a 20 Ib pulley and chase it with a 175 shot of Nitrous. Along with a new tranny, rear end, brakes etc...That will be down the road.
Old 1/26/06, 04:11 PM
I Have Admin Envy

I am looking forward to seeing the numbers this car puts out
Old 1/26/06, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

You made a good choice...

JDM is a good company to deal with. If I had ordered my Saleen kit from them, I would have save a lot of $$$ it would have been done over a month ago. I ordered my kit back in November from a local shop which installed the kit for me and it still is not tuned right....

Hopfully, I will get this thing finnished on Feb 1st....

Congradulations and good luck with the kit......
Old 1/26/06, 04:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by sranger@January 26, 2006, 3:38 PM
You made a good choice...

JDM is a good company to deal with. If I had ordered my Saleen kit from them, I would have save a lot of $$$ it would have been done over a month ago. I ordered my kit back in November from a local shop which installed the kit for me and it still is not tuned right....

Hopfully, I will get this thing finnished on Feb 1st....

Congradulations and good luck with the kit......
Thanks Jeff, what tuner are you using? I hope they get it worked out for you...
Old 1/26/06, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Don and Justin,
Trust me!! I had a KB SC'er on my 96 Cobra and the torque feels like a big block. I am salivating waiting for both of your results and impressions after you installs. I would expect similar #'s from both of you if you are running the same boost. I can tell you from my experience with my cobra the next thing you will be spending $$$ on is trying to hook them up. The torque come on so quick that you may struggle to get any traction. Hurry !!! Hurry!!! Hurry!!!
Scott
Old 1/26/06, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 26, 2006, 4:08 PM
Don and Justin,
Trust me!! I had a KB SC'er on my 96 Cobra and the torque feels like a big block. I am salivating waiting for both of your results and impressions after you installs. I would expect similar #'s from both of you if you are running the same boost. I can tell you from my experience with my cobra the next thing you will be spending $$$ on is trying to hook them up. The torque come on so quick that you may struggle to get any traction. Hurry !!! Hurry!!! Hurry!!!
Scott
I agree, the only thing is I don't want to hook up to well at first and scatter tranny, driveshaft and rear end parts all over the track... I'm going to try to take her easy untill I can do some more beef'n up. Yaeh right, only one way to see what is weak...Pour the coals to her! I'm betting the cluch will make it a month or so.
Old 1/26/06, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 26, 2006, 4:08 PM
Don and Justin,
Scott
That's what drag radials are for. I just received my 2nd set of Mickey Thompson's yesterday... the first set looked all used up. haha
Old 1/26/06, 05:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by don_w@January 26, 2006, 6:14 PM
That's what drag radials are for. I just received my 2nd set of Mickey Thompson's yesterday... the first set looked all used up. haha

Well! From those pics I'd say you have been traction limited ( Or at least very abusive) to that set of tires. How much does a set twice as wide cost???? See, it's starting and you haven't even got the KB installed yet.
Scott
Old 1/26/06, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good choice Justin The Saleen looks to be very well engineered and the best "integrated" unit on the market.

Good luck and happy hunting

The Boss Hog
Old 1/26/06, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 26, 2006, 4:23 PM
Well! From those pics I'd say you have been traction limited ( Or at least very abusive) to that set of tires. How much does a set twice as wide cost???? See, it's starting and you haven't even got the KB installed yet.
Scott
Those have 95 runs (and 95 burnouts) on them. They hook very well. I know that JDM ran as low as 11.69 with the same M/T tire, so I'm pretty sure they'll hook for me, too. If not, I'll go to a taller tire (not really wider).

On the street however... that's going to be a whole 'nother story. haha
Old 1/26/06, 05:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 26, 2006, 4:23 PM
Scott
I have heard that Don is quite the guru of the burnout...Those tires would seem to agree...
Old 1/26/06, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by Vegasjay@January 26, 2006, 4:32 PM
I have heard that Don is quite the guru of the burnout...Those tires would seem to agree...
I've been known to smoke 'em once in a while.

These were from just last Friday night.

Video #1
Video #2
Video #3
Video #4

Quick Reply: Natasha the "Evil GT 500" is getting Boosted...