GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

*Natasha the "Evil GT 350S" She's Supercharged! & Ready for Flight

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/06, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just want to say nice work, and enjoy, looks great!

And of course (as u know)..keep out of the gas with that lean A/F
Old 2/21/06, 06:03 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ February 20, 2006, 10:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] I hope you have someplace relatively safe to attempt that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Between the lonely, flat desert highway's and the Speedway, I'll come up with something relatively safe. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 21, 2006, 5:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man... let me come to Vegas and meet you and Natasha BEFORE you try for 200mph, ok? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] I would think out there around Vegas though, you could find a place to hit 200 that would be safe. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Better hurry up Ian... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackhat97 @ February 21, 2006, 6:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
AWESOME Justin! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Maybe it's time for one of these? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=45608]
[/b][/quote]

I like that L/P frame. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05-1947 @ February 21, 2006, 8:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Justin, the car looks great! When do you plan on going out to the track next? I would like to be there when Natasha runs!!
[/b][/quote]

I hope sometime in March. I want to spend some time on the tune before I race... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] There is a club meet and car show this Saturday, I'll PM you.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scothew @ February 21, 2006, 11:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very nice numbers Justin, congrats. Can't beat a roots style blower for a flat torque curve.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks Scott. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] BTW your C/T crack's me up...I find myself at work asking "What would Chuck Norris do?"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] LOL
Old 2/21/06, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(speco2005 @ February 21, 2006, 12:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hey man I think we passed each other getting off the 95 the other night onto Cheyenne. I have a red Gt you went right I went left.
[/b][/quote]

Could be... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I'll PM you with some local info...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05STG1 @ February 21, 2006, 12:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just want to say nice work, and enjoy, looks great!

And of course (as u know)..keep out of the gas with that lean A/F
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, yeah she's parked until the tune is fixed... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 07:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 21, 2006, 7:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks Scott. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] BTW your C/T crack's me up...I find myself at work asking "What would Chuck Norris do?"... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] LOL
[/b][/quote]

Glad someone else can find the humor in it as I do [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 12:26 AM
Bullitt Member

from sig:
"Saleen Supercharger series VI, JDM 3.4" Pulley (9.5 Ibs), JDM 90 mm MAF, JDM Air-box, C&L "Racer" Intake Tube, 39 Ib Cobra Injectors, SCT X2 w/JDM tunes, MMR TB Spacer, LFP 62 mm TB, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA Off-Road H-Pipe, Magnapack Mufflers, ..."

dont get me wrong, thats a FREAKING KILLER setup you have...which i plan to be very close in line with in the near future, but...

is it just me or do those numbers (465/417) seem a little low?
So with longtubes and 10psi (would then be comparable setup), im only looking at gains of 135rwhp and 73rwtq? what ever happened to the FI v8 rule of 15-20hp/psi boost?
I was set on 475/450 on a mustang dyno bare minimum expectations after all tuning was done.

it just seems strang that i can gain 35rwhp from an intake and should only expect 4times that with 3/4 of a bar of boost.

please correct any/all fallacies and mistakes in my commentary, as i know i am being ignorant somewhere.

once again, sweet car jay, sweet car...quite jealous
Old 2/22/06, 12:38 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 21, 2006, 7:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Could be... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I'll PM you with some local info...
Thanks, yeah she's parked until the tune is fixed... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Oh Sorry Jay I was talking to the dude with the silver Roush. Still PM me though.
Old 2/22/06, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

I am going to have to get that Saleen. Now, your ready for the Shelby when it hits the streets.
Old 2/22/06, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stkdidy @ February 21, 2006, 11:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
from sig:
"Saleen Supercharger series VI, JDM 3.4" Pulley (9.5 Ibs), JDM 90 mm MAF, JDM Air-box, C&L "Racer" Intake Tube, 39 Ib Cobra Injectors, SCT X2 w/JDM tunes, MMR TB Spacer, LFP 62 mm TB, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA Off-Road H-Pipe, Magnapack Mufflers, ..."
dont get me wrong, thats a FREAKING KILLER setup you have...which i plan to be very close in line with in the near future, but...

So with longtubes and 10psi (would then be comparable setup), im only looking at gains of 135rwhp and 73rwtq? what ever happened to the FI v8 rule of 15-20hp/psi boost?
I was set on 475/450 on a mustang dyno bare minimum expectations after all tuning was done.

it just seems strang that i can gain 35rwhp from an intake and should only expect 4times that with 3/4 of a bar of boost.

please correct any/all fallacies and mistakes in my commentary, as i know i am being ignorant somewhere.
[/b][/quote]

Well, I'm not an expert by any means so I'll just state what I know...This is a safe tune (after they get the A/F ratio down) with very conservative timing and I am at the limit with the stock fuel pump set-up. I could get quite a bit more with an aggressive tune and a fuel system up-grade. I have a much more aggressive 100 octane race tune that I still have to test as well. Before the Saleen my best numbers were as follows. 312 RWHP and 331 RWTQ and this was on the same dyno used for the Saleen...So that is a gain of 153 RWHP and 86 RWTQ. I feel the torque is a little low myself and JDM will pick some up when the re-do my tune. I think your expectations may be a little high from what I have seen other Saleen kit's do IMO especially on the torque. Keep in mind however were it builds torque and keeps it, that is also an important factor...

If your goal remains as stated above I would recommend switching over to a duel Cobra fuel pump set-up, which I am also planning soon. That will help you safely get the #'ers you seek.

On the other side of the coin I don't want to make much more HP/TQ right now until the motor is forged then the sky's the limit...I plan on 650+ w/ a 150 shot of nitrous on top, but that is down the road...

Also the 35 RWHP you gain from an intake is a peek gain and doesn't mean as much in the whole range of the dyno and RPM's, which doesn't mean it's not an awesome gain...It's just also important to see where the gains are had in relation to RPM's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Here is an old dyno sheet for comparison:
Old 2/22/06, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 22, 2006, 5:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, I'm not an expert by any means so I'll just state what I know...This is a safe tune (after they get the A/F ratio down) with very conservative timing and I am at the limit with the stock fuel pump set-up. I could get quite a bit more with an aggressive tune and a fuel system up-grade. I have a much more aggressive 100 octane race tune that I still have to test as well. Before the Saleen my best numbers were as follows. 312 RWHP and 331 RWTQ and this was on the same dyno used for the Saleen...So that is a gain of 153 RWHP and 86 RWTQ. I feel the torque is a little low myself and JDM will pick some up when the re-do my tune. I think your expectations may be a little high from what I have seen other Saleen kit's do IMO especially on the torque. Keep in mind however were it builds torque and keeps it, that is also an important factor...

If your goal remains as stated above I would recommend switching over to a duel Cobra fuel pump set-up, which I am also planning soon. That will help you safely get the #'ers you seek.

On the other side of the coin I don't want to make much more HP/TQ right now until the motor is forged then the sky's the limit...I plan on 650+ w/ a 150 shot of nitrous on top, but that is down the road...

Also the 35 RWHP you gain from an intake is a peek gain and doesn't mean as much in the whole range of the dyno and RPM's, which doesn't mean it's not an awesome gain...It's just also important to see where the gains are had in relation to RPM's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Here is an old dyno sheet for comparison:
[/b][/quote]

What the heck? Is everyone on this forum rich? I'm darn happy to afford a tune and intake....

-Darth
Old 2/22/06, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(speco2005 @ February 21, 2006, 11:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh Sorry Jay I was talking to the dude with the silver Roush. Still PM me though.
[/b][/quote]

Whops...my bad... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brick.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ February 22, 2006, 4:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am going to have to get that Saleen. Now, your ready for the Shelby when it hits the streets.
[/b][/quote]

Not quite, but getting closer... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Stang @ February 22, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What the heck? Is everyone on this forum rich? I'm darn happy to afford a tune and intake....

-Darth
[/b][/quote]

I wasn't nocking the Intake and tune at all...I was very happy with my C&L and Diablo combo. He was comparing the horsepower to dollar ratio on the intake vs. the S/C'er. I was just trying to shed some light. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

BTW: I am in no way rich, I just chose to eat ramen noodles and buy go fast part's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 06:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stkdidy @ February 22, 2006, 1:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
from sig:

[/b][/quote]

They also didnt run it too Redline justin had them shut it down cuz it kept gaining power n with stock internals we dont wanna go blowing Up Natasha at this stage in the game so yea they r a bit low but they are there dont you worry the ponnies are just hidden waiting to b unleashed on a sucker like myself LOL
Old 2/23/06, 08:21 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 22, 2006, 5:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

BTW: I am in no way rich, I just chose to eat ramen noodles and buy go fast part's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

I knew there was a trick to getting all those mods. Love the car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheWrench @ February 23, 2006, 7:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

I knew there was a trick to getting all those mods. Love the car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I told the G/F it's either go'n out on the town or cruising in a S/C'ed Pony... Well let's just say she made the right choice as she gets to ride in it... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

I just got off the phone with Jim Jr. at JDM and thier working on my tune right now! Thier going to overnight it to me so I can take Natasha out to play this weekend. Now that's great customer service!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] He says to expect a little more HP and more torque along with a proper A/F ratio...
Old 2/23/06, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 22, 2006, 2:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
fuel system is synonymous with supercharger install imo...if it gets done it needs to get done right the first time is what i feel at least. i don plan on forged internals, though...id rather just build up a beefy azz short block for twice what it would cost to only buy and install rods/crank/pistons. i want to do some auto-X with this car too, so 450-475rwhp is perfect (but no less hopefully!), but torque is very important for times. i think 475/450 is a reasonable target for the long run on 10-12psi. i am VERY eager to see how much more they can bump up the torque on the retuning, because i will be quite dissappointed if it cant be done on with the saleen blower (tho turbo is the way to get the most torque i understand)

as for the intake, it was just a humorous comment...BUT...i do make the same rwtq at 1900rpm now as i did peak stock, so the gains are pretty much across the board. rwhp went up more or less proportional to rpm, though, as you suggested

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Stang @ February 22, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
with all the mods ive got, ive spent less than 4k (and less than 30k total on the car)...i made three times that last summer alone. pick n choose ur budget i guess. (cheap rent and free food at frat house 9mon/yr for the win!). everyone has their own situation tho, but imo if you can afford this car as a daily driver, you can afford most all reasonable mods to it too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Punisher85 @ February 22, 2006, 5:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They also didnt run it too Redline justin had them shut it down cuz it kept gaining power n with stock internals we dont wanna go blowing Up Natasha at this stage in the game so yea they r a bit low but they are there dont you worry the ponnies are just hidden waiting to b unleashed on a sucker like myself LOL
[/b][/quote]
i was shut down at 5800 on my runs...wonder how much it woulda increased by 6500? i totally understand with the blower tho, cuz its really not worth it if the tune isn perfect.
Old 2/23/06, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stkdidy @ February 23, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
fuel system is synonymous with supercharger install imo...if it gets done it needs to get done right the first time is what i feel at least. i don plan on forged internals, though...id rather just build up a beefy azz short block for twice what it would cost to only buy and install rods/crank/pistons. i want to do some auto-X with this car too, so 450-475rwhp is perfect (but no less hopefully!), but torque is very important for times. i think 475/450 is a reasonable target for the long run on 10-12psi. i am VERY eager to see how much more they can bump up the torque on the retuning, because i will be quite dissappointed if it cant be done on with the saleen blower (tho turbo is the way to get the most torque i understand)

[/b][/quote]
I really put a lot of thought into the fuel system...Everyone running this set-up has had no problem's w/ the stock set-up keeping up. Keep in mind were talking mid range boost applications. I don't like running at the limit though but I don't like the option's that are out right now either. I don't want a fuel pump band-aid etc... I want to run a dual pump set-up w/ up-graded wiring and plumbing. I'm all about doing it right, it's just the set-up I want isn't really available yet. Saleen is coming out with a duel-pump set-up that I'll be watching.

I'm with you on the motor if I'm going to forge it I'm going all out. JDM is going to have long-block's available soon, balanced & blue-printed with all the good stuff in them. I will run my current set-up for awhile then get a long-block from JDM and go crazy, by then I will have every thing else up to snuff (drive train etc). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I expect my new #'ers to be close to 470/445....
Old 2/24/06, 01:11 PM

Hey Vegasjay,
First thing, GREAT job on you car...... I think I have seen you around town, (I live in henderson). I have a black 06 GT and was wondering if you could let me know of some local performance shops and a good body shop for paint. Right now I just have C&L intake and sct x-cal 2 tune from Brenspeed, but need some louvers and body parts painted and some gears and custom tune. Thanks in advance, maybe I will see you on the streets..........going by me really fast.

Later
Chris
Old 2/24/06, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vegas06stang @ February 24, 2006, 12:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Vegasjay,
First thing, GREAT job on you car...... I think I have seen you around town, (I live in henderson). I have a black 06 GT and was wondering if you could let me know of some local performance shops and a good body shop for paint. Right now I just have C&L intake and sct x-cal 2 tune from Brenspeed, but need some louvers and body parts painted and some gears and custom tune. Thanks in advance, maybe I will see you on the streets..........going by me really fast.

Later
Chris
[/b][/quote]

Welcome to TMS! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I have Winners Circle do all my paint work. there a little slow but do good work. There out at the Speedway unit V101 their # is 643-9981 ask for Dale and tell him I sent you...

For gear's I recommend Dan's Driveline, there the best in town but are booked up. Make an appointment way ahead of time.

As for the custom tune I get my tuning done by JDM Engineering out of New Jersey if that tells you anything... I don't care for any local tuner in Vegas. I just use local Dyno facilities and send the data to JDM.

I don't blow by fellow Mustang's...Unless provoked... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Hope to see you around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]