GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MRT highflow catted H pipe - NO one running this?

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/07, 09:47 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangshadow
Thanks for the vids
this is also a set up I am interested in for a future purchase only thing is I have SLPs
I would like to hear MRT H with the SLP axlebacks.
I think that would sound pretty sweet, but Loud...
Old 7/12/07, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mlgstang
I think that would sound pretty sweet, but Loud...
Thats what I'd hope for. I heard a MAC Prochamber with SLPs and it still sounded good, but it got a little more mellow; not as loud and lost some growl.
Old 8/4/07, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

hi flow cats vs. stock cats..

hi all..is there a big difference here?

thanks!
Old 8/4/07, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by YaoNYC

thanks!
Horse power gain (so they claim)
Old 8/4/07, 05:24 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts

thanks!
If you check out Anderson Ford Motorsport's website ? they conducted an independent test on the dyno, which consisted of the stock exhaust, Bassani high-flow catted X-pipe, Magnaflow high-flow catted X, and MAC catted Prochamber..After reading the results ! I was amazed, as to just how good the stock cats flow, as their was very little improvement over upgrading to any of the high-flow catted mid pipes, that were tested ! Anyway, if interested ? just go to...http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/ then click on tech articles, then scroll down to October 2005, then click on the 05 Mustang Exhaust Shootout, Part 2.. Anyway, hope this may provide some answers that you're searching for..
Old 8/4/07, 05:45 PM

I was seriously considering the MRT catted H-pipe, until reading the exhaust shootout article, in the Anderson Ford Motorsport website According to their independent testing results ! neither the Mac catted prochamber, Bassani catted X, nor Magnaflow catted X-pipe, gained no more than just 4-5 peak HP, over the factory H-pipe on the dyno..That being said, unless you plan on running LT headers, or going forced induction ? the $500.00 + for the MRT, just isn't worth replacing the factory exhaust IMHO
Old 8/4/07, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks!
At the dealership we parked my car, SLP catted x and gta's next to a shelby gt. the aftermarket cats sound louder than the stock cats with an x pipe. I just ordered and Offroad h since the slp hangs too low and scrapes all the time; im gonna cut and use the slp cats, should make for an interesting sound. loud but not raspy with the x, more deeper.
Old 8/5/07, 05:15 PM
Big Falken Tires

I can't find that article on Anderson's website

but 5+ hp gain is fine with me, as I am not after raw HP gains (the Saleen SC takes care of that)

The stock pipe is good

but I want something a little less restrictive and of course, to change the exhaust note.
Old 8/5/07, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi-Flow's def. wake up the mufflers.
Old 8/5/07, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Burke0011
I can't find that article on Anderson's website

but 5+ hp gain is fine with me, as I am not after raw HP gains (the Saleen SC takes care of that)

The stock pipe is good

but I want something a little less restrictive and of course, to change the exhaust note.
To find the article ? look up at the very top of the home page ! once there, you'll find about 7 links..When you see the link for Tech Articles ? click on it, and then scroll down the page, until you see.. October 2005, then right beside it ! you'll notice the link on your right hand side for 05 Mustang Exhaust Shootout, Part 2..Once you see the shootout link ? click on it..You can't miss it..
Old 8/6/07, 05:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I was seriously considering the MRT catted H-pipe, until reading the exhaust shootout article, in the Anderson Ford Motorsport website According to their independent testing results ! neither the Mac catted prochamber, Bassani catted X, nor Magnaflow catted X-pipe, gained no more than just 4-5 peak HP, over the factory H-pipe on the dyno..That being said, unless you plan on running LT headers, or going forced induction ? the $500.00 + for the MRT, just isn't worth replacing the factory exhaust IMHO
After driving mine with this H, I can agree with 4-5hp gainas I did not feel much difference. so yes, if HP is all that you are looking for, $500 for 4-5hp seems expensive. but to me, the sound added to a small performance gain is worth the price...
Old 8/6/07, 10:50 AM

After driving mine with this H, I can agree with 4-5hp gainas I did not feel much difference. so yes, if HP is all that you are looking for, $500 for 4-5hp seems expensive. but to me, the sound added to a small performance gain is worth the price...
If sound is you're main concern ? then your MRT axle backs, should provide a significant sound improvement, on their own..Otherwise, I'd consider trying a different axle back
Old 8/6/07, 11:13 AM
Big Falken Tires

If sound is you're main concern ? then your MRT axle backs, should provide a significant sound improvement, on their own..Otherwise, I'd consider trying a different axle back
Dude its his car, his money
Old 8/6/07, 11:34 AM

Dude its his car, his money
! I'm fully aware of the fact, that it's his car and his money, as it was just a friggin suggestion..Therefore, excuse me for trying to be helpful..
Old 8/6/07, 11:50 AM
Big Falken Tires

! I'm fully aware of the fact, that it's his car and his money, as it was just a friggin suggestion..Therefore, excuse me for trying to be helpful..
Dude I am fully aware (now) that you were trying to help out with a suggestion (the guy has already spent the money on the midpipe and was saying he was happy with that set-up and his axlebacks. )

Your response seemed to indcate you thought he still wanted to change the sound.........

Sorry dude - posting at lunch and reading too fast - upon rereading I got the wrong impression from your post.

ooops.....
Old 8/6/07, 12:29 PM
GT Member

I have no complaints about the axleback or midpipe.
And, as it has been stated by others, the high flow cats give it an even deeper/louder tone which is what I was looking for. so to me, this was worth the money.
Old 8/6/07, 01:05 PM

Dude I am fully aware (now) that you were trying to help out with a suggestion (the guy has already spent the money on the midpipe and was saying he was happy with that set-up and his axlebacks. )

Your response seemed to indcate you thought he still wanted to change the sound.........

Sorry dude - posting at lunch and reading too fast - upon rereading I got the wrong impression from your post.

ooops.....
Sorry if you misunderstood Burke ? but no, my response wasn't indicating that he was still looking to change the sound..I just assumed that upgrading to an aftermarket axle back, would provide enough sound improvement, without the additional need, for upgrading to either an off road, or high-flow catted mid pipe ? Anyway, all that really matters ! is the guy is happy with his setup..
Old 8/6/07, 01:08 PM

I have no complaints about the axleback or midpipe.
And, as it has been stated by others, the high flow cats give it an even deeper/louder tone which is what I was looking for. so to me, this was worth the money.
As long as you're happy with your setup ? that's all that really matters..