GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Mod-a-holics anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/05, 12:36 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 11:29 PM
Hi, my name is Jessica, and while the mods to my car have yet to being in ernest, I have a laundry list of what will be done... My husband used to worry about walking me past jewlery stores... shoe stores... now he worries what I am going to read on here...

My mother's day list includes things like tail lights, and gears, and straight pipes... I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with that picture...

right?
There sure isnt!
Old 5/3/05, 04:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My name is Dave, and I too told my wife that I wouldn't be "tearing the car apart" since it's the nicest car I've ever owned, let alone the nicest Stang. My mod habit started the day after I bought my first Mustang in Feb/2000. I pulled the air silencer and rewired the fog lights to come on independently of the head lights. From there it went on to springs, shifter, 4 auxilliary gauges inside, off-road x-pipe, MagnaPacks, 17x9 and 17x10.5 (with 315's on the back!) Cobra R Motorsport wheels, an S281 rear wing, and export flares...whew.
With the 05, it started innocently enough with a Steeda billet power plug. Then Steeda shifter bushings. Then Redline hood struts. Then BMR LCA's. Then Eibach Pro springs and a BMR adjustable panhard rod. Then Autometer gauges in a dual pod pillar. Then a JLT CAI w/Predator tune. I can't stop and won't stop until I reach 300RWHP minimum, on a Mustang Dyno
Old 5/3/05, 05:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hi, my name is Tom. Since I don't have my car yet, how could I have a problem? Just because I have a JBA axleback system, sequentials, car cover, zaino kit, floor mats, license plate frames, center caps, K&N filter, caliper paint, and MRT louvers (on order) means nothing. Hey, if I had a problem I'd be the first to admit it. GET OFF MY BACK!!!
Old 5/3/05, 06:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by nbk13nw@May 2, 2005, 6:46 PM
Hi... My name is Kirk.... and I am a farter! Huh? Wrong group.... sorry...
I remember that skit, by Robert Townsend. If that is the one you are talking about. That was funny.

I am getting addicted, I am on the edge and starting to fall in. The only thing holding me back is my wallet. Being unemployed, that wallet is a HUGE anchor holding me back. But I fear as soon as I get a job, I will fall hard. Heck I already have a few things planned as soon as I hear the words; "your hired."
Old 5/3/05, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

there is no stop, i remember when i got my first 5.0 (about 8 years ago), i was happy with it and its performance, then my friend said you should get exhaust...
Well it went from exhaust to headers to intake and then the addiction really took me over as I built a 347c.i. motor and in the end i had a Mustang GT with only a shell from ford, everything from the suspention, engine, tranny, rear end, and interior was replaced with upgrades. Now heres the good news I am over that and it will never happen again, to much work and worries when you are that deep into it, but needless to say I will be doing a twin turbo (as soon as they are done develoment, cant say the company cause it will be in MM&FF), stoptech brakes, rims/tires, and cluch. Now if after all that I still want more the 5.4 from a ford Suv will top it off
Old 5/5/05, 10:52 AM
GT Member

The next time your wife complains, remind her about her shoes.

Our Jones for Mustang Mods is like her shoe addiction!