GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Magnacharger/whipple

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/06, 04:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Turrizm
But the funny thing, is the magnacharger sounds like it's saying "WHOOOOOOOOOOOP" as in "whoop ***"... Now all I need is a blow off valve after the whooop sound to sound like "Assss" hehehe

niiiiiiiiiice
Old 12/8/06, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't wait to hear all about how your install turns out with the whipple, this was my 2nd choice. Can't wait!

Also you know something kind of funny... the sound of the Magnacharger is perfect, it's not too loud, and you only hear it when you want to hear it (press throttle past 1/2 way mark)...

But the funny thing, is the magnacharger sounds like it's saying "WHOOOOOOOOOOOP" as in "whoop ***"... Now all I need is a blow off valve after the whooop sound to sound like "Assss" hehehe
Will, LMAO that is a good way to describe the way the Magnason sounds. I was trying to think of a way to describe it against the Roush. Mine is loud but my friends just has exactly what you are saying "WWHHHHOOOOOOP". I hope my camcorder can capture it just right. Funny, when my friend was at Steeda looking at all the chargers and what not, he was talking with the guy about which one to go with, I interrupted them and said "He wants to hear it". Jason the sales guy said "Magnason then" LOL.

Tom, the Magnaflow X gave me another 2 pounds. If I ever roll the package Steeda has for the Roushcharger I figure that will net me 4 more putting me at a whopping 22 pounds. I keep this up I am only going to be able to make left turns with all the "added" weight on the drivers side.
Old 12/8/06, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Dude with the Roushcharger & Magnaflow/Borlas, I'm surprised that you're not dragging your driver's side mirror on the concrete!!
Old 12/8/06, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so for whine it is Whipple, Magnuson, then Roush hmmm makes me think about getting something for daily driving then upgrading later, but which is the louder of the three and which one combines good sound level and price
Old 12/8/06, 08:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Dude with the Roushcharger & Magnaflow/Borlas, I'm surprised that you're not dragging your driver's side mirror on the concrete!!
LMAO!
Old 12/8/06, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Another vid of the Magnason from the site Will's car is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkl2wC1Tylg
Old 12/8/06, 08:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
so for whine it is Whipple, Magnuson, then Roush hmmm makes me think about getting something for daily driving then upgrading later, but which is the louder of the three and which one combines good sound level and price

I THINK the whipple is the loudest but i'm not sure. As far as the good sound level and good price that's the maguson for sure. I got a quote for the magnacharger for 5,200 installed and tuned from superchargersonline and 6,200 installed and tuned for the whipple without the gt500 fuel pumps, 6,700 with them. A S/C will be the last perf mod that I do to this car and i'm not looking for crazy power so I think the mafgnacharger will get the job done.
Old 12/8/06, 08:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Another vid of the Magnason from the site Will's car is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkl2wC1Tylg
I'm falling in love with this supercharger
Old 12/8/06, 09:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yea it whines a lot. Didn't sound like that car had a whole lot of exhaust going on. I just found a clip I made when I first got my car, uploading now. I'll post it as soon as it's ready.
Old 12/8/06, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK here it is, quick clip I found from inside the car. Camcorder still does not do it justice.

Roushcharger from inside the cockpit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXJaFf28H0
Old 12/8/06, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That sounds nice too....... very cool!
Old 12/8/06, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This stuff has me so pumped up right now Tom I am ready to go outside now and start shooting clips lol.
Old 12/8/06, 09:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GPStang06
This stuff has me so pumped up right now Tom I am ready to go outside now and start shooting clips lol.
No doubt....... but it's frickin' 6 degrees outside (LITERALLY) so the only trigger I'm squezzin' tonight is my own until my wife gets home from work.....

Anyway all of these blowers are so so tempting..... I want one so bad but I gotta wait until spring-time atleast.
Old 12/8/06, 11:05 PM

Yea i want to go get my car out the garage and do some burnouts!
Good thing I have a fast daily driver for my speed fix... (Evo IX)
Old 12/8/06, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

that blower sounded wicked!!

what FI system are you thinking your going to go with tom?
Old 12/9/06, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
what FI system are you thinking your going to go with tom?

Well to be honest, my immediate problem is I want a roots or twin screw but I have to make sure it works with this:

Also, it has to work with my budget.......

So I'm leaning more towards a centri unit like the Paxton because of these two reasons and because my local shop (BRENSPEED) sells, installs, and tunes these kits all the time. They have many of these Paxtons installed on cars that just scream. In fact, in October they installed one on a completely stock '06 automatic convertible. On stock tires, just accelerating from the start (not revving and powerbraking), the car ran 12.2 at the strip- well over a second faster than me with no other mods besides the blower kit.

If I had money to blow, I would buy a turbo over any kind of blower: check out the Hellion package: http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...rchargers.html
Old 12/9/06, 10:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well then I guess I am going with a Magnuson first then when I put in some serious mods (like a new block, trans, and rear axle) then I will move to a Whipple. Plus I do not think any roots or TS works with a Shaker system. And I think the Magnuson is a good Bang-for-the-Buck
Old 12/9/06, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I do know of one guy that has a Shaker and a KB twinscrew, but I'm not crazy about how it looks.

This though doesn't look so bad:
http://www.brenspeed.com/customers/g...cmiller062.jpg
Old 12/9/06, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
Well then I guess I am going with a Magnuson first then when I put in some serious mods (like a new block, trans, and rear axle) then I will move to a Whipple. Plus I do not think any roots or TS works with a Shaker system. And I think the Magnuson is a good Bang-for-the-Buck
Ira, not a bad choice at all. Even though I have a Roush, I would not pick a Roush if my car was out of warranty and I wanted more power. If my car didn't have the Roush on it already and was brand new, I would pick the Roush for the warranty and then go with something else later on when it's not my daily driver. If you are not worried about warranty issues (fighting with the dealership or Ford to prove the charger didn't cause failure) then the Magnacharger is a good choice for the price not to mention it can be tuned to output alot more power when you build up your internals.
Old 12/9/06, 11:44 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yea i want to go get my car out the garage and do some burnouts!
Good thing I have a fast daily driver for my speed fix... (Evo IX)
WHAT'S FASTER THE EVO OR YOUR MUSTANG AND WHICH DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE MORE