GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Magnacharger/whipple

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/06, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Me too- I want to be able to hear it. The Magnuson sounds good, turbos sound good too. I've done the sleeper thing before; not that I care about other people hearing it, but I want to hear it.
Old 12/7/06, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Me too- I want to be able to hear it. The Magnuson sounds good, turbos sound good too. I've done the sleeper thing before; not that I care about other people hearing it, but I want to hear it.
The magnason has nuts. There is no hiding it. I though my Roush was loud but the Magnason screams when you have WOT.
Old 12/7/06, 08:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GPStang06
The magnason has nuts. There is no hiding it. I though my Roush was loud but the Magnason screams when you have WOT.
Got any vid's of your roushcharger
Old 12/7/06, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the newer 2.6l KB is far from "silent". for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieSxQgJe6gM

but its still too quiet for my tastes. the louder the better.

I like the sound and the price of the Magnacharger, but I want a blower that will last me when I build my motor, and up the boost to 20+. No point in buying something now, only to have to upgrade later on down the road. Long term, I do plan to make this car a beast, so I want something that will work now on the stock motor, and with fuel upgrades and a smaller pulley, be good to well past 20psi. I want to push the limit of 91 octane gas, in the 650rwhp range for a street driven car. Not soon, but eventually, and I dont want to buy anything now that will need replacing to meet that goal. Oh and its gottta be ****ing loud too.
Old 12/8/06, 05:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
Got any vid's of your roushcharger
Yea, post a video of your Roush, Gary. I always forget that you have one- you're a lucky dog.
Old 12/8/06, 05:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Turrizm
I forgot to mention, the install and tune on my magnacharger setup was only $500 bucks... There is a video of my car on www.livernoismotorsports.com website... I plan on pushing the limits of the blower in the spring...

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...rger5speed.wmv
Great setup and video!! I have been looking at all the different SC's and it looks like the Magnuson does it all for me.$500.00 seems very reasonable for install. I live in Waterford Mi. and have been looking for an installer/speedshop locally that someone could recommend and Livernois sounds very reputable.Thanks for your research. I will visit them soon.
Old 12/8/06, 08:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Actually I was planning on making another exhaust video this weekend with drive by's and all which will include the charger. My friend with the magnason should be around too but his sounds pretty much the same as Turrizm's.

There was a vid. of a Roushcharged GT/CS from the dealership that my car came from (same setup as me but still had stock H) but looks like they did a forum cleanup, can't find it. I'll shoot a bunch this weekend.

Camcorder is getting more use now since I got this car. LOL
Old 12/8/06, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Great Gary, thanks.
Old 12/8/06, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Very cool! Cant wait to hear it compared to the magnacharger.

Anymore vids of the 2.6KB Jordan?
Old 12/8/06, 12:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Is the KB a better S/C than the whipple?
Old 12/8/06, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

better in terms of...what-power? reliability? easier install?
Old 12/8/06, 12:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

overall
Old 12/8/06, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

I would think they would be very similar in every aspect, but I will wait until someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Until then, watch this video...Anyone wanna know what the Roush Blower sounds like :Insert Drool Smiley Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq06eUNlyzI
Old 12/8/06, 12:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I noticed certain people perfer the k/b over the whipple
Old 12/8/06, 02:05 PM
FR500 Member

Mr. Whipple says:

The others aren't as squeezably soft

Old 12/8/06, 02:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
I would think they would be very similar in every aspect, but I will wait until someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Until then, watch this video...Anyone wanna know what the Roush Blower sounds like :Insert Drool Smiley Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq06eUNlyzI
Well without making any clips yet, that is what the Roush sounds like. When I first drove my car on the test drive, the SC is what sold me on that paticular car. It wasn't all because of the increased power but the sound the SC makes. The first thought that went through my head when I heard it was Mel Gibson in the Road Warrior when he flipped the switch to turn on his SC.

Do I have the fastest and best SC under my hood? Absolutley not. Am I dissapointed that I "wasted" my money as stated in the post on a car that has a roots blower on it. Absolutely NOT!! The main thing for me is this car right now is my everyday driver with it's 3/36000 powertrain warranty fully intact no matter what. I don't "need" a Magnason, KB, or Whipple for what I am doing with my car right now. I don't even drive fast all the time. For me it's more about crusing around like I have an 18 pound........ package if you will between my legs . It is rumored Roush is going to have some options available to increase the power on this blower but places like Steeda already have options. Steeda has been putting CAI and tunes on Roush charged cars and getting them up to 380+ RWHP. Add a high flow catted X or O/R pipe on it with that and it's right around 400 at the wheels. Do I really need more for my everyday driver? Nope, but thats me. When it becomes my toy full time....that's a different story, hell my 4.6 probably will be in someone elses car after that. .

As far as the Magnason in sound (in person). If you want to hear it, if you want the guy you are about smoke hear it, the Magnason will do the job. In fact to me, it is plain obscene. Camcorders don't do these things justice but I will try to make a video comparison of both mine and his, inside driving, outside driving, under the hood, etc etc.

Not because I own a Roushcharger but for people looking for added power on an everyday car that is not going to be at the track every weekend, I don't see how you could go wrong. It's fun, fast, sounds mean and keeps your warranty.
Old 12/8/06, 02:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Anybody got any vid's of the whipple on the 05+?
Old 12/8/06, 02:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well put Gary- I totally understand your decision. Makes good sense to me.

Oh yeah, I understand this part for sure:

For me it's more about crusing around like I have an 18 pound........ package if you will between my legs .
I know that feeling first hand already.....
Old 12/8/06, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
Anybody got any vid's of the whipple on the 05+?

I'm on my way to get my whipple installed. I will have a few vids, on DYNO and on STREET after install and I'll be sure to post them!
Old 12/8/06, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
I'm on my way to get my whipple installed. I will have a few vids, on DYNO and on STREET after install and I'll be sure to post them!

I can't wait to hear all about how your install turns out with the whipple, this was my 2nd choice. Can't wait!

Also you know something kind of funny... the sound of the Magnacharger is perfect, it's not too loud, and you only hear it when you want to hear it (press throttle past 1/2 way mark)...

But the funny thing, is the magnacharger sounds like it's saying "WHOOOOOOOOOOOP" as in "whoop ***"... Now all I need is a blow off valve after the whooop sound to sound like "Assss" hehehe